Coronavirus | Page 444 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure let me answer one by one for you...

1. Sure did. But once again, you fail to convince me that these restrictions are a route to fascist/communist tendencies in Canada. In addition, please remember that communism entered the country once WWII was over and the country got split in half b/w the East and West. East had communism, West didn't. The people did NOT have a choice in becoming a communist country. It was thrust upon them and if you didn't toe the line, you disappeared. Maybe Germany had a choice in moving to fascism....Poland didn't.

2. It could always be worse. I can't speak for Africa as per your example because I've never been to Africa, don't plan on going to Africa, and have no need to go to Africa. I've seen the slums in India and those are 100x worse than any condition I can imagine here. But I didn't experience it outside of a casual drive by. Just like people, there are those better off than we are, and worse off than we are.

3. Each and every one of those things I did were within the guidelines. Cottage is iffy...but I justify it to myself as not contacting anyone outside of the property and keeping to ourselves while up there. If Doug can go to his cottage, then I guess so can I? I picked up materials when the stores were open, I went tobogganing when the hills were allowed...what's your point? Home Depot is closed, I haven't bought anything new. If I needed it, I'll follow the guidelines. Easy.

As for the curfew, yes it'll suck once it gets here. But you know what, I'll stick to it when it does. So far no curfew, but if it comes, I'll ***** and complain about it....but stick to it.

1. Not necessarily the measures themselves, but the train of thought behind it. We have people on here begging the government to institute curfews, and it just seems disproportional to me. Also yes I understand Poland had no choice, I was speaking more about the dawn of Soviet communism than Poland specifically.

3. Fair, perhaps I jumped the gun because looking back on it now you weren't the one acting as if going outside was a capital offense. Apologies.

to be fair, how do you know?
Balance of probability. I guess we could go down the road of "no one really knows anything for certain" but I don't really see the point in that.

The default is not to have COVID, you cannot assume everyone has it and make them prove otherwise because the numbers do not support that. 200k cases for all of Ontario is about 1.4% of the total population infected. Even if you assume an undocumented case rate of 200%, that's still under 5% of the general population. And that's over the entire pandemic, the number of people who have it now is a small fraction of that.
I'll bet this is exactly what the people who infected everyone else thought.

1. Not necessarily the measures themselves, but the train of thought behind it. We have people on here begging the government to institute curfews, and it just seems disproportional to me. Also yes I understand Poland had no choice, I was speaking more about the dawn of Soviet communism than Poland specifically.

3. Fair, perhaps I jumped the gun because looking back on it now you weren't the one acting as if going outside was a capital offense. Apologies.

Balance of probability. I guess we could go down the road of "no one really knows anything for certain" but I don't really see the point in that.
If you excuse me I’m going to go for my walk. And if a curfew comes....I have camo pants and sneakers....for sneaking!

Just follow the guidelines ffs. This isn't getting better!
Found it tonite my good friend and his wife in South Carolina have covid. He works in a manufacturing plant where half the employees are sick and brought it home. They have no lockdown there.

If you excuse me I’m going to go for my walk. And if a curfew comes....I have camo pants and sneakers....for sneaking!

Dd45yJqU0AER_WO.jpg

indeed this is the point, at the moment no one does know. I'm not saying listen to big brother and hide in your basement, just exercise some caution (not saying you are not).

The farmer across the road was selling his chainsaw and was surprised that I knew how to start it. It's a heavy beast but it runs well.
Wait until you first try to start one of the easy start ones.

Just follow the guidelines ffs. This isn't getting better!
Found it tonite my good friend and his wife in South Carolina have covid. He works in a manufacturing plant where half the employees are sick and brought it home. They have no lockdown there.
67248038.jpg

Wouldn't be the first time.

don't you split it too :unsure:
Yep, grew up with a wood stove for the only heat, running water was you had to run to get it

Best time to split is when there’s frost in the wood

Daughters boyfriend is looking for a cheap log splitter. Anyone got one for sale?

Apple Watch says 5.03km was the distance I made....I don’t believe it. Beautiful evening for a walk. And the mask makes breathing easier with warmer air.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom