Coronavirus | Page 276 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Farmers cull herds and plow under crops that aren't worth harvesting. Is this any different?
Yes, last time I checked, farm animals and crops still have a slightly lower value then human lives.

Yes, last time I checked, farm animals and crops still have a slightly lower value then human lives.
The businesses aren't lives. They are employment. Sometimes you need to realign your employment with the realities of the market. If they can function at lower capacity and survive, great. Maybe higher prices work as many are strictly a luxury and with lower capacity people may switch to a longer cycle time resulting in the same yearly outlay. If they don't have a remotely viable strategy other than adding to the JT dumpster fire (cough CFL), put a fork in them. They can decide whether to re-emerge in the future if a viable normal exists. Continuing to pour money into something with no viable future is idiotic.

A really interesting funding issue that I haven't seen any remotely viable solution to is municipalities. This is especially bad for those with public transit. They are not allowed to accumulate debt and afaik the funding announced from above to cover the nation is a small percentage of what Toronto alone requires. Part of me suspects that government will allow municipalities to pull a 20 year loan to cover their 2020/2021 debt. Then it is up to the municipality to ratchet the principal down by at least 5% a year. Maybe this is finally the time for Toronto to correct their embarassingly low single family home property tax. Continuing to argue that it is appropriate when it is a small fraction of property tax in the surrounding municipalities and you have a huge transit system available just shows that they care more about votes than reality. At a certain point, reality kicks you in the balls. Hopefully that time is now.

Last edited:
Oh, can you cull a business ?
When he said cull herds, I took it he was referring to human lives.

Oh, can you cull a business ?
When he said cull herds, I took it he was referring to human lives.
Culling a lot of businesses is fundamentally simple. Tell them they can't have enough customers to cover their overhead and government won't be filling in the deficit. Boom, gone. I don't know if Kingston has business licences, but I would be strongly contemplating pulling Binh's license if that was a possibility. That one idiot (either dumb, short sighted, greedy or all of the above) caused a train wreck on the local economy. Probably millions lost in knock-on effects.

A friends daycare took on over 600K in debt during this mess so far. They have continued to pay their staff full wage and expect gov't to pick up the tab. F that. Stupid operator, go bankrupt. There was no viable employment for the vast majority of the workers, they should have been punted to EI/CERB immediately. Daycare is a very low margin game, there is no way they will ever be able to cover that debt.

A friends daycare took on over 600K in debt during this mess so far. They have continued to pay their staff full wage and expect gov't to pick up the tab. F that. Stupid operator, go bankrupt. There was no viable employment for the vast majority of the workers, they should have been punted to EI/CERB immediately. Daycare is a very low margin game, there is no way they will ever be able to cover that debt.

Why even open? I know the owners of a daycare and with the limitations on capacity and very low amount of parents wanting to send their children during this, they are still closed. They sent the ones who need care to another further daycare to help their numbers.

If you are losing money, you shouldn't be operating. Not hard to calculate this. How do you get close to even half that number of debt and decide to continue to operate.

Sorry for your friend but I really doubt the govt is bailing them out, they've only announced the 40k loan for small businesses. If your friend took that, then they actually owe the govt after.

I don't get how some people think.

What does this even mean?
They even brought in non-local nail care workers to cover the workload!
Unless you think a Kingston nail salon normally has 10 workers on duty :LOL:

covid_map_03_1200_march31.jpg

They actually plot cases of outbreaks on a map and these are called "hot spots"
geographical areas that appear to have experienced elevated levels of exposure, I didn't make it up.

Last edited:
They even brought in non-local nail care workers to cover the workload!
Unless you think a Kingston nail salon normally has 10 workers on duty :LOL:

covid_map_03_1200_march31.jpg

They actually plot cases of outbreaks on a map and these are called "hot spots"
geographical areas that appear to have experienced elevated levels of exposure, I didn't make it up.
Pretty useless map, hasn't told me which part of Toronto to avoid. I am the dissaapoint.

The US rocket ship is thinking about taking off. They have been hovering around 40-45K cases a day for most of a week. Fauci is warning that unless people start to take it seriously, they are looking at 100 K per day soon.

Baseball still has their heads in their *****. The blue jays want to play in TO and exempt their team and all visiting teams from the 14 day quarantine. As I understand it, so far MLB has been repeated testing 250 players. I'm not sure how they picked that group to test. So far ~10% have tested positive. That sounds amazing. I see no issues with them traveling all over the US and Canada. Nothing could possibly go wrong. /s

Pretty useless map, hasn't told me which part of Toronto to avoid. I am the dissaapoint.
let me google that for you
click on Toronto Neighbourhood Maps

:LOL: kids
and cover your face when you sneeze too! you little rascal

Last edited:
let me google that for you
click on Toronto Neighbourhood Maps

:LOL: kids
and cover your face when you sneeze too! you little rascal
The maps do not necessarily reflect risk of acquiring COVID-19 nor where cases were exposed to the disease.

Oy!

The way I heard it a **** load of dizzy females from an infected part of Toronto went there to have their nails done, because everywhere local was closed.

Got a link for that source?

As it goes against the reports by the Kingston Health unit.

The original source has been linked to the staff.

And no other health units have any cases linked to the Kingston outbreak.

Somebody that had to get tested. Maybe they are being told something different, damned if I know, just makes me need to be that much more careful, Kingston is where I shop when I must.

Well, with any luck, this was their farewell party and AGCO will cancel their liquor license. Idiots.

Wow! If they thought their bottom line was hurting before this, then they could be in for a big surprise. Max. fine is $100k and 1 year in the slam! They probably won't get the max but still won't be a happy result. Not sure if they would have charged just the business or also any knuckle heads they found inside as well. Who wouldn't know that going inside a club/bar to eat & drink is not yet OK?

Wow! If they thought their bottom line was hurting before this, then they could be in for a big surprise. Max. fine is $100k and 1 year in the slam! They probably won't get the max but still won't be a happy result. Not sure if they would have charged just the business or also any knuckle heads they found inside as well. Who wouldn't know that going inside a club/bar to eat & drink is not yet OK?
Haha, it gets better. Part owned by a dragon (Michele Romanow) and her twitter description is " you may have seen me on TV or telling you to #staythefuckhome. " I guess she forgot to add "unless you are coming to my bar". Her net worth is north of 100M, she really needed to open so she could afford to eat.

Just when you think people can't get dumber, some find a way to turn up the dumb.

TUSCALOOSA, Ala. -- Several college students in an Alabama city organized “COVID-19” parties as a contest to see who would get the virus first, officials said.

McKinstry said party organizers purposely invited guests who tested positive for COVID-19. She said the students put money in a pot and whoever got COVID first would get the cash.

The department thought the parties were rumours, but Smith said after some research, officials discovered the parties were real.

A lot of people are disappointed when they test negative / don't have antibodies implying they've already had it. I think some people have reached a point where they'd rather just get it over with so they can stop worrying about catching it. Sorta like parents having chicken pox parties, except you can die.

Last edited:
A lot of people are disappointed when they test negative / don't have antibodies implying they've already had it. I think some people have reached a point where they'd rather just get it over with so they can stop worrying about catching it. Sorta like parents having chicken pox parties, except you can die.
I was contemplating that approach many many pages ago in this thread. The kids have very little contact with their grandparents right now due to Covid and the grandparents aren't young. There is a significant downside to continued isolation and an even bigger downside if we infect the grandparents.

I've ruled it out as an intentional choice as we don't know if there are going to be lasting effects from this. It would suck to find out that this was like polio and you were forever fighting against the damage caused to your body.

Prior to the vaccine being available, chicken pox parties were actually not a bad plan. Allows you to plan for care and more importantly CP is much less of a problem in kids than adults. In that case, intentional infection as a child may actually help your offspring survive over the long run.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom