COVID-19 potential restrictions on riding? | Page 7 | GTAMotorcycle.com

COVID-19 potential restrictions on riding?

Currently, I don't think the situation means no riding. I'm prepping my bike hoping that i'll get a ride or two in.
I have friends that are nurses in emergency in two hospitals in the GTA and they both are saying its currently quieter than usual. Possibly calm before the storm but who knows, all the measures they are putting in won't have results for at least another 2-3 weeks.
If the situation ends up like Italy, NYC, Seattle, I would hang up the leathers for the as long as required. I almost didn't ride at all last year by choice for another reason and it was horrible.
Because as others have stated, I am not willing to risk taking the bed (hospital) and as a result the life of someone else if I get into an accident.
Ask them how the supply of PPE is doing.

Currently, I don't think the situation means no riding. I'm prepping my bike hoping that i'll get a ride or two in.
I have friends that are nurses in emergency in two hospitals in the GTA and they both are saying its currently quieter than usual. Possibly calm before the storm but who knows, all the measures they are putting in won't have results for at least another 2-3 weeks.
If the situation ends up like Italy, NYC, Seattle, I would hang up the leathers for the as long as required. I almost didn't ride at all last year by choice for another reason and it was horrible.
Because as others have stated, I am not willing to risk taking the bed (hospital) and as a result the life of someone else if I get into an accident.

Unfortunately I'm pretty confident we'll be on lockdown, the question is when. IMO we should be proactive and on lockdown right now, as in no leaving your property for a month or so. They've just confirmed that community transmission accounts for around 50% which means it's extremely hard to control and cases are going to spike significantly - look at what happened with Quebec yesterday, huge jump in 24 hours taking the provincial lead in cases.

Hoping Trudeau will be announcing this one of these mornings.

Ask them how the supply of PPE is doing.
They currently don't have supply issues as of yet. But might have once it escalates.

They currently don't have supply issues as of yet. But might have once it escalates.
interesting, i hear from a few RTs that its slim pickings. Currently they are being told to use 2 masks per 11.5hr shift. I believe normally you'd swap every patient.

interesting, i hear from a few RTs that its slim pickings. Currently they are being told to use 2 masks per 11.5hr shift. I believe normally you'd swap every patient.
Apparently some of the less scrupulous staff have cleaned out some hospitals before access to supplies was severely restricted. On the small chance that they can figure out who did it, they should make notes and after the crisis is over, fire them all with cause and post their names for all to see.

Thats the beauty of a modern hospital , security cameras everywhere. Figuring out who did it is easy and they aren't waiting for the crisis to be over. It's theft and that gets you fired. union cant help you there.

Thats the beauty of a modern hospital , security cameras everywhere. Figuring out who did it is easy and they aren't waiting for the crisis to be over. It's theft and that gets you fired. union cant help you there.
I think they will be critically short of medical staff. In the short term, now that they have secured the remaining stock, I am ok with the thief keeping people alive. Lesser evil.

75afe5e107070e3317af1ee4e767d129.jpg
Looks like the Hayabusa dude is looking for riding tips!

Lot's of people ripping up and down Snake Rd. today. Groups and solo.

Lot's of people ripping up and down Snake Rd. today. Groups and solo.

Would avoid riding twisty crash prone roads where weekend warriors gravitate to like the plague right now with our healthcare system about to be overloaded. That includes 507 area, Forks of the Credit, etc. for me. Especially now, I want to be far from any roads that are notorious for riders riding above their limits.

Did a Toronto loop. 401 427 Gardiner DVP 401 403. Nice day for a quick run.
Anyways, You guys think it's possible to have track days this summer?
Guessing the main problem would be the mandatory rider safety meetings, the parking/ hangout lot. Basically, any area where people congregate.

I'm of a similar mindset. I haven't seen the other side of my front door now in almost 2 weeks given "work from home" option and the fact I typically keep enough food for 2+ weeks, and grabbed a few key items on the way home last day I was in at work. Honestly right now I am really looking forward to getting the bike out and heading north just to see the trees and sky, fresh air, and really it should be a safe thing to do from an isolation standpoint (solo riding, protective gear, pay at pump, etc).

That said, like you mentioned, if we spike in cases like Italy or other countries, then the risk is too high, best to leave it parked. Really hope we don't get there, or a full lockdown where even getting groceries is difficult.

I left the house today for the first time in a week and went riding. Just under 300KM with 2 friends. I packed food and drinks so that I didn't have to rely on anything, anywhere.

We only stopped twice and when we did we did the extreme social distancing thing and stayed outside. Did not even mingle with any other member of the public outside.

It felt wonderful to just GTFO and do something that felt "normal" again. For a few wonderful hours Covid19 was not only my mind and there's absolutely nothing that we did during the trip that either exposed us to any risk, nor risk us exposing anyone else if by any chance one of us 3 were the carriers.

I will ride as soon as I'm out of self isolation tho technically I can now as that did not become mandatory til tonight but keeping staff happy and too cold anyways.

Fill up at self serve ...just some disinfectant in my pocket. Out and back, out and back ....love it. Be interesting to see Niagara Falls without tourists.

Back
Top Bottom