Coronavirus | Page 537 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody knows about the totally new revolutionary inoculations either,
absolutely better not to find out what bad things might happen.
Wait, that's not right, it would be way better to know about something like that.:unsure:

This isn't what real world usage has been showing. The UK is on a strategy of vaccinating their entire population (or almost all of it) with one shot followed by the second that will follow 3 months later. With one shot in the books, their infection rate has been plummeting fast. If one shot is that effective, the delay to the second isn't an issue. Historically, booster shots have normally been a few months after the first shot - historically, that's what has been found most effective, and it is highly likely that it will be no different with this virus.

That isn't what was tested in the phase 3 trials, because the world needed something "pretty good" that could be used NOW, without spending years studying what would be the absolute statistically optimum way to do it.
Well there's your solution, give everybody half a shot today and the other half in 2 weeks time. Brilliant cost effective solution.

What about the rest of the animal species. That's all good?
They killed a million+ Mink for no reason or for good reason:unsure:
this thing come from humans or another species to begin with?

Kinda all depends on where you stand on that part.

they act like a reservoir for the virus

This isn't what real world usage has been showing. The UK is on a strategy of vaccinating their entire population (or almost all of it) with one shot followed by the second that will follow 3 months later. With one shot in the books, their infection rate has been plummeting fast. If one shot is that effective, the delay to the second isn't an issue. Historically, booster shots have normally been a few months after the first shot - historically, that's what has been found most effective, and it is highly likely that it will be no different with this virus.

That isn't what was tested in the phase 3 trials, because the world needed something "pretty good" that could be used NOW, without spending years studying what would be the absolute statistically optimum way to do it.
That's one of the three plus vaccines we potentially have available.
Did anybody see the answer as to why the feds picked 4 months as the spacing between shots?

That's one of the three plus vaccines we potentially have available.
Did anybody see the answer as to why the feds picked 4 months as the spacing between shots?
Afaik, past experience. No studies on varied timing complete yet. Other vaccination protocols worked reasonably well from xx weeks to yy weeks between shots. Much bigger effect on community viral load if you can get the first shot in as many arms as possible as fast as possible than to have a far few number fully vaccinated. They picked a length to try to allow factories to ramp up by the time shot two was required.

Afaik, past experience. No studies on varied timing complete yet. Other vaccination protocols worked reasonably well from xx weeks to yy weeks between shots. Much bigger effect on community viral load if you can get the first shot in as many arms as possible as fast as possible than to have a far few number fully vaccinated. They picked a length to try to allow factories to ramp up by the time shot two was required.
Saw an article yesterday that had someone stating the only reason was the expected supply. Can't find that exact article today, though. I'll keep looking. Here's one news clip on it:

The poor guy that died at Fleming was a D&D nerd that wanted nothing to do with the party :( The school is probably going to get sued and lose big if there were more than 10 people at that party.

A 31 year old student, who loved playing video games :unsure: very sad.

... what grade would you be in when you are 31 years old? I had teachers younger then that.

Saw an article yesterday that had someone stating the only reason was the expected supply. Can't find that exact article today, though. I'll keep looking. Here's one news clip on it:

Of course there will be those who "question" the delayed-second-dose scenario - and I can understand the grounds for it: The actual scenario that was studied in phase 3 tests, manufacturer's recommendations, etc. The manufacturer can only state their recommendations on the grounds of what their phase 3 tests did. But then there's real-world experience ...

A 31 year old student, who loved playing video games :unsure: very sad.

... what grade would you be in when you are 31 years old? I had teachers younger then that.
It was the college, mature student going back to school to change careers, learn something new, etc. Many people do that.

What makes this worse than tragic for me, idiots killed him with their behaviour.

It was the college, mature student going back to school to change careers, learn something new, etc. Many people do that.

What makes this worse than tragic for me, idiots killed him with their behaviour.

Poor guy. Just trying to make a better life for himself. I have mature students in some of my courses and they have a tough time integrating with the younger crowd. Almost all of them do very well as they are driven but it’s not an easy thing to do. This is tragic and needs to be posted up on every campus in the hopes that the minority of selfish idiots maybe think about their actions.

Of course there will be those who "question" the delayed-second-dose scenario - and I can understand the grounds for it: The actual scenario that was studied in phase 3 tests, manufacturer's recommendations, etc. The manufacturer can only state their recommendations on the grounds of what their phase 3 tests did. But then there's real-world experience ...

'But Canada's chief science adviser, Mona Nemer, says the decision to delay doses amounted to a "population level experiment."
"The comment from the chief science adviser was most unfortunate," said Skowronski. ' Sauce

What real-world experience, if there's only been two months between shots?

After all this is over and we get back to “normal” I hope one thing changes. I’m hoping people may think about others a little bit more before turning up to work with their eyes streaming, nose dripping and coughing as spluttering over everyone. One of my biggest peeves were people dropping by my office looking and sounding like they just stepped out of a TB ward. I’d tell them to bugger off and come back when they weren’t infectious.

Hoping..,but not expecting.

Poor guy. Just trying to make a better life for himself. I have mature students in some of my courses and they have a tough time integrating with the younger crowd. Almost all of them do very well as they are driven but it’s not an easy thing to do. This is tragic and needs to be posted up on every campus in the hopes that the minority of selfish idiots maybe think about their actions.
Yes, I did a degree in manufacturing engineering in my 40s for ***** and giggles.

When I did my electrical/electronic engineering right after high school we had a few students in their 30s, at the time they seemed very old to us... Most kicked serious ass as they were there for bigger reasons than the rest of us young punks (and were of course much more mature)....

I remember doing my PMP courses at Ryerson in my mid 30s....majority of the classes were online so no big deal.

One I showed up to a class I looked around and I’m like WTF....I’m one of the old guys!

My wife and I did a week of surf camp in Oz. We were a decade older than the next oldest person and about 15 years older than most. It was fun but very strange being the old people. It would be hard to be in that environment for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom