Coronavirus | Page 277 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
:(

The US has had more new cases of COVID-19 in the last three days than Canada has had in total....that is not just from the population differences and also not from just doing more testing....

And Trump was on the news today excitedly telling everyone about how great a job he's done fighting Covid.

You can't make this **** up.

I'm not expecting the border to be open for the rest of the year, and I'm expecting current exemptions/loophoes that ARE letting Americans in who are claiming they're headed to Alaska (who then very much do NOT head to Alaska but become tourists) to be closed.

We are looking at a European cruise at this point for early next year. Canadians are allowed over there again and I'm hoping that the cruises will be up and running there again by then. I'm not holding out any hope for anything out of the USA based ports for at least the next 8-10 months at this point.

And Trump was on the news today excitedly telling everyone about how great a job he's done fighting Covid.

I'm not expecting the border to be open for the rest of the year, and I'm expecting current exemptions/loophoes that ARE letting Americans in who are claiming they're headed to Alaska (who then very much do NOT head to Alaska but become tourists) to be closed.

We are looking at a European cruise at this point for early next year. Canadians are allowed over there again and I'm hoping that the cruises will be up and running there again by then. I'm not holding out any hope for anything out of the USA based ports for at least the next 8-10 months at this point.

Amazing how all the high VID cases are in Republican states . Yet no high numbers in the states with all the riots. You know the ones that are Democrat .

New York is a democrat-held state, along with a lot of the crowded northeast, and that was the epicenter of part one of the infection in the USA. The epicenter of part two of the infection in the USA seems to be everywhere else. There are still some states with small numbers ... but increasing.

The riots are an interesting scenario. They're mostly outdoors, which is a good thing. The dynamic nature of these doesn't put any given person in close contact with any other person for very long, which is a good thing. Evidently a fair number of people wore masks, which is a good thing.

Indoor crowds in restaurants and bars are bad news.

From worldometers.info, I looked up cases per million population.

As of right now, the following states have fewer cases per million population than Ontario: Hawaii, Montana, Alaska, West Virginia, Vermont, Oregon. Maine is about the same. That's it! All other states are worse off. And of those states, only Vermont doesn't have a daily-cases curve that is taking off.

FWIW I went through a covid drive test today. Ten minutes once you reached the registration tent but an hour and a half to get there. The swab up my nose was creepy unpleasant but not painful, results in 3-4 days. I had no reason to go other than I may be meeting some compromised people next week.

let me google that for you
click on Toronto Neighbourhood Maps

:LOL: kids
and cover your face when you sneeze too! you little rascal

Our "Safe and clean" neighbourhood has 25 cases but it would be interesting to know what percentage live in the ten high rise buildings where distancing is a problem.

Getting there...

So I got the "poop" on what happened at Centennial beach in Barrie a few days ago. They closed the beach and kicked everybody off and then banned tents before reopening it. The lines to the outhouses were long so certain people decided to dig holes on the beach and use it for their bodily functions. Not all of the tents being used for this function had four sides.

Wasaga just cut their parking in half due to ridiculous crowds over the past two weeks.

Cobourg was contemplating a pass system (which on the surface seems like a great compromise) but abandoned that and is keeping the beach completely off-limits until Aug 31.

Well, with any luck, this was their farewell party and AGCO will cancel their liquor license. Idiots.

Nice. License suspended. AGCO intends to cancel their liquor license. Idiots.

So I got the "poop" on what happened at Centennial beach in Barrie a few days ago. They closed the beach and kicked everybody off and then banned tents before reopening it. The lines to the outhouses were long so certain people decided to dig holes on the beach and use it for their bodily functions. Not all of the tents being used for this function had four sides.

Wasaga just cut their parking in half due to ridiculous crowds over the past two weeks.

Cobourg was contemplating a pass system (which on the surface seems like a great compromise) but abandoned that and is keeping the beach completely off-limits until Aug 31.
and they should, people can't clearly manage themselves like adults so do it for them.

How many warning signs does MLB need before they realize they are trying to implement a really terrible idea? JT let the Jays practice at Rogers but hasn't decided on whether to allow games and visiting teams in. Hopefully he pulls his head out of his ass and realizes that travelling sports teams are just about the dumbest thing possible.

"Thirty-one Major League Baseball players and seven staff members tested positive for COVID-19 during intake for the resumption of training, a rate of 1.2%." "The positive tests occurred among 19 of the 30 teams "

GG-from what I saw before this is gaming the stats as they are testing a limited sample of people many times. If they tested the entire population at least once, given that 19 teams are infected, the positive rate will be much much higher, probably closer to 20%. This is before teams have even attempted to be near each other. This level of infection is just teams trying to practice with their own players.

Canadian weather will take care of the beach issue!
Canadian Summer.gif

That would have been so cool if she could make her head rotate completely around after she licked the window ?

That would have been so cool if she could make her head rotate completely around after she licked the window ?

So thats why LCBO is considered an essential service

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom