Coronavirus | Page 119 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure how I missed the proposed merger of Air Transat with Air Canada. That would be terrible for consumers. If it’s the only way one survives from the mess then fine but otherwise......crap.
Word on the street is rouge may never fly again. Transat could be ac discount brand. Now if airlines starting failing, will transat deal go through?

You're not serious are you? I'm confused about the context or intention of your msg lol
Doesn't matter what I think, just pointing out how an older person would view it. lol you will figure it out some day, when you are old.

I think he is referring to the air pollution in major cities in China and people wearing masks to protect themselves from that... so masks are more common. If so it seems pretty straight forward to me...
Bingo

I seen this as a world wide medical emergency from the beginning, not a political thing, not a racial thing and not even a specific species thing.

I think he is referring to the air pollution in major cities in China and people wearing masks to protect themselves from that... so masks are more common. If so it seems pretty straight forward to me...

The reason why I didn't understand him is because I've been in Hong Kong, Thailand, and Taiwan during 2019 and people don't regularly wear masks. There are some odd balls but they're used as a fashion statement by teens in that sense lol

I made a comment a few pages back about ignorance due to being uncultured; this kind of assumption is a damn good example. And the comment @Trials quoted wasn't specific to China...it was about Asian countries and cities (Vietnam, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Japan, and South Korea.)

Ok, let's back up here and revisit your post I'm confused about the context or intention of your msg

I've found the community on 9gag to be surprisingly level headed with a multitude of differing opinions; I suppose it's due to 9gag being worldwide and the target audience does not consist mostly of boomers. So if anyone wants a different perspective, check out the discussion (some of it is cancerous, but it's less of an echo-chamber than here or Reddit.)

Somebody actually had a great idea....sanction China, and also find ways to punish Western governments for failing their citizens.

This also really struck a chord for me:
"The thing is also the individualistic mentality is not very good when dealing with combined effort.

In Asian countries people wear masks because they understand that they could be sick without knowing it and want to protect others. If EVERYONE wears a mask, everyone is also a bit safer because of that. So you get large portions of the population using mask there even if not mnadated, which helps contain it because people want to protect society.

In Germany, the Netherlands the UK and so on if you wear a mask people will ridicule you and make fun of you, so even those who wanted to wear mask and would have protected others will now also stop wearing it and spread it asymptomatically.

It is the "me me me" part of society really. "

So if it got to be so bad in China, and given the fact that many residents were already wearing masks...you start to understand the terrible infection and death rates in other densely populated cities around the world where masks were never part of everyday life.

It’s very very sad.

Without prejudice, if you get an opportunity, google “60 Minutes Australia Coronavirus” and watch the two main videos.

b0835dbfb08658cfe2354f9d7ef7f994.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, let's back up here and revisit your post I'm confused about the context or intention of your msg

Simple. I'm pointing out that there's a feedback loop here consisting of an older generation (aka. boomers) lacking the multicultural viewpoints necessary to have a critical discussion. Not everyone here is like this obviously, and I know there are some boomers that are educated and cultured, just as how there are gen z and millennial that are uncultured and uneducated.

The audience on 9gag is more evenly split and provides multiple angles to understand the problem and therefore possible solutions because the posters are not all Canadians or Americans; they're worldwide.

My hope was that providing a link where a multi-cultural perspective discussion exists could help educate the uncultured. You're proving me very wrong so far.

once you have Covid would you be considered cultured?

Badump bump......

If it actually came from that cute ant eater animal then I guess you'd have evolved beyond being cultured lol

Simple. I'm pointing out that there's a feedback loop here consisting of an older generation (aka. boomers) lacking the multicultural viewpoints necessary to have a critical discussion. Not everyone here is like this obviously, and I know there are some boomers that are educated and cultured, just as how there are gen z and millennial that are uncultured and uneducated.

The audience on 9gag is more evenly split and provides multiple angles to understand the problem and therefore possible solutions because the posters are not all Canadians or Americans; they're worldwide.

My hope was that providing a link where a multi-cultural perspective discussion exists could help educate the uncultured. You're proving me very wrong so far.
What does Any of that have to do with the pandemic?
Your entire post is political and bias and you are grouping people into colours and ages and
"older generation (aka. boomers) lacking the multicultural viewpoints" omg How would you know anything about boomers?
:ROFLMAO: if I am uncultured and uneducated then you are a childlike import.

I resent the boomer label.

Apologies. The label was just something the gen z and millennials came up with because they got fed up with being dissed by...well, you know lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom