Corsa Meccanica no longer a Piaggio (Aprilia/Moto Guzzi/Vespa) dealer (?) | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Corsa Meccanica no longer a Piaggio (Aprilia/Moto Guzzi/Vespa) dealer (?)

I would bet cf Moto outlasts Suzuki

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
This. I'd be concerned if I own a new generation GSX-R, Busa etc if the parts are still going to be coming off the assembly line. The prior years can survive for sometime with used parts, but buying a new Suzuki would not a good idea.

Interesting times in the motorcycle world!

The guy formerly known as Mladin.

Last edited:
That's a good point too.

Aprilia and Guzzi are not going away in the GTA, that's for sure. Piaggio is frickin' huge, and they're investing a lot into Aprilia, including streamlining the lineup so there are essentially two families of bikes based on the engine (V4 1100 and P2 660). This helps simplify parts management, which has been a big issue in the past (ask anyone who owned a Caponord - great bike, terrible support).

Sales for the 660 line have well exceeded expectations, especially in Europe, and there's rumours they may do one more model using the engine (scrambler, perhaps? Retro styled café racer? Bit of both?). The RSV4 is selling as well as any sportbike these days, and is definitely a halo model, considering how many superbike shootouts it wins. Not sure how Tuono sales numbers are, but it's an established model that's cheap to produce because of the shared RSV4 parts. Instead of doing a big top-to-bottom redesign, Aprilia's business model is to iterate their design every couple years, keeping it up to date without needed a whole new parts bin. This has paid off, as reliability is now light years ahead of where it used to be.

Look at what Piaggio is doing with Aprilia in MotoGP, too, bumping spending while all the Japanese factories are cutting back. That's not something you do if you're ambivalent about a brand. As mentioned above, Suzuki might be a bigger risk...

This. I'd be concerned if I own a new generation GSX-R, Busa etc if the parts are still going to be coming off the assembly line. The prior years can survive for sometime with used parts, but buying a new Suzuki would not a good idea.

Interesting times in the motorcycle world!

The guy formerly known as Mladin.

Pretty depends on the part as they really haven't updated much for their bikes. New generation was just mostly facelifts and tweaks. I might be wrong but the 'new' busa can take almost all the parts of the old one.

Pretty depends on the part as they really haven't updated much for their bikes. New generation was just mostly facelifts and tweaks. I might be wrong but the 'new' busa can take almost all the parts of the old one.
Suzuki doesn't care about North America, as long as it doesn't cost them money to be here they'll stay but don't expect much more than that.

Suzuki doesn't care about North America, as long as it doesn't cost them money to be here they'll stay but don't expect much more than that.

Per this RideApart article, Suzuki has seen the vast majority of its motorcycle sales and growth in India and China, with the two countries representing almost 80% of total two-wheeled sales. Interestingly for MotoGP fans, they have minimal presence in Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand and Vietnam, where there's huge interest in the race series, which may help explain why they pulled the plug on the team.

More concerning for fans of the brand here, their US sales dropped 41% YOY in 2021 and 29% in Europe, with roughly 22,000 total bikes sold in each market (including dirt bikes, mind you). Considering it's an otherwise hot market and they weren't leading any sales charts to begin with, I can't help but wonder how much lower the numbers can go before it's just not worth the headache.

StudioCycle near the Junction also do Aprilla and Moto Guzzi. I agree with you @Katatonic the brands are as good as the ones that represent them... talked to a lady at StudioCycle.. and despite the fact that I was a noob, she really really took the time in telling me what to look for.. and insights with the bikes... Even though I didn't end up with an Aprilla... you bet if I ever get into a 2nd bike.. I will visit StudioCycle first...... Talked SnowCity and GP Bikes.. and the sales guys I dealt with there was just a terrible experience.. they talk almost as if belittling you.. don't give you the time of day.. and just hurries to have you open your wallet... terrible.
Definitely a +1 for Studio Cycle. Bought my V85TT there and only have good things to say about them.

I agree re: Studiocycle. I was looking to get an Aprilia. They were a very inviting shop.

I have to admit I am increasingly uncomfortable with Aprilia's lack of stable dealer network though, which is the primary reason I have not pulled the trigger.
lol.. I decided not to pull the trigger on the RS660 because its my first bike.. and I don't think I want to crap my pants...

lol.. I decided not to pull the trigger on the RS660 because its my first bike.. and I don't think I want to crap my pants...
more importantly, you dont want to drop your brand new shiny expensive italian bike.

That makes at least three of us here at GTAM with a V85; still waiting for @bigpoppa. How about a photo?
Here ya go. Just got back from an 11K trip across Canada and the US. Other than a few minor glitches that were easily resolved (e.g. farted out some final drive oil) the bike performed flawlessly. I posted a full trip report on Moto Guzzi V85 | Facebook.

I'll keep an eye out for you on the streets. I'm based in south Etobicoke.

Attachments

• 285061052_10159022478136596_8931494071140408334_n.jpg
    285061052_10159022478136596_8931494071140408334_n.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 36

From what I hear, it's a lot of bike - might not be wise for a first time bike. As cliche as it sounds, starting on smaller displacement is the best move.

I think a 250/300 is a good start for sport/touring types.

Please do!
I’ll need the ‘big service’ done at the end of this season and I’d rather drive to Stayner than Toronto area….and there’s no chance of me bringing a bike back to Two Wheel.
What's wrong with Two-Wheels? Living in London that's pretty much my only option unless I want to ride 2 hours to Toronto. Had my valve check done a month ago and it was fine. They even offered to wash my bike for free

What's wrong with Two-Wheels? Living in London that's pretty much my only option unless I want to ride 2 hours to Toronto. Had my valve check done a month ago and it was fine. They even offered to wash my bike for free
They took his tuono for a 150km/h joyride on a public road (to "test" if the brakes worked or something)

Back
Top Bottom