Coronavirus | Page 441 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Be a good citizen " follow the rules " . Don't ask questions . Just "follow the rules " . If you want to walk it's only safe at Walmart and Costco . Home depot and Canadian Tire are to dangerous that's why they are closed . As are the empty streets at night in your neighborhood .
This is what drives me bonkers. Essential should be essential.

if I want to get a video game (again I’m NOT!) and can go do it at Walmart...why not at BB that has just as much space and can control the amount of people coming and going?

I’m working downtown today and 6 out of every ten people i see has no mask on
I'm a postie...
When I'm on my route without anyone around, it's mask off... otherwise my glasses fog up and I can't see ice etc.
When someone is approaching me, I flip my mask on, or, take about 3-4 steps off the sidewalk into a driveway and wait for them to pass.

I would say about 4/5 people either mask up or step onto the street to avoid close proximity.
Maybe just a difference from wherever you're at and Waterloo..

I’m working downtown today and 6 out of every ten people i see has no mask on

I'm curious - are we required to wear a mask when going outside for a walk at the park or on the pavements?
What about while filling up at gas stations? (I remember WIngboy mentioning someone scolded him for this?)

I'm curious - are we required to wear a mask when going outside for a walk at the park or on the pavements?
What about while filling up at gas stations? (I remember WIngboy mentioning someone scolded him for this?)
whenever you cannot achieve appropriate physical distancing or are indoors, it's required.

The current recommendation is to wear a mask outside if you cannot maintain 2 metres physical distance. So, most of the time, no need.

Back to first principles. Viruses pass from one person to another by an infected person breathing it out and another person breathing it in. If there is ample dilution, that's exceptionally unlikely to happen. Ample dilution happens outside unless you are crowded together. Ample dilution happens inside if there is good ventilation relative to the number of people present. If you're spending extended periods of time too close to an infected person without adequate dilution, you're going to get exposed, and the amount of virus that person emits is affected by speaking, singing, coughing, sneezing etc and whether they have a mask on (and how good that mask is). That's the thing you fundamentally have to avoid.

But lots of people can't think through that ... hence ... rules ... and shutdowns of certain activities that are prone to leading to those circumstances existing.

But you can't shut everything down ... so there's a risk calculation that has to be done.

I had a dentist appointment today. Unavoidable. Had to be done. And my dentist is in Peel Region. They're doing the best they can. After basic X-ray diagnosis revealed that the situation need not be taken care of right this moment (for the moment, I can deal with it) we agreed to revisit this if it either gets worse to the point that I can't deal with it, or after the coronavirus settles down ... at the moment, I don't want to spend any more time in that situation than I absolutely have to. Risk management.

The current recommendation is to wear a mask outside if you cannot maintain 2 metres physical distance. So, most of the time, no need.

Back to first principles. Viruses pass from one person to another by an infected person breathing it out and another person breathing it in. If there is ample dilution, that's exceptionally unlikely to happen. Ample dilution happens outside unless you are crowded together. Ample dilution happens inside if there is good ventilation relative to the number of people present. If you're spending extended periods of time too close to an infected person without adequate dilution, you're going to get exposed, and the amount of virus that person emits is affected by speaking, singing, coughing, sneezing etc and whether they have a mask on (and how good that mask is). That's the thing you fundamentally have to avoid.

But lots of people can't think through that ... hence ... rules ... and shutdowns of certain activities that are prone to leading to those circumstances existing.

But you can't shut everything down ... so there's a risk calculation that has to be done.

I had a dentist appointment today. Unavoidable. Had to be done. And my dentist is in Peel Region. They're doing the best they can. After basic X-ray diagnosis revealed that the situation need not be taken care of right this moment (for the moment, I can deal with it) we agreed to revisit this if it either gets worse to the point that I can't deal with it, or after the coronavirus settles down ... at the moment, I don't want to spend any more time in that situation than I absolutely have to. Risk management.
someone i know who got it is convinced it was from a dentist visit.

I'm a postie...
When I'm on my route without anyone around, it's mask off... otherwise my glasses fog up and I can't see ice etc.
When someone is approaching me, I flip my mask on, or, take about 3-4 steps off the sidewalk into a driveway and wait for them to pass.

I would say about 4/5 people either mask up or step onto the street to avoid close proximity.
Maybe just a difference from wherever you're at and Waterloo..

Of course people avoid you, you know that posties are carriers, right?

someone i know who got it is convinced it was from a dentist visit.
It's a risky place. Lots of people in close proximity by necessity and aerosolized saliva. Probably riskier for the staff than the patients but still not ideal. I went once during the pandemic as I had an issue that couldn't wait. I don't plan on going again until this is cleaned up unless it is an emergency.

The premise is exactly the same -- removing of fundamental rights based on something that someone may/may not have done. I don't have COVID, why is me going for an evening walk at 10PM suddenly illegal?

If you have to ask the question you wouldn't understand the answer.

Our fundamental rights are always subject to laws. We have the right to freedom of travel in Canada but it is illegal to go through a red light, even when there is no cross traffic.

I still don’t know why China is off the hook for this

They should be in the news every day in a negative light

"Only 3,500 cases and 89 deaths out of 14M from a communicable disease yesterday. I should have the inalienable right to go out drinking tonight if I want."

Some of y'all must have thought those crayons looked like mighty good eating in Kindergarten.

"Only 3,500 cases and 89 deaths out of 14M from a communicable disease yesterday. I should have the inalienable right to go out drinking tonight if I want."

Some of y'all must have thought those crayons looked like mighty good eating in Kindergarten.
I don’t think anyone is disputing what you’re saying or the point you’re making

I feel it’s more of the way the government has handled the whole situation

I don’t think anyone is disputing what you’re saying or the point you’re making

I feel it’s more of the way the government has handled the whole situation
What do you think should have been done differently?

I think lock downs should have came sooner,
And maybe enforced to a tighter bubble
Travel should have been limited to true essential instead of flip flop

So many things could have been done differently.

I’m not the expert, but the so called experts seemed to have failed at the path they’ve chosen to deal with this crap

I'd like to see the prick fired from the $600K job running hospitals. Maybe feeling like a restaurant employee is fitting.
He gone .

Edit:

Here's his contract

If terminated without cause, he gets two years pay.

Cause can be:

A material breach of the provisions of the contract.
Gross neglect or duty.
Disregard or disobedience of any reasonable resolution of the board.
Any wilful act of dishonesty or neglect in performing duties
Conviction of an indictable criminal offence

They have not said if he was terminated or resigned so he probably got a seven figure parting gift from us.

EDIT 2:
In an absolute dick move, once light was shone on this St Joe's pulled the contract, the link is now dead. Let no light fall on the darkness.

Last edited:
The government wasn't put in place to babysit their constituents.

The government wasn't put in place to babysit their constituents.
The are put in place to make sound decisions, in saying that they failed

For the most part i think they feel if we throw enough crap at the wall some of it will stick

Doug Ford after 2yrs still has no clue at the provincial level of government

He comes on and spews everything he believes is going to help because he team tells him that.

The chief medical officer on his team has been criticized by many in the medical field

Same with the one holding the LTC file

She has been around LTC for 20 years.
Let me know when she has success with that one

Last edited:
If terminated without cause, he gets two years pay.
Told you not to worry about the sheep, he's making better money now then when he had the job and he's still 100% employable. Cost to kick him out today is 2 years salary plus the cost to hire the next Dr. on top of that, they won't be leaving that position vacant.

Told you not to worry about the sheep, he's making better money now then when he had the job and he's still 100% employable. Cost to kick him out today is 2 years salary plus the cost to hire the next Dr. on top of that, they won't be leaving that position vacant.
There is probably no clear path for firing with cause. There are some grey areas that might be used. Did the board pass a resolution that employees should follow public health recommendations? Someone approved his out of country vacation though, which probably means at least part of the board. Whoever approved it should also be terminated. We are trying to clear out the idiots here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom