Coronavirus | Page 254 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Military blowing the lid on ontario ltc/nursing/retirement homes

Hard not to read this and weep

"We found no rules, a lack of staff training and medical equipment and instances of staff reusing syringes on seniors,"
That’s ridiculously. One good thing to come out all of this is I hope that nursing homes are put under a microscope and something is (hopefully) done about it.

Covid19

I miss my grandkids so much, i don't even care if i ride the rest of the year.

Why not go see them? I know you have taken a pretty firm stance of not going out and have held extremely strong in the self isolation thing. We all have to get back to some of the normal things in our lives though.

I’m not suggesting a full blown get together. But to go have a visit on their front lawn or something like that isn’t the end of the world.

I see your posts, you got a lot going on. It might be a good thing to get out and enjoy an afternoon. You deserve it.

Either way I hope you get to see them soon.

Why not go see them? I know you have taken a pretty firm stance of not going out and have held extremely strong in the self isolation thing. We all have to get back to some of the normal things in our lives though.

I’m not suggesting a full blown get together. But to go have a visit on their front lawn or something like that isn’t the end of the world.

I see your posts, you got a lot going on. It might be a good thing to get out and enjoy an afternoon. You deserve it.

Either way I hope you get to see them soon.
We have had visits with them (the 2 in Waterloo) in the backyard and us upstairs with the window open. It's nice to see them. We have a 7 month old in Hamilton that we FaceTime with. Just need to hug them. Lol

We have had visits with them (the 2 in Waterloo) in the backyard and us upstairs with the window open. It's nice to see them. We have a 7 month old in Hamilton that we FaceTime with. Just need to hug them. Lol
Yes it’s tough. I can see it in my parents when they see our kids. We try and go once a week at least and just kind of chill in the yard or front so they can at least see them.
FaceTime is great and all....but it’s just not the same.

I hope you get to hug them soon. I know I miss hanging out with my sister and nieces and nephews.

Last week my grandson Harley wanted to mess around on the phone with the messenger app that makes weird faces.I went along with it and we geeked faces for about 20 minutes.I told him i had to go to make lunch......."Thanks for playing with me Papa,I love you".
Just a nice little story in these tough times.
gKEJQbl.jpg

1590543687701.png

Ontario Minister of Long Term Care Dr. Merrilee Fullerton

this lady here has been around the ltc for 18 or so yrs, you can't tell me she had no clue as to what has and was going on.

View attachment 43276

Ontario Minister of Long Term Care Dr. Merrilee Fullerton

this lady here has been around the ltc for 18 or so yrs, you can't tell me she had no clue as to what has and was going on.
Where does that come from?

i thought she said earlier today on the news
Ok I'll have to check. Let me know if you find it. She used to work at an urgent care clinic that I went to before.

let me know if i'm wrong?
at 22:00 minutes in she says she started as a physician in long term care in the '80s. She must have later went into private practice.
Something I didn't know. I guess she's as old as I am then.

One of the side issues of Covid is the loss of an element of humanity. We can't shake hands. We can't hug. We can't pet someone else's dog. We can't take someone a plate of cookies.

Why is it that all politicians are now on side with fixing the LTC system. seems to be the main speaking point. they all knew what was going on but if it's out of site out of mind.

Why is it that all politicians are now on side with fixing the LTC system. seems to be the main speaking point. they all knew what was going on but if it's out of site out of mind.
The price tag will make your head spin. They needed the open chequebook of covid to take a crack at it. Even better, provincial will try to nationalize long-term care and make it a federal problem.

It's a hug the baby election type thing.So if they are going to fix it.Where does all the money come from?Listening to J Singh on tv right now.Appalling,omg,this has to stop right now.So all these elderly with no money are supposed to pay for the better care how?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom