Coronavirus | Page 390 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Face shields are not accepted in many jurisdictions nor are the clear muzzles. I have N95 masks that don't qualify because they have exhale vents. They protect me when I'm sawing concrete but not so good for protecting people from me if I get the bug.

If you wear your mask under your nose can I staple your nostrils shut?

P.S. The Mrs. wears a mask and shield which is OK.
I agree that a face shield is not a great option. The freedumb crowd refuses to wear masks and site some undisclosed medical condition as the reasoning if challenged. If your only choices are a $1 mask or a $20 face shield, I expect most of the free dumbers will wear a mask.

Idiots!

I am very much a left leaning individual but this is political correctness run amok. How many are getting sick because of this negligence? Is this possibly causing deaths? How would you even begin to contract trace this?

I hope that someone like The Fifth Estate or another investigative news program blows the lif off of this and examines the public transit systems across Canada to see how wide spread this is.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Canada stacking vacs to the ceiling (source is in the thread)

I don't get it. Is that JT's long game? He plans on being the StubHub of vaccines? Donate 1% to countries in need to appear altruistic and sell the other 99% at a disgusting markup to those that can afford to pay?

Afaik, the vaccines require two shots per person. What is our plan for the extra seven? I know they were purchased to ensure the fastest deployment as nobody knew about availability or capacity, but I wonder what the plan is for all the extra doses (because I highly doubt that 3/4 will fail to deliver).

We are supposed to get 6m doses by March, that’s the Liberal stated goal, that will cover all of JTs friends and 1 dose for frontline healthcare workers.

I worry when a Liberal leader uses the word goal, it usually means shot on goal, not score on goal. Or as Wynne famously put it, “we set stretch goals”.

We are supposed to get 6m doses by March, that’s the Liberal stated goal, that will cover all of JTs friends and 1 dose for frontline healthcare workers.

I worry when a Liberal leader uses the word goal, it usually means shot on goal, not score on goal. Or as Wynne famously put it, “we set stretch goals”.
Shouldn't JT be like the captain of the ship? He gets his after everybody else is safe? If he bungles the rollout, he goes down with the ship.

Tam says six million doses to arrive between January and March. I'm not sure if they are counting doses as shots or people. Given the desire for the narrative to show how awesome the gov't is, I am betting shots and half that number of people. Either way that's basically pissing in the wind. A good start but not exactly a wide spread rollout (not even enough to cover their high-priority list).

By the time everything finally rolls out, will we have 12 doses per person?
After all, in the meantime, more and more people are going to get sick.

By the time everything finally rolls out, will we have 12 doses per person?

I'd rather have too much than too little....which is what some people were crying (along with claiming a total lack of planning, also now dismissed as just plain wrong) not that long ago.

I'm pretty confident we'll have no trouble redistributing/selling our extra.

I'd rather have too much than too little....which is what some people were crying (along with claiming a total lack of planning, also now dismissed as just plain wrong) not that long ago.

ZomboMeme 02122020185258.jpg

@PrivatePilot Please explain the plan to me, I'm confused about it, unless you meant a different word.

Please explain the plan to me, I'm confused about it, unless you meant a different word.
Quick Google search is your friend.

The reason we will have so many doses (to the envy of many other countries) is because our government threw all the jello at the wall with the expectation that only some of it would stick. There was plenty of question about how many of the candidate vaccines would be effective and deemed safe. It was unexpected that as many passed that scrutiny (effective and apparently safe based on current data that's out there) as have happened. So, in short, almost all the jello stuck. The money was spent no matter what (in order to have things move as fast as they have, and to ensure supply, many/most governments (including ours) committed the money without any guarantee of product, so in short, we're going to get a crap ton of product in the end. A product that's going to be in massive demand.

If the government had taken a different approach, IE not spreading the risk amongst many candidate companies, or just being cheap and not throwing the jello at the wall, there would be people screaming at the government for NOT doing all those things and "leaving Canadians unprotected" blah blah blah.

This is a picture perfect example of "Damned if they do, damned if they don't".

Quick Google search is your friend.

The reason we will have so many doses (to the envy of many other countries) is because our government threw all the jello at the wall with the expectation that only some of it would stick. There was plenty of question about how many of the candidate vaccines would be effective and deemed safe. It was unexpected that as many passed that scrutiny (effective and apparently safe based on current data that's out there) as have happened. So, in short, almost all the jello stuck. The money was spent no matter what (in order to have things move as fast as they have, and to ensure supply, many/most governments (including ours) committed the money without any guarantee of product, so in short, we're going to get a crap ton of product in the end. A product that's going to be in massive demand.

If the government had taken a different approach, IE not spreading the risk amongst many candidate companies, or just being cheap and not throwing the jello at the wall, there would be people screaming at the government for NOT doing all those things and "leaving Canadians unprotected" blah blah blah.

This is a picture perfect example of "Damned if they do, damned if they don't".
Sounds to me like our Government handled this well. There are lots of things to criticize the Trudeau gorvernment for; but I don't think this qualifies as a failure.

Tam says six million doses to arrive between January and March. I'm not sure if they are counting doses as shots or people. Given the desire for the narrative to show how awesome the gov't is, I am betting shots and half that number of people. Either way that's basically pissing in the wind. A good start but not exactly a wide spread rollout (not even enough to cover their high-priority list).

We're already hearing the weasel-words when talking about delivery of vaccines... "we're expecting that in the second quarter, depending on the approvals of the vaccines".

At the moment the Liberal's priority list is: Seniors (6.5 million), those with pre-existing conditions like liver and heart disease or diabetes (8m), and people who live in the same household as those people (20million). Long-term care workers, people who live in Indigenous communities (8m), and front-line essential workers such as first responders or grocery store employees (4M). Just about everyone in the country. I wonder how they pare that down to just 3million people?

we're expecting that in the second quarter, depending on the approvals of the vaccines".

As much as some people seem to expect the government to have all knowing crystal balls, yeah.... no.

There's lots of countries managing this waaaaay worse than we are. Again everyone, step back, take a deep breath, and let the bipartisanship flow through you.

As much as some people seem to expect the government to have all knowing crystal balls, yeah.... no.

There's lots of countries managing this waaaaay worse than we are. Again everyone, step back, take a deep breath, and let the bipartisanship flow through you.
I think most of know there are real obstacles and things can change. But they know that too, and part of leadership is making sure your vision is sound and well understood, take ownership for your mistakes, set and manage realistic expectations, and you don't treat the voters like a dumbass proletariat. I think Ford is doing this better than Trudeau.

Whether Canada is faring well compared to the rest of the world in flattening/deaths etc. is a separate topic of discussion. Generally I think we are doing well in a relative sense, but others may disagree.

Idiots!

I am very much a left leaning individual but this is political correctness run amok. How many are getting sick because of this negligence? Is this possibly causing deaths? How would you even begin to contract trace this?

I hope that someone like The Fifth Estate or another investigative news program blows the lif off of this and examines the public transit systems across Canada to see how wide spread this is.

If a person is so weak they can't wear a mask they are too weak to work or do anything besides sit and breathe at home.

It's a foreign feeling but one gets used to it. It's a minor discomfort.

I'm watching the news and St Catherines city council voted to block Toronto youth teams from booking ice time. Apparently a lot of kids clubs in the lockdown zone are looking to keep the kids skating and looking outside the city for"exhibition" games and practise times.

I texted a co worker that has two kids playing rep hockey,asked whats up with his program, he's in an orange city so all his 'away' games are now home games with grey/red zone teams, they dont travel in, the other teams travel out.

I asked, are you hockey moms all ******? apparently the parents are more devastated than some kids about a wasted winter, no hotel highjinx , no drucken parties in Pittsburgh. Going to be a hard winter for hockey moms.

I think Ford is doing this better than Trudeau.

4-5 months ago I would have agreed. Not anymore - Ford seems like he’s just grasping at straws more and more now, just bumbling from one decision to another, and not admitting when somethings wrong or broken (IE big box stores being wide open for business and flooded with shoppers right now, but mom and pop shops closed) and fixing it.

I'm watching the news and St Catherines city council voted to block Toronto youth teams from booking ice time. Apparently a lot of kids clubs in the lockdown zone are looking to keep the kids skating and looking outside the city for"exhibition" games and practise times.
Great way to spread a virus to less affected regions. Indoor skating arenas are cold damp germ cesspools.
Seriously, have you Ever seen a hockey player that did not spit on the ice ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom