Coronavirus | Page 520 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
My cousin went skiing this week-end to, blue, but he posted something on FB after he heard a gov message about not travelling between regions. Yet someone can go down to Florida whatever and bring back these variants. I understand we do want to stop the spread locally etc, but why keep allowing it to enter the country in the first place. Doesn't make sense.

My cousin went skiing this week-end to, blue, but he posted something on FB after he heard a gov message about not travelling between regions. Yet someone can go down to Florida whatever and bring back these variants. I understand we do want to stop the spread locally etc, but why keep allowing it to enter the country in the first place. Doesn't make sense.
Was listening to 680 this morning and so many people were complaining about the quarantine hotels. FML. You don’t want to go and pay for the hotel....easy....don’t travel internationally. Such a simple solution to a non problem.

Was listening to 680 this morning and so many people were complaining about the quarantine hotels. FML. You don’t want to go and pay for the hotel....easy....don’t travel internationally. Such a simple solution to a non problem.
And they are only ~$1000 all in for a single person, presumably not double that for two. I'm with you.

My SIL just drove over again to say goodbye to her mom and will drive back in a few days. No quarantine hotel required. Then she will live in her house with her kids for two weeks to quarantine while they go to school every day. Facepalm.

Blue ski hills were absolutely nuts this weekend! never seen it this busy
I’m sure everyone there was from the local community.....I had to go clear cottage due to snow build up and HWY26 to Collingwood was super busy.

Blue ski hills were absolutely nuts this weekend! never seen it this busy
I am sure it was, with the pent up frustration of not being able to enjoy it. I thought about it and it's mid way already through the season why bother at this point, just wait a bit more for moto season to start :)

Bil lives in Collingwood area. He says everywhere is packed with people now. Grey Bruce has really had very little covid, but it will now.

Bil lives in Collingwood area. He says everywhere is packed with people now. Grey Bruce has really had very little covid, but it will now.
Similar to York and Halton. Good luck keeping people away across the street.

Especially when there has been no attempt at keeping people in their region. It is very very clear by this point that some special snowflakes will always choose their own desires above those of the population at large. Another gov't failure.
I’m sure The ski hill in Milton was full also. Glen Eden I believe. Bunch of my friends said they’re going. We chilled at home and took the kids to Erindale for some sledding before the crowds hit. Place was rammed as we were driving out. Toddlers are happy with the little hills so no need to crowd on the one big hill.

Charter of Rights guarantees your right to enter and leave Canada.

Yeah yeah, I get that is technically the reason, but isn't this an extreme enough situation where the rules need to be adjusted. ?‍♂️

Yeah yeah, I get that is technically the reason, but isn't this an extreme enough situation where the rules need to be adjusted. ?‍♂️
It's almost impossible to completely suspend charter rights. Mandatory 14 day quarantine like has been successfully implemented in other commonwealth countries seems like a reasonable compromise. A clean test at the end of 14 days catches the overwhelming majority of cases.

Politicians have a problem with understanding partial problems and solutions.

Being a little bit pregnant

Putting a forest fire almost out

Almost washing a dish

Getting most of the dirt out of a wound

Almost passing a medical exam

"We're quarantining at home. We're hardly going anywhere."

It's almost impossible to completely suspend charter rights. Mandatory 14 day quarantine like has been successfully implemented in other commonwealth countries seems like a reasonable compromise. A clean test at the end of 14 days catches the overwhelming majority of cases.
Glad they implemented that, a year late... :rolleyes:
No point bashing the gov any more then we have,

Can't wait for moto season to start to get out and enjoy, instead of waiting around for nothing

Trudeau senior proclaimed the war measures act. While I have reservations about some of PET's goals I have no reservations about Justin's because he has none.

Nope. The rights are there to protect all of us from a government arbitrarily deciding exactly this. If we get into having rights given and taken away at will it can only end badly.
The hotel quarantine is an example of what a government could do to dissuade you from exercising said right.

Last edited:
Agreed. The quarantine isn’t infringing on your right to travel. It just makes it more difficult and if the reason is actually necessary, you should be able to argue the reason and get a refund.

‘I need a break and can’t handle being in the cold any longer’ is NOT an essential reason to travel.

‘My family member died and I wanted to go to the funeral.’ COULD be an essential reason for you.

‘My property burned down and I needed to sign documents in person.’ IS an essential reason to travel. To me. Court could say different.

Nope. The rights are there to protect all of us from a government arbitrarily deciding exactly this. If we get into having rights given and taken away at will it can only end badly.
The hotel quarantine is an example of what a government could sue to dissuade you from exercising said right.
Yeah I know that is a very dangerous slippery slope to impact TCR, I guess I am just feeling frustrated that our gov is incompetent with it's handling of this situation, and this is going to be another year to be written off.

Also seeing @MacDoc posts of enjoying downunder doesn't help. ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom