Coronavirus | Page 124 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did people stop buying japanese products after ww2?

Latest on the Zaandam mess. Salvation for some, hell for others.

The U.S. Coast Guard has directed all cruise ships to remain at sea where they may be sequestered “indefinitely” during the coronavirus pandemic, but Trump said Canada is coming to get the Canadians from the MS Zaandam and its sister ship the Rotterdam.

“We're taking the Canadians off and giving them to Canadian authorities. They're going to bring them back home,” Trump said at his daily press briefing on Wednesday.

Trump said the same is true for citizens of the United Kingdom on the ships.

The president said states have been reluctant to take cruise guests, but he feels the U.S. is obligated to help. He said at a minimum, the U.S. will send medical teams on board.

According to the U.S. Coast Guard, cruise ships must also be prepared to send any severely ill passengers to the countries where the vessels are registered.

The rules, which apply to any vessel carrying more than 50 people, were issued in a March 29 safety bulletin signed by Coast Guard Rear Admiral E.C. Jones

More than two dozen cruise ships are either lined up at Port Miami and Port Everglades or waiting offshore, the Miami Herald reported. Most have only crew aboard, but several still carry passengers and are steaming toward ports in southern Florida. Carnival notified the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission on Tuesday that it has more than 6,000 passengers still at sea.

Japan wasn't a significant factor in the world economy prior to WWII. But I understand your point ... and a generation of people after WWII did resist buying Japanese products after they came onto the market.

Japan is a different place today than it was before WWII. It's been a different place for decades, than it was before WWII.

Another pertinent example is Germany - and aside from the inevitable and unfortunate minority factions, it is also a different place than it was before WWII. My parents lived in a country that was invaded by Germany during WWII and they lived through that. My dad refused to buy anything German until decades later, when I bought a Volkswagen, and he ended up liking it, and bought one himself ...

Some of the Chinese hate is manufactured in the West. There’s a very interesting story about one of the frontline anti-malarial drugs of today that originated from traditional Chinese medicine and was used for decades in China before the West caught on. The west thought nothing good could come from a communist system and ignored Chinese science on the subject for years. Meanwhile thousands died from malaria as a result.

I think you know the story....but I'm bored

the communist revolution in China instantly flipped western alliances in 1949
Japan who had been the enemy become an overnight ally against the now communist enemy

so we had close diplomatic relations that turned into commerce

^ yup, terrible situation

the result of a very quick and thorough nationwide lock down
15 hours/day there is zero activity allowed
this includes mortuary services and the bureaucracy of a death documentation

Ontario not tight enough ~ Ecuador too tight
I have friends in Cuenca - gringos, they are sh1tting bricks

However, according to the latest WHO situation report #72 dated today here are only 75 deaths in Ecuador...so...who(no pun intended) is telling the truth?

I was watching Fall Cabal on YouTube, and she's got some interesting conspiracy theories about all of this.

I was speaking with an ER nurse in Milton and she said the hospital is dead (again, no pun intended) that there isn't much of anything going on...same from a doc at one of the Toronto hospitals that was on The Agenda today.

Food for thought.

yup, the WHO stats are driven by what is reported to them
people in Guayaquil (EC's largest city) are getting sick and dying in their homes
bodies sit there with no official cause of death = no stat
they might never actually get counted against the Covid total
no point in testing a rotten corpse

However, according to the latest WHO situation report #72 dated today here are only 75 deaths in Ecuador...so...who(no pun intended) is telling the truth?

I was watching Fall Cabal on YouTube, and she's got some interesting conspiracy theories about all of this.

I was speaking with an ER nurse in Milton and she said the hospital is dead (again, no pun intended) that there isn't much of anything going on...same from a doc at one of the Toronto hospitals that was on The Agenda today.

Food for thought.
If you look at Ontario provincial totals vs sum of local health unit totals, the provincial totals are way lower. And this is here with some transparency. Apparently they aren't even bothering to test nursing home residents once they have an outbreak declared. Will they show up in stats as there is no confirmation?

Yep I saw that but only play the lottery. They had a $10 bonus promo if you bought $15 in lottery so I took advantage of that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Do you need a promo code for that?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Joe, you use promo code “lotto”.

85b19cee9db2776f87287c806120be25.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@ifiddles , most Ontario ER's are the same right now, very quiet. People are treating Emergency like its was designed, not a walk in clinic. Less traffic= less accidents, less construction=less accidents , less kids out and about...
it's a good thing, sort of.

I would hazard to guess less stabbings and shootings in the ER these days as well.

In other news, we had three wild turkeys in our front yard today, wildlife taking back the mega city...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom