Cotton in my ear | GTAMotorcycle.com

Cotton in my ear

Mr.Azim

I was cleaning my ears the proper way (not sticking the Q-tip inside), but left my bathroom door unlocked. The door is right beside the mirror so when my brother opened it, he banged my elbow and up my ear it went. I took it out right away but the Q-tip ball was gone (maybe half of it, not the whole thing).

Luckily I can still hear and I didn't feel any pain at all so I know I'm not deaf and didn't stab my eardrum. It's in deep enough that tweezers won't work (I'm not dumb enough to try, but used logical deduction).

I can't physically feel anything so I doubt the entire ball got up in there, I didn't exactly compare before and after, and my hearing isn't really affected at all. But it's hard to tell without someone shining a light in my ear, and I won't let anyone do that unless they have malpractice insurance of some sort lol.

The most that is going on is a very slight static/ringing in my ear, but I can hear out of it 99%. I'm hoping a simple flush will take it out, but I never had the cotton experience. I'm going to the building walk-in after work.

I read online that the cotton can go bad/rot and cause an infection if not treated within a reasonable amount of time. I also read of people stupid enough to stick sharp objects in there, puncturing the ear drum and going deaf.

Last edited:
I would do something completely crazy and outrageous and go see a Doctor.

I was cleaning my ears the proper way (not sticking the Q-tip inside), but left my bathroom door unlocked. The door is right beside the mirror so when my brother opened it, he banged my elbow and up my ear it went. I took it out right away but the Q-tip ball was gone (maybe half of it, not the whole thing).

Luckily I can still hear and I didn't feel any pain at all so I know I'm not deaf and didn't stab my eardrum. It's in deep enough that tweezers won't work (I'm not dumb enough to try, but used logical deduction).

I can't physically feel anything so I doubt the entire ball got up in there, I didn't exactly compare before and after, and my hearing isn't really affected at all. But it's hard to tell without someone shining a light in my ear, and I won't let anyone do that unless they have malpractice insurance of some sort lol.

The most that is going on is a very slight static/ringing in my ear, but I can hear out of it 99%. I'm hoping a simple flush will take it out, but I never had the cotton experience. I'm going to the building walk-in after work.

I read online that the cotton can go bad/rot and cause an infection if not treated within a reasonable amount of time. I also read of people stupid enough to stick sharp objects in there, puncturing the ear drum and going deaf.

Crazy!!! hope you get better soon! keep us updated Please!

I would do something completely crazy and outrageous and go see a Doctor.

If I don't, I'll save tons on ear plugs. My box would last 2X longer!!!

There really isn't anything to "get better" from, I just want that cotton out of my ear lol. The walk-in is an hour wait, so I'll take a number then come back after lunch :p

i guess i could be worse, some people loss hot dog weiners in certain body parts.....just saying

I would do it the right way by having a doctor take care of it. Just remember, out of our senses, hearing is the only one that doesn't heal itself. Once it's gone...it's gone for good.

Good thing you asked here on a motorcycle forum, no point in talking to someone in the medical field.

Good thing you asked here on a motorcycle forum, no point in talking to someone in the medical field.

And for the record, I wouldn't recommend vacuuming... Might rupture your eardrum. I'm not a doctor, don't play one on TV and don't stay at Best Western, so take my opinion with a grain of salt :cool:

what ever you try make sure you take video and post the link here :)

I'm thinking you can't do this then?

[video=youtube;rMsoOxrwD5Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=rMsoOxrwD5Q[/video]

Good thing you actually read my original post *rolls eyes*. I didn't ask anything, I stated I was going to the doctor and wanted to share my annoying misfortune and make some cracks about it.

I'll try taking a pic of the after-splooge if the doctor/nurse lets me.

Might wanna do some manscaping

funny-ear-hair-01.jpg

What ?

Back
Top Bottom