Coronavirus | Page 120 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Masks protect everyone else from you and if people have it and are showing no symptoms there could be value in public.

They do a very poor job of protecting the wearer from everyone else, still have eyes and ears, still touching your face, it is small enough to be pulled through the mask.

We have severe shortages, people wearing them just put more pressure on the supply chain.

If you are worried, just wear your full face everywhere, visor down.

Masks protect everyone else from you and if people have it and are showing no symptoms there could be value in public.

They do a very poor job of protecting the wearer from everyone else, still have eyes and ears, still touching your face, it is small enough to be pulled through the mask.

We have severe shortages, people wearing them just put more pressure on the supply chain.

If you are worried, just wear your full face everywhere, visor down.
Just don't go everywhere. STAY HOME and then masks aren't needed.

Just don't go everywhere. STAY HOME and then masks aren't needed.

Well, it is not PC for the powers that be to say this but they need spread, the question is rate. Scientifically, herd immunity is required until a vaccine is ready. If everything was totally locked down that does not happen, once everyone goes back out BOOM... reading between the lines, the measures are about controlling rates, not totally preventing infection, that is why they escalate as the rates climb. The words are always "slow" "flatten the curve" etc.

Best is to follow the recommendations and rules to allow the rates to be controlled. Most people will need to go out at some point or they will starve in their homes. No one wants it BTW.

Freaking out about people BYOB drinking while practising physical distancing in front yards is totally missing the point...

Last edited:
Ruh-roh ......this looks like it’s not going to turn out very well....

Coronavirus: US Navy captain pleads for help over outbreak US Navy captain pleads for help over outbreak

ML6Ti38.jpg

Coronavirus: US Navy captain pleads for help over outbreak US Navy captain pleads for help over outbreak
At least they in Guam. There is a relief valve if the brass allows it. If they were a week from anywhere, there would be almost no point. Although they are probably worried about kju launching something while they are all off the boat and sick. Maybe all of his duds were just to make you think he didnt have long range capability.

Freaking out about people BYOB drinking while practising physical distancing in front yards is totally missing the point...
I dont think it is. It is quite clearly established that our healthcare system has a huge shortage of critical equipment (PPE and ventilators). They are working on getting more but that takes time. Yes, you want a gradual community spread but that has to happen after you are ready or many people die that might not have. Even under complete lockdown, you have enough idiots that healthcare still may not be able to spool up fast enough.

Well, it is not PC for the powers to be to say this but they need spread, the question is rate. Scientifically, herd immunity is required until a vaccine is ready. If everything was totally locked down that does not happen, once everyone goes back out BOOM... reading between the lines, the measures are about controlling rates, not totally preventing infection, that is why they escalate as the rates climb. The words are always "slow" "flatten the curve" etc.

Best is to follow the recommendations and rules to allow the rates to be controlled. Most people will need to go out at some point or they will starve in their homes. No one wants it BTW.

I don't disagree with you. But for the most part, people are stupid. Home Depot and the LCBO are booming. The first rule is... Stay HOME. Second rule should be stay home.

I don't disagree with you. But for the most part, people are stupid. Home Depot and the LCBO are booming. The first rule is... Stay HOME. Second rule should be stay home.

I went out for the first time today after a 2 week quarantine. I did go to the LCBO but bought enough that I shouldn’t have to go again for 2-3 weeks. The key is to limit the number of excursions that are deemed necessary.

LCBO to me is necessary as you haven’t seen my missus after a day of work with no Chardonnay in the fridge.

I just bought my lotto max tickets online for the first time...from home

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Playolg.ca look up promo codes for funding. They have super sketchy things setup to promote gambling but it works. Something along the lines of 100% match for the first $100 deposited, 50% match for the second $100, 25% match on the third $100 .

Playolg.ca look up promo codes for funding. They have super sketchy things setup to promote gambling but it works. Something along the lines of 100% match for the first $100 deposited, 50% match for the second $100, 25% match on the third $100 .

Yep I saw that but only play the lottery. They had a $10 bonus promo if you bought $15 in lottery so I took advantage of that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My next door neighbour just passed from the virus - he was 80. Scary close.
I went out for the first time today after a 2 week quarantine. I did go to the LCBO but bought enough that I shouldn’t have to go again for 2-3 weeks. The key is to limit the number of excursions that are deemed necessary.

LCBO to me is necessary as you haven’t seen my missus after a day of work with no Chardonnay in the fridge.
I have the same problem except my missus runs on Merlot.

Trump and his team are saying expect 100,000 to 200,000 deaths in the US from COVID. I know they are doing poorly but are those numbers real or are they just padding them so when 50,000 die they can say look at the great job.... They still seem very high to me???

Some other numbers....

US to Canada population 8.7:1
US to Canada COVID infections 22:1
US to Canada COVID deaths 36:1

Interesting numbers given the geographic and other similarities between the two countries....

Who wants to bet they don't have the same problem finding a place to dock as those last few cruise ships still at sea being refused at every port they try to dock at...including freakin' Florida.

Anyhow, on another note....been back to work for 2 days now...which is not an entirely great situation for a variety of reasons, but alas...

What's stuck me most is the sheer number of companies out there that are still running that honestly should not be. I won't get into any specifics, but some of them are complete and utter headshakers. People would be blown away. Others are operating on extremely tenuous connections as "essential services"....IE "We once sold a widget to a construction company and they might call again some day, therefore we are operating under the construction company allowance". Meanwhile they make/supply/produce the most insanely non essential products in the meantime and have a bunch of their staff there working away.

Until there's actually some teeth (IE, fines) and enforcement to forcibly close down businesses operating that shouldn't be....IMHO we are wasting our time with these efforts. The businesses that ARE doing the right thing are losing out to others that are simply ignoring things, and eventually this will lead to more and more companies just doing the same and reopening the doors.

Trump and his team are saying expect 100,000 to 200,000 deaths in the US from COVID. I know they are doing poorly but are those numbers real or are they just padding them so when 50,000 die they can say look at the great job.... They still seem very high to me???

Some other numbers....

US to Canada population 8.7:1
US to Canada COVID infections 22:1
US to Canada COVID deaths 36:1

Interesting numbers given the geographic and other similarities between the two countries....
Do you believe anything Trump says? Ok then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom