Corsa Meccanica no longer a Piaggio (Aprilia/Moto Guzzi/Vespa) dealer (?) | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Corsa Meccanica no longer a Piaggio (Aprilia/Moto Guzzi/Vespa) dealer (?)

From what I hear, it's a lot of bike - might not be wise for a first time bike. As cliche as it sounds, starting on smaller displacement is the best move.

I think a 250/300 is a good start for sport/touring types.
yeah.. i don't htink its a good idea to start on 600cc+... i m waiting on a RC390...

Probably a picture of your odometer before heading into the shop and after it came out of the shop.

Yeah.. but he's saying 150km/h... speed... not distance tho.. :)
not solid on the details but apparently aprilia has a way to see last ride details or data logging or something.

Yup, if you reset the trip you can see things like max speed, avg speed, distance, etc.
Dang. Honestly, if a dealer specializes in a certain brand of bikes and not know what kinds of software the bike has. I agree don’t bother going there. They don’t even know their product so why would they give good service. :).

Dang. Honestly, if a dealer specializes in a certain brand of bikes and not know what kinds of software the bike has. I agree don’t bother going there. They don’t even know their product so why would they give good service. :).
or just not treat someone elses bike like a motogp racer on a public road?

A tuono at 150 km/h is motogp? While I would be ****** if they hurt my bike or got it seized, that speed is obviously no issue for that bike and it could happily do it all day every day.
Yeah, knowing first-hand how fast you can get to 150 and back on my bike (especially starting from 80 - I may or may not do worse on almost every ride at some point), I'm not sure how I'd feel about it. I'd definitely bring it up to them, though.

My bigger concern about Two-Wheel is that Aprilia is obviously a sideline for them among the Can-Ams, Yamahas, Kawasakis, Suzukis, Husqvarnas, etc. and the wait time for service when I've called has been hilariously long. I think they said the next opening for a certification when I moved here was three months out?

A tuono at 150 km/h is motogp? While I would be ****** if they hurt my bike or got it seized, that speed is obviously no issue for that bike and it could happily do it all day every day.
Just had the pleasure of riding a Tuono on track on Thursday… OMG.. this bike gives me poops and giggles at the same time. Running q3’s and not slicks, not my bike, so I was taking it easier..
4th gear power wheelies are just totally bonkers.
All I can say is, I WANT ONE, I WANT ONE NOW!!!

That makes at least three of us here at GTAM with a V85; still waiting for @bigpoppa. How about a photo?
Just a quick question where you insured your V85? I went with TD, but I thought it was quite expensive. Many other companies didn't wouldn't even insure the bike. Is it because it is a new/relatively rare bike?

Just had the pleasure of riding a Tuono on track on Thursday… OMG.. this bike gives me poops and giggles at the same time. Running q3’s and not slicks, not my bike, so I was taking it easier..
4th gear power wheelies are just totally bonkers.
All I can say is, I WANT ONE, I WANT ONE NOW!!!
Assume you mean the big boy and not the 660?

Assume you mean the big boy and not the 660?
Yes.. the 1100cc v4...
I've always liked them, sound is absolutely ear-gasmic...
First time I've ridden one with a "mildly annoyed" status (instead of riding in full on anger mode).

Giggles. Poops. Pure adrenaline. May as well have hit me with a mainline shot of heroin...

For real? How'd you find out? Always curious how you would catch a dealer or service guy doing that...
This is how you can easily find out. Aprilia's records top speed and many other parameters. On the dash and on your cell. Here is mine
52187756850_5e306404cc_k.jpg

IMHO if you own any Euro bike, you better have a nice toolbox, good mechanical aptitude, deep pockets, and a DHL account. I have all that, and I still wont own one.

I can service and repair my stuff, I'm not interested in anything Euro as even a good tech can't do everything unless they can get access to factory diagnostic equipment.

IMHO if you own any Euro bike, you better have a nice toolbox, good mechanical aptitude, deep pockets, and a DHL account. I have all that, and I still wont own one.

I can service and repair my stuff, I'm not interested in anything Euro as even a good tech can't do everything unless they can get access to factory diagnostic equipment.
That is how it used to be 10-15 years ago, but no longer the case. My Aprilia has over 30,000kms and not a single issue. I own 6 Italian bikes and they are all very reliable.

That is how it used to be 10-15 years ago, but no longer the case. My Aprilia has over 30,000kms and not a single issue. I own 6 Italian bikes and they are all very reliable.

Don't mind Mike. Every time someone types Ducati, Aprilia, BMW, KTM, etc., he'll pop in and tell everyone about how he likes Japanese bikes better because they're more reliable. It's reassuringly predictable, and a sign that some things can be counted upon to stay unmoved in this era of upheaval...

Don't mind Mike. Every time someone types Ducati, Aprilia, BMW, KTM, etc., he'll pop in and tell everyone about how he likes Japanese bikes better because they're more reliable. It's reassuringly predictable, and a sign that some things can be counted upon to stay unmoved in this era of upheaval...
Hes the new trials, but replace rimlocks with eurobikes

Back
Top Bottom