COVID-19 potential restrictions on riding? | Page 25 | GTAMotorcycle.com

COVID-19 potential restrictions on riding?

If they let one Church "gather" they have to let them all.

well , if they want to gather like that, let them. I dont see anything worse there than cars at the Costco or grocery, parked side by each. And these cats kept the windows up and listened to the radio. The media 'needs' a story, so this is what they can come up with?

Street near me has a social distance beer every evening at 5:30, kids on their own lawns, everybody stays on there own driveway. They wave and smile and talk across the street, a cruiser rolls up and the cop tells them "you cant be doing this" , doing what? everybody in thier own driveway, kids on thier own lawns , nobody gathering with anybody.

The Oakville by-law cop was on the waterfront trail Saturday afternoon telling people they could walk on the gravel path but they cant sit on the park benches, facing the lake, benches are closed.

Saturday and Sunday are going to have the roads packed with riders since it's forecasted to be 18 both days, it's the weekend, and we're coming out of a few days of anticipated rain.

With New Brunswick lightening up things and Quebec making some moves, Dougie is going to feel the pressure to follow suit.

NB makes sense. They strung together almost a week straight of no new cases.

Quebec? Not so sure but, they are going to let some businesses open that we’re non essential before. Big box stores is one example.

I imagine golf courses will be open under proper guidelines.

So, I’m thinking pleasure rides/drives will be ok soon.

I’ve been out in the car and window shopping some bikes.

Stay safe everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Though Fauci used to run seven miles a day every day, he says he couldn't keep up the regimen during the epidemic. In mid-March, he said he cut them down to 3.5 miles a day."

If Anthony feels it's ok to go out for a run....................

"Though Fauci used to run seven miles a day every day, he says he couldn't keep up the regimen during the epidemic. In mid-March, he said he cut them down to 3.5 miles a day."

If Anthony feels it's ok to go out for a run....................

The man is 79 years old....that's amazing. My reply if anyone ever use him as the slippery slope" If you got the accolades and accomplishments as Tony, go nuts and run you heart out!"

With New Brunswick lightening up things and Quebec making some moves, Dougie is going to feel the pressure to follow suit.

NB makes sense. They strung together almost a week straight of no new cases.

Quebec? Not so sure but, they are going to let some businesses open that we’re non essential before. Big box stores is one example.

I’ve been out in the car and window shopping some bikes.

Stay safe everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He might be pressured but I think it will also be used as a test.
To see the effect of easing off some of the restrictions.
If there is another spike in cases I am sure the pressure will be off.

If they let one Church "gather" they have to let them all.

It's a trade off between the thin edge of the wedge and a sketchy law.

This whole thing got dropped on us fast and a lot of what we are doing isn't smart in more ways then one. They are also telling us it isn't blowing over any time soon. Therefore we need clarifications on why certain measures are justified.

If there is no justification the law gets scrapped. We need test cases to see if the problems really exist. Personally I don't see a problem other than a poorly envisioned law being broken in the case of the church.

However how do you distinguish between a church parking lot meeting where everyone stays in their car and a rock concert where everyone stays in their car. The band is spread over a forty foot flatbed trailer.

I would be far more concerned about the rules being broken at the rock concert but that is an unproven opinion giving a religious group preferential treatment. While I would like the church to get an exemption it opens the doors to not only churches but other events as well.

If organizers get fined they have to realize that anyone with a grudge against them can attend and break the rules leaving them with hefty fines.

I don't know what it costs to stream a service but that seems to be the answer.

well , if they want to gather like that, let them. I dont see anything worse there than cars at the Costco or grocery, parked side by each. And these cats kept the windows up and listened to the radio. The media 'needs' a story, so this is what they can come up with?

Street near me has a social distance beer every evening at 5:30, kids on their own lawns, everybody stays on there own driveway. They wave and smile and talk across the street, a cruiser rolls up and the cop tells them "you cant be doing this" , doing what? everybody in thier own driveway, kids on thier own lawns , nobody gathering with anybody.

The Oakville by-law cop was on the waterfront trail Saturday afternoon telling people they could walk on the gravel path but they cant sit on the park benches, facing the lake, benches are closed.

So if I'm walking through a park and I get a cramp or my knee goes out I can't stop to rest it? Hopefully there is some common sense.

So if I'm walking through a park and I get a cramp or my knee goes out I can't stop to rest it? Hopefully there is some common sense.
Correct right now in many municipalities. The problem is give an inch and they will take a mile (I tripped and fell on my blanket with a book, I will feel better in a few hours). Personally, I dont agree with many of the rules they have implemented, but at least the park ones are quite clear (transit only, no stopping in the park).

I'm hoping some sanity prevails with golf courses in Ontario. Holiday Valley in Ellicottville NY is open for golf now. There are no carts, no washrooms and the golf shop is operating online only. There are reminders to social distance and don't touch the flagstick. Under these conditions a foursome should have no trouble staying apart on a wide open fairway, tee deck or green.

Pleasure rides/drives have always been "OK". The Government is merely recommending people limit travel, but there are no laws that prohibit non-essential travel here in Ontario. I've been out on my bike a few times now and before that my wife and I have taken a few drives in the country, just to get out of the house. We don't stop anywhere just drive and enjoy the scenery.

Last edited:
I'm hoping some sanity prevails with golf courses in Ontario. Holiday Valley in Ellicottvile NY is open for golf now. There are no carts, no washrooms and the golf shop is operating online only. There are reminders to social distance and don't touch the flagstick. Under these conditions a foursome should have no trouble staying apart on a wide open fairway, tee deck or green.

Pleasure rides/drives have always been "OK". The Government is merely recommending people limit travel, but there are no laws that prohibit non-essential travel here in Ontario. I've been out on my bike a few times now and before that my wife and I have taken a few drives in the country, just to get out of the house. We don't stop anywhere just drive and enjoy the scenery.

Short drives here. Wife has a tiny bladder.

We've done a few of the short drives with the family. Kids are going bananas so at least a short drive will get them out of the house. Last time was a nice QEW-DVP-401W-QEW-Brant-Mississauga (by Lakeshore). Nice circle within city limits just to get out of the house.

Sadly thats exactly the reasoning behind closing park benches. Sitting in the sunshine enjoying the view of the lake, becomes sorry officer my knee gave out.......
Article today, city side of the story (which seems for plausible than the guys) is guy got a warning for hanging out in a park, 2.5 hours later he was back having a picnic and got a ticket. Guys explanation is he sat down to take an international phone call and eat his cucumbers and drink his water but it wasnt a picnic. Then he moans about how he cant afford the ticket because he has a baby. For god sakes, stop sitting in the park, I dont like the rule, but it has been well publicized. Some people need the ticket to realize that this is serious and you cant just do whatever you want for the next while.

Some people feel the need to push for their "rights". There are enough of them that banning all activity is the only plausible way to keep spreading under control.

Last edited:
I don't like the rules, and it's always a struggle trying to keep the little guy from running to an empty playground when he sees it...but we don't do it. I love the photo with the baby used to garner sympathy though. Nice touch for sure.

We live by Erindale Park and they have the main entrance off Dundas blocked off with a 'guard' of some sort during the day. Walk around the side streets and see how many cars are parked on the streets to access the park. I have no issue with it, as the park is allowed to be used for walks, but it's getting ridiculous on some streets when the weather is nice.

Welcome to Canada Soufi.

(y) Welcome to Canada, this ain't Syria, pay the fine and don't publicly play stupid again.
and congratulations on having a (Canadian) baby.

Article today, city side of the story (which seems for plausible that the guys) is guy got a warning for hanging out in a park, 2.5 hours later he was back having a picnic and got a ticket. Guys explanation is he sat down to take an international phone call and eat his cucumbers and drink his water but it wasnt a picnic. Then he moans about how he cant afford the ticket because he has a baby. For god sakes, stop sitting in the park, I dont like the rule, but it has been well publicized. Some people need the ticket to realize that this is serious and you cant just do whatever you want for the next while.

Some people feel the need to push for their "rights". There are enough of them that banning all activity is the only plausible way to keep spreading under control.

It’s okay guys his government top up for his baby’s child care benefit payment will pay for this ticket. Fortunately his baby has gotten him out of this mess, all will be fine.

Back
Top Bottom