COVID-19 potential restrictions on riding? | Page 24 | GTAMotorcycle.com

COVID-19 potential restrictions on riding?

Looks like State of Emergency extended again. Dougie wants to legislate being able to do 28 days at a time rather than 14. check out Dougie also flaunting his beach bod in a new motivational T-shirt.

we will see what things look like, 28 days later
Apparently that was the way the emergency legislation was written. The only option when you declare a provincial emergency is 14 days, then a 14 day extension, then a 28 day extension. At that point legislature must vote to extend emergency, douggie cant do it on his own.

Well, I'm in the Hospital ?This has not been a good day. After spending the last 4 weeks quarantined inside the house, Limited contact with anyone in my neighborhood since mid March. Enough is Enough so I decided to go Motorcycle riding, something I haven't done in a long time. It turned out to be a horrible mistake! I got on the motorcycle and started out slowly, or so I tried, but then it got crazy and went a little faster; and faster, before I knew it, we were going as fast as the that bike could go. I couldn't take the pace and fell off, but caught my pants on the foot peg beside the crash bar. I was being dragged and bounced all over the place. The motorcycle just would not stop!

Thankfully the manager at Dollarama came running out and unplugged the machine. Then he actually had the nerve to take the rest of my quarters, so I wouldn't try to ride the damn Fire Truck or Clown Car...

A few scrapes and bruises but nothing was broken. I will wear leather and a helmet next time. Well, the helmet was suggested by the doctor.. and I only have to stay in here for the mandatory 72 hours required by the mental health people..

How many of you actually read what I wrote? If you did, copy and paste for someone else to get a laugh! We certainly need a little humor these days

For the first sentence or so I feared you were about to become the Martyr for the "See, we all said you shouldn't go riding right now because now you're put the police and the paramedics and the doctors and the lawyers and the nurses and the guy in the room next to you and his pet cat at risk for contracting Covid because of your actions" crowd. ;)

Ya, ok. No more of that **** for you. Sleep it off.

Lame I know but the only thing in the garage beer fridge right now.

Let's hope none of us have to write a slightly different version of the above story. (Without the second paragraph)

Stay safe and laugh often.
15880377153547389006262443976120.jpg

Last edited:
Looks yummy, girly drink or not. I don't judge.

For the first sentence or so I feared you were about to become the Martyr for the "See, we all said you shouldn't go riding right now because now you're put the police and the paramedics and the doctors and the lawyers and the nurses and the guy in the room next to you and his pet cat at risk for contracting Covid because of your actions" crowd. ;)

I think you have to exclude yourself from the "we" along with anyone else that has been riding this year ready.
@Wingboy is the only "we" in this case. Lol

Looks yummy, girly drink or not. I don't judge.

In fact it is. I think it is one of the very first coolers on the market many many years ago. Still one of my favourites. In terms of coolers.

So long as they keep making them with actual Vodka. Sadly a lot of these sorts of drinks are being converted to "Malt beverages" because that's pretty much the standard in the USA and it seems to be slowly bleeding north.

The malt ones are gross.

Never really looked into the ingredients but there are some not so good ones out there, along with some nasty ciders.
Is it just me or is everyone getting on the cider bandwagon in the last few years?

Was all worried when I started reading and then a big sigh of relief! Good job @oioioi

now enjoy that drink! I’m on my literal last beer in the house.....

Was all worried when I started reading and then a big sigh of relief! Good job @oioioi

now enjoy that drink! I’m on my literal last beer in the house.....

I too will need to replenish the fridge(s) in the house.
I am not much of a beer drinker during the winter months. The left over from my son's b-day party which is in October will usually last me till the spring.

Żywiec , Tyskie and Stella.
???

Just stay home and fall off a ladder. Less blow back.

So long as they keep making them with actual Vodka. Sadly a lot of these sorts of drinks are being converted to "Malt beverages" because that's pretty much the standard in the USA and it seems to be slowly bleeding north.

The malt ones are gross.

There's a non-alcoholic lemon shandy I like when BAC is an issue but usually I like beer to taste like beer and coffee to taste like coffee. Beer that tastes like pumpkin pie? Seriously?

Lame I know but the only thing in the garage beer fridge right now.

Let's hope none of us have to write a slightly different version of the above story. (Without the second paragraph)

Stay safe and laugh often.
View attachment 42902
I see your girly drink and raise you. Clearing out the liquor cabinet is kind of fun. 17% over ice made by the campari group. Yeah, it's a little sweet and fruity but that was expected.

x-rated-fusion-liqueur__41775.1496359925.jpg

Just stay home and fall off a ladder. Less blow back.

OK risk factor: A church in London is getting serious flak over having a service on Sunday BUT it was parking lot, stay in your car thing and apparently well spaced out with no collection. Listen the preacher by low power FM on the car radio.

If the cars were driving down the highway listening to a religious broadcast they would be a greater danger. Ideally a permit process would be available where the permit is only issued if safeguards are in place. Could drive in movies make a comeback? Bring your own snacks. Toilets?????

Similarly a bike ride only has the crash factor added unless there is a Timmies stop. 20 bikes taking 40 spaces, would that work for Timmies?

We did Burger King yesterday at lunch hour and there were only 3-4 cars in the line up and lots of parking. I'm pretty sure BK would have liked 20 bikes. Can the riders remember the six foot rule after?

I saw that article about the church. Although I think it’s a bunch of bs that will not stand up in court. They were warned a head of time. I think the church and the police are flexing on each other here. My take at first was good charge them all.
then I read the article and everyone stayed in their cars with windows up listening to the preacher on the radio. Not my idea of a good time but I can’t see anything wrong with their actions.
If you are going for a ride just keep your group small and don’t draw attention.
If your riding in a group of 20 bikes your asking for it.

It either breaks the max. number in a group gathering or it doesn't.

I saw that article about the church. Although I think it’s a bunch of bs that will not stand up in court. They were warned a head of time. I think the church and the police are flexing on each other here. My take at first was good charge them all.
then I read the article and everyone stayed in their cars with windows up listening to the preacher on the radio. Not my idea of a good time but I can’t see anything wrong with their actions.
If you are going for a ride just keep your group small and don’t draw attention.
If your riding in a group of 20 bikes your asking for it.
If they let one Church "gather" they have to let them all.

Back
Top Bottom