Coronavirus | Page 404 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know some people in development that spent their entire career working on a single parcel of land. When that parcel was fully developed, they retired.

I knew an engineer that got out of petro chemical for that reason. From "We should build a refinery somewhere" to turning on the taps would have meant only working on one or two projects in a lifetime. It was too narrow a concept for him.

"The federal government says that the chances of someone experiencing a truly serious adverse reaction after vaccination are 'extremely rare — less than one in a million.'"
Is this somebody's educated guess? :unsure: or just wishful thinking.

Thalidomide was a good example of a bad guess. (easy to understand why some are gun shy)

I had a discussion on that type of problem with Mimico Polak a few days ago. Everyone says don't worry, it'll be fine. Then you pull out a pen asking someone to sign off on it, taking the responsibility. Everyone puts their hands in their pockets as they look at the sky.

I had a discussion on that type of problem with Mimico Polak a few days ago. Everyone says don't worry, it'll be fine. Then you pull out a pen asking someone to sign off on it, taking the responsibility. Everyone puts their hands in their pockets as they look at the sky.
Hahaha yup! My current job is a project based again, lots of consultants, lots of opinions, and when you ask for a decision....everyone f$@ks off pretty quick.

Every job/project I've been on is the same, everyone bitches and complains about decisions made, but when you remind them that THEY were the leading factor for the decision, it's deflect deflect deflect. Last job in BC is a perfect example. Experts all around sucking one another off and making decisions without knowing what's actually going on. Then it all goes sideways and shockingly it's on me (with literally the least amount of say) that is responsible for fixing it. F that.

Hahaha yup! My current job is a project based again, lots of consultants, lots of opinions, and when you ask for a decision....everyone f$@ks off pretty quick.

Every job/project I've been on is the same, everyone bitches and complains about decisions made, but when you remind them that THEY were the leading factor for the decision, it's deflect deflect deflect. Last job in BC is a perfect example. Experts all around sucking one another off and making decisions without knowing what's actually going on. Then it all goes sideways and shockingly it's on me (with literally the least amount of say) that is responsible for fixing it. F that.

I'm not allowed to drive the train.
The whistle I can't blow.
It's not my place to say how far the train's supposed to go.
It's not my place to shoot off steam,
Or even ring the bell.
But let the damn thing jump the track and see who catches hell!

I'm not allowed to drive the train.
The whistle I can't blow.
It's not my place to say how far the train's supposed to go.
It's not my place to shoot off steam,
Or even ring the bell.
But let the damn thing jump the track and see who catches hell!
This is a story about four people named Everybody, Somebody, Anybody and Nobody.

There was an important job to be done and Everybody was sure that Somebody would do it. Anybody could have done it, but Nobody did it. Somebody got angry about that, because it was Everybody’s job. Everybody thought Anybody could do it, but Nobody realized that Everybody wouldn’t do it. It ended up that Everybody blamed Somebody when Nobody did what Anybody could have.

This is a story about four people named Everybody, Somebody, Anybody and Nobody.

There was an important job to be done and Everybody was sure that Somebody would do it. Anybody could have done it, but Nobody did it. Somebody got angry about that, because it was Everybody’s job. Everybody thought Anybody could do it, but Nobody realized that Everybody wouldn’t do it. It ended up that Everybody blamed Somebody when Nobody did what Anybody could have.
I have challenged complainers to specifically name the "Somebody" that should be fixing the problem. They are totally baffled. The thought that they should have an understanding of their problem and the options to correct it turns them into deer staring into a headlight.

I have challenged complainers to specifically name the "Somebody" that should be fixing the problem. They are totally baffled. The thought that they should have an understanding of their problem and the options to correct it turns them into deer staring into a headlight.
If there is a miracle and they can answer your question, the follow up question is who is paying for the solution. I've very rarely encountered anyone that could answer both questions with practical answers (eg. Mexico will pay for the wall is words but they have no practical meaning).

Macron positive and symptomatic. Working from home for a week. Are world leaders a reasonable control group for the population at large if they were frequently tested? A lot of them seem to have been infected at some point.

Macron positive and symptomatic. Working from home for a week. Are world leaders a reasonable control group for the population at large if they were frequently tested? A lot of them seem to have been infected at some point.

they don’t really have small “bubbles”.

Found this amusing...

Attachments

• EpTyABVXMAIwEYT.jpeg
    EpTyABVXMAIwEYT.jpeg
    61 KB · Views: 24
Poland just announced a national lockdown Dec 28 - Jan 17...glad we didn't rebook our tickets for Christmas. I need to cancel those tickets as I don't see travel being all that rosy in 2021 just yet.

This totally sucks as the majority of our family is in the tourism / hotel business....this is going to be a rough time for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom