Coronavirus | Page 24 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought a bidet seat off Amazon for $40. Plenty left. I’m not lining up with pikeys hoarding the pooh paper. Also there’s plenty of bog roll here in Costa Rica ..maybe I should bring some back duty free.

If you’re taking a taxi/uber home, make sure you take the tp out of the vehicle first, then the luggage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TUGGPI6l.jpg

Well, I alongside over 30+ people just got canned at work as the company closed indefinitely. All top 3 Exhibit, trade show and marketing companies are now closed too in Canada, most probably not re-opening till Fall or later
Crappy deal Scorpion. I am guessing this is related to TSS finally deciding to throw in the towel. Time to post in the "laid off GTAM members looking out" thread with your skills and roles that you would be suited for. The hiring environment right now will suck, but there are lots of employers here, you may get lucky.

The kids daycare laid off all of their staff today as they are closing for three weeks. They were obviously not happy with that decision, but there are no margins on a daycare operation to float them.

EDIT:
Either ironically, or it was targeted, but just above your post is an ad for the Spring motorcycle show on April 4-5. I don't see that one happening either.

Well, I alongside over 30+ people just got canned at work as the company closed indefinitely. All top 3 Exhibit, trade show and marketing companies are now closed too in Canada, most probably not re-opening till Fall or later
Sorry to hear... I am also facing my own similar situation, but self employed. I work in the events industry and the past few days I have had clients calling me to cancel bookings happening in the next couple of weeks. Just waiting for the rest to call an cancel, I am expecting all my bookings to be cancelled through to end of April, then hoping this situation gets contained. One client mentioned this situation might take a whole year to recover from....I saw Dr Oz say the same thing on Jimmy Fallon last night, which would be terrible.

One client mentioned this situation might take a whole year to recover from....I saw Dr Oz say the same thing on Jimmy Fallon last night, which would be terrible.
Absolutely it will.

GP Bikes is hiring, i'm thinking the powersports industry might have a little rebound this year.

GP Bikes is hiring, i'm thinking the powersports industry might have a little rebound this year.
Why? It's good to see them hiring, but this is negatively impacting almost every business I know. Businesses having less money translates into staff having less money. Staff having less money is bad for the toy budget.

It's about containment. You don't let new carriers arrive and infect even more regions. Screen and test all citizens that return and then you can triage the current situation and wait it out.
You can't contain something that is already here!
Now you have them screening people because they are traveling and potentially reintroducing them to a population that you have no idea about.

Look at the news, you might test negative and your wife might test positive like the P.M, now what are you going to do?
Triage is not a problem, the sick ones are going to be the ones that are down for the count and the rest become care givers at risk.
Eradicating the virus requires we all stay healthy and not continue to provide the nasty thing a great place to thrive and multiply,
and It probably lives in the lungs of living things because that is how it is killing people, but we really have no idea how well it travels, for all we know it might be carried on trade winds and has circled the globe several times by now!

Everybody stay healthy for a while

^^ This.

This is why Canada's approach of "social distancing" is a good one. It's too late to stop it from getting here, but some simple tactics can stop it from spreading...which is the key at this point.

Myself....still at work, and in the short term, it's been busy - all that stuff people are hoarding needs to get to the stores somehow of course. Will it last? Hard to say.

Why? It's good to see them hiring, but this is negatively impacting almost every business I know. Businesses having less money translates into staff having less money. Staff having less money is bad for the toy budget.

A recession usually means a buyer's market. People that have been prudent with their money and have cash savings will continue to be prudent and shop bargains. Bottom feeders will do well.

Insurance could soar. The insurers invest the premiums and if the investments tank they need higher premiums. It sucks but it's the story that has brought us to where we are.

This has been a massive corona instigated, tsunami like correction and the boat hasn't stopped rocking. The USA has yet to deal with the reality of COVID-19 so it's too early to party.

Hopefully there will be a steady upswing to the market but COVID is still out there and IMO not peaked in North America.

If a sales job is commission only it could be the worst job in the country. What is the commission on an average $10K new bike?

How many does a person have to sell in a week to make a living wage?

Last edited:
Why? I don’t think overseas travel with be a big thing for summer. Most will be vacationing in Ontario. I am not expecting an apocalypse.

Royal Botanical Gardens has closed due to COVID. Not only the buildings but also the trails.

Lake Ontario may be high again and there's the possibility of the Toronto Islands being off limits again.

Summer activities could be limited to back yard gardening.

Royal Botanical Gardens has closed due to COVID. Not only the buildings but also the trails.

Lake Ontario may be high again and there's the possibility of the Toronto Islands being off limits again.

Summer activities could be limited to back yard gardening.

Go email Jerry @ GP Bikes then.

Maybe he has the same outlook as me. I would think he's fairly sharp business wise, and he's not hiring people just for the sake of it.

My cruise in June was just crap canned, Canada will not be allowing cruise ships to dock until July now.
And our insurance provider has told us " if you leave Canada and travel to a location Canada health and Safety has deemed unsafe, which is everywhere right now, you are uninsured", still covered by two other policies but...

Wife works in a hospital, her job is pretty secure......

Somebody spread this around a little. Trying to keep everyone home so I can have a nice quiet Sunday ride with the road to myself.

1584193485964.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom