Corsa Meccanica no longer a Piaggio (Aprilia/Moto Guzzi/Vespa) dealer (?) | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Corsa Meccanica no longer a Piaggio (Aprilia/Moto Guzzi/Vespa) dealer (?)

is oakville a legit ducati shop? They seem like an exotic car dealer

I imagine this means its probably easy to open up an aprilia/guzzi dealer especially if you dont carry ducati?
BMW demands single line shops, much like HD.
Remember when BMW Toronto tried to bring in Piaggio Group products ?
That lasted about 2 weeks.

there have been 2 different Aprilia dealers up in the Capital region the last 10 years or so
I've spoken to both last few years and they'd love to have the service business
but they can't direct order parts anymore, and their access to tech info has been cut off
without a current PADS service tool they are very limited what they can do

both had the same commentary, great bikes, great customers that will spend $$
terrible OEM to deal with

both had their dealer agreements cancelled after refusing the unrealistic demands from Piaggio
not sure what happened with George and his crew, but I'd guess the same

is oakville a legit ducati shop? They seem like an exotic car dealer

I imagine this means its probably easy to open up an aprilia/guzzi dealer especially if you dont carry ducati?
I'm not really sure . They look like mishmash of exotic cars and some bikes. Can't tell if they have any sort of service.

As the main point of this board. I see huge void for some one to step in an open up a multi brand dealer.
If GP Bikes can sell Honda, Ducati , Triumph, KTM. Surely the largest city in Canada can support at least one Dealership for the brands being discussed.

I'm not really sure . They look like mishmash of exotic cars and some bikes. Can't tell if they have any sort of service.

As the main point of this board. I see huge void for some one to step in an open up a multi brand dealer.
If GP Bikes can sell Honda, Ducati , Triumph, KTM. Surely the largest city in Canada can support at least one Dealership for the brands being discussed.
Dealerships are stealerships - haven't you read any of the deep thoughts posted on this board (sarcasm font) ?

Last edited:
BMW demands single line shops, much like HD.
Remember when BMW Toronto tried to bring in Piaggio Group products ?
That lasted about 2 weeks.
Wonder if it depends on the size of market? Vancouver, Edmonton, Winnipeg, Barrie and Ottawa all have BMW in multi-line dealers, often with Ducati or Indian under the same roof.

I would say Toronto proper struggles to support new dealerships generally, simply due to the cost of commercial space. I can't imagine what it would cost to buy or lease the square footage of a mega-store like Two Wheel anywhere in Toronto...

I would say Toronto proper struggles to support new dealerships generally, simply due to the cost of commercial space. I can't imagine what it would cost to buy or lease the square footage of a mega-store like Two Wheel anywhere in Toronto...
If anyone had that much land in Toronto with a bike dealership on it, they would be getting multiple offers from Condo developers to take over the properly. So much money would be put on the table that it would be hard to refuse.

I am sure GP would do a lot better with sales and service (not that they are struggling) if they moved their store somewhere on the border of Scarborough/Pickering. But the cost of the move and rebuilt/remodel would be huge and take forever to recoup.

if anyone here is interested - not too many ape owners around
I'll post up how the experience with J&R goes

Please do!
I’ll need the ‘big service’ done at the end of this season and I’d rather drive to Stayner than Toronto area….and there’s no chance of me bringing a bike back to Two Wheel.

If you've ever dealt with Aprilia warranty, you'll understand why dealers are pulling the plug on this brand.

The guy formerly known as Mladin.

If you've ever dealt with Aprilia warranty, you'll understand why dealers are pulling the plug on this brand.

Before CM, George worked for Aprilia corporate. If anyone had a chance to pull strings and make things happen, it should be him.

if anyone here is interested - not too many ape owners around
I'll post up how the experience with J&R goes
Stay the F away. My bike went in for brake recall...turned into three different trips and on the third got the bike back with a broken bar end....which turned into another nightmare. It's a Polaris ATV and Snowmobile dealer. They should not be working on refined Italian motorcycles in my opinion. Do NOT recommend!

Stay the F away. My bike went in for brake recall...turned into three different trips and on the third got the bike back with a broken bar end....which turned into another nightmare. It's a Polaris ATV and Snowmobile dealer. They should not be working on refined Italian motorcycles in my opinion. Highly DO NOT recommend!

Good to know. Video of bike before going in seems necessary.

I had a fantastic buying experience at J&R in Stayner. Probably the best since the late eighties, although their product knowledge wasn't spectacular. Bought a non-current V7 racer a few years ago, and a tank blemish was cured with a replacement tank, in a few days. Couldn't ask for better service.

I had a fantastic buying experience at J&R in Stayner. Probably the best since the late eighties, although their product knowledge wasn't spectacular. Bought a non-current V7 racer a few years ago, and a tank blemish was cured with a replacement tank, in a few days. Couldn't ask for better service.
Overpriced old stock bikes (go check the bikes / prices out for a lark).

Terrible service.

May even break your bike..like they did mine.

Show us a picture of your bike and the invoice. Let's see the deal you got.

Overpriced old stock bikes (go check the bikes / prices out for a lark).

Terrible service.

May even break your bike..like they did mine.

Show us a picture of your bike and the invoice. Let's see the deal you got.

Take it easy. Folks are allowed to be happy without having to prove it. Not discounting your bad experience, but I've been around enough bike shops to know none are all bad and none are all good. Even Corsa Meccanica had their detractors in a thread I started a while back looking for recommendations on a good Aprilia shop...

think I recall a rant thread aways back about how aprilia sucks and all the dealers suck
yet someone bought a non-current for the SO anyway as it was a good deal
but they still suck, lol

sure hope I have a better experience with J&R
parts are ordered and paid for so I'm committed

waited a few weeks to post about J&R as the experience was...mixed
booked an appointment early May for 20K service and TS/repair the non-functioning rear preload - end of June
pre-paid for the parts for the service - no one except AF1 has parts in stock for a Capo 1200

5:30 PM, evening before the appointment, they leave me a voicemail that the parts are not in
best to cancel and re-book the appointment
as I had built a 9 day tour with a 2 day stop in Wasaga around this, I was not impressed

dropped the bike off anyway with instructions to do an oil change and dig into the ADD problem
would have to come back for the valve set

picked it up 2 days later, oil change done, one hour spent on the ADD sys
sizable bill, and an estimate for the suspension repair, $2K for parts and labour unknown
again, not impressed, riding with a passenger or a lot of gear is not safely possible with no way to set the preload

got talking to 2 Wheel, ended up dealing the Capo in on the V85TT
trade appraisal indicated the preload motor had indeed failed - so J&R got that right
they taxed me a bit for that, but the deal was still quite fair
the $$ I didn't spend on the big service offset the cost to repair susp sys

called J&R and cancelled the 20K service on the Capo
they gave me 100% credit on the ordered parts, even though some had arrived

not sure they are really familiar with the Aprilia brand - and no one is good with the Capo 1200
communications could have been better, but in the end they were also fair with me
and I'm relieved that bike is out of my sight, lovely to ride, but a PITA
of all the documented faults with the Capo 1200, that bike had every one of them

Corsa Meccanica is closed for good. Just saw George moving last stuffs out of the shop...
was wondering why i couldnt access their site...

Back
Top Bottom