COVID and the housing market | Page 102 | GTAMotorcycle.com

COVID and the housing market

Hope my neighbour isn’t ****** with me. I informed him of the pool bylaws (thanks to GTAM as I didn’t know) and his pool is now half empty as of last night.

Interesting article on housing bubbles.

On that note, someone bought a house near me in october 2020 and just listed it for 500K more than they paid. Not sure if they will get it or not.

If you don’t ask you don’t get. Even if they get 100k more than they paid….it’s free money. I’m gonna go see if that place for 1.3M sold.

Hope my neighbour isn’t ****** with me. I informed him of the pool bylaws (thanks to GTAM as I didn’t know) and his pool is now half empty as of last night.
If someone pointed out a potential problem to me before it became a legal issue I would appreciate the heads up and opportunity to do corrective action on my terms.

He should have coordinated with you. Could have pumped most of the water into your pool and then filled his again from your hose to save him some money.
As I understand it, in cottage country you can't empty a pool or hot tub into a lake as it is treated water. It goes through the septic system.

I wonder if the same goes for the city?

As I understand it, in cottage country you can't empty a pool or hot tub into a lake as it is treated water. It goes through the septic system.

I wonder if the same goes for the city?
Dont know. People near me pump into the ditch. Never heard of anyone getting in trouble. I wouldnt be dumping a pool into a septic tank. Pools look nice because you make sure nothing can live in them. A dead septic tank is disgusting. I suspect you can make something work if you dump the water well away from the waters edge at a reasonable flow rate so it gets absorbed/filtered before it hits the water level.

Last year, one neighbour needed a new liner and another neighbour needed a lot of water in their pool so they just pumped across to save them time and money.

He should have coordinated with you. Could have pumped most of the water into your pool and then filled his again from your hose to save him some money.
I think he may have gotten the impression that I would be the one to call the city on him.

I just told him he doesn’t have a locked gate at all from the street, and his pool is 100% visible to all passerby’s. And we’ve had instances of nosy neighbours calling the city on people.

anyone have a good accountant or lawyer who has experience with property ownership changes through family members? Wondering if I will have to pay land transfer tax on a home I've lived in my whole life that parents are putting into my name? Looking like I will have to. Seems unfair that house has tripled in value in last 10 years and I'll have to bend over and pay it on full value amount?

anyone have a good accountant or lawyer who has experience with property ownership changes through family members? Wondering if I will have to pay land transfer tax on a home I've lived in my whole life that parents are putting into my name? Looking like I will have to. Seems unfair that house has tripled in value in last 10 years and I'll have to bend over and pay it on full value amount?

First-time buyers can get a land transfer tax rebate…you may qualify for that which would help to reduce the total amount paid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe no transfer tax will be applied as long as no money is being exchanged. If there is an existing mortgage then that would change as your assuming that mortgage. Then tax would be applied.

My understanding is worth the price paid.

Ive got a lawyer we’ve used for each transaction in the last 10 years. Commercial, residential, and family purchase. He’s in Brampton. Let me know.

Our accountant is in Etobicoke and she’s been involved in every purchase and commercial property we had as well. Worth her weight in gold.

I believe no transfer tax will be applied as long as no money is being exchanged. If there is an existing mortgage then that would change as your assuming that mortgage. Then tax would be applied.

My understanding is worth the price paid.

That's good news I'm hoping for. No Mortgage. I read about first time home buyer rebate but haven't come across a definitive answer yet. Thanks

That's good news I'm hoping for. No Mortgage. I read about first time home buyer rebate but haven't come across a definitive answer yet. Thanks
It looks like if they give it to you, ltt is zero.

So my understanding is worth slightly more than price paid.;)

So my understanding is worth slightly more than price paid. ;)

I definitely owe both of you a coffee or a couple of beers haha. Thanks (y)

They criminalizing poverty now, next they will throw the homeless into gas chambers:

Direct result of liberal fiscal policy affecting the housing market.

More armed cops:
They werent arresting people, they were telling them they couldnt stay there and rooms were available for them. Large presence of enforcement has been shown to be necessary as limited numbers of enforcement staff results in a larger and more dangerous push back.

I dont know the best solution. Large homeless camps create issues like fire, sanitation and unfortunately safety issues related to substances and mental health. Spreading homeless people out can be dangerous for individual homeless people. Putting them in a hotel/shelter has virus implications and many do not want to go.

When going up against a population that is mostly unarmed, having every officer armed and a bunch with long guns adds unnecessary stress to the situation imo.

Fully 1/5 of house purchases in Canada are by investors according to the Globe. That’s not good for any person trying to get on the housing ladder.

Back
Top Bottom