Coronavirus | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
There may be nothing filthier in the world than cash , paper money is the worst . Strippers tuck your 20 in the g string and then the bar tender hands it back in change to a guy that just had his hand in Bambi’s cooch and he buys groceries on the way home after rubbing one out, thinking about Bambi’s mom. I’ll tap thanks

Again, wear nitrile gloves whenever you're in public if it concerns you that much. Cash, door handles, taps, etc. You can't not touch everything.

There are very few places that have keypad input only. Walmart is the only one I can think of off hand. One convenience store in Milton (so they can get their $.015 charge, I suspect). Situational awareness of who's around you when you do use them is basic common sense.

There may be nothing filthier in the world than cash , paper money is the worst . Strippers tuck your 20 in the g string and then the bar tender hands it back in change to a guy that just had his hand in Bambi’s cooch and he buys groceries on the way home after rubbing one out, thinking about Bambi’s mom. I’ll tap thanks

I dunno. I've heard of people purposely buying motorcycles with fans of $100 bills instead of using electronic currency.

Weird things in life, people wash their hands after using public washrooms. You know how dirty that door is leading into the public facility, and it’s usually a pull handle not a push.

Weird things in life, people wash their hands after using public washrooms. You know how dirty that door is leading into the public facility, and it’s usually a pull handle not a push.

Easy one. Use the washroom. Grab some poo tickets out of a stall (try to steer clear of the seat -someone sat on it). Wash your hands. Use the poo tickets to hold the handle when opening the door. Toss them on the ground immediately. Remove (sanitized) phone from pocket. Make an appointment with a psychiatrist.

Prudent is one thing. No one wants to get sick. Gemophobia, however, is a mental illness.

Bingo. I use the hand towels to turn off the taps and open the door, hold it with my foot and toss the towels. If it too far i just hold onto them until i locate a garbage.

If there's no hand towels i use oodles of toilet paper.

Yes. I have no desire to deal with cancelling this, waiting for reimbursement/new card nonsense. And the people who steal cards know about the $100 limit and go from store to store staying under the threshold till the flags go up and the cards get suspended. How long that takes? I know I can go from store to store to store to store on a Saturday afternoon and never has there been any issue with multiple CC or debit payments.

It's $100 cumulative, not over and over again.

The most you can lose is $100 by losing your bank card, and as soon as you call and report it stolen they'll ask you when the last time YOU used it was. Any charges beyond that that were made using tap by the thieves is refunded immediately on the phone.

I speak from experience.

Any feeling that physically inserting your card in a machine (skim risk) and entering your pin (observation PIN theft risk) is misplaced. Tap is the far more secure option in the end for all the reasons some have mentioned here.

Myself, I rarely use my physical cards anymore unless I'm at some place that's still refusing to move into 2005 and accept NFC cards...like Walmart. The rest of the time, without exception, I use my phone to tap payments - it requires a biometric verification which makes it useless for payment if I lose it, I can remotely disable the cards on top of that, and the merchants never see your actual card number as one last brutal line of defence because every transaction is tokenized.

the phone pay thing is interesting
but I suppose it means apple or google have your CC

for most people I guess that's normal
but I'm not giving either of them that information

but I suppose it means apple or google have your CC

for most people I guess that's normal
but I'm not giving either of them that information

You assume wrong.

Apple Pay is also designed to protect your personal information. Apple doesn’t store or have access to the original credit, debit, or prepaid card numbers that you use with Apple Pay. And when you use Apple Pay with credit, debit, or prepaid cards, Apple doesn't retain any transaction information that can be tied back to you—your transactions stay between you, the merchant or developer, and your bank or card issuer.

Can't speak for GooglePay as I'm not an Android guy, but given as how it's been around for years as well and there's been not one documented case of fraud directly resulting from any data being stolen, it would be a reasonable assumption that it is equally as secure as ApplePay is.

These systems are extremely secure. It's ironic, but the method you personally consider the most secure is, in the grand scheme of technology today, actually the least secure option.

It's $100 cumulative, not over and over again.

The most you can lose is $100 by losing your bank card, and as soon as you call and report it stolen they'll ask you when the last time YOU used it was. Any charges beyond that that were made using tap by the thieves is refunded immediately on the phone.

I speak from experience.

Any feeling that physically inserting your card in a machine (skim risk) and entering your pin (observation PIN theft risk) is misplaced. Tap is the far more secure option in the end for all the reasons some have mentioned here.

Myself, I rarely use my physical cards anymore unless I'm at some place that's still refusing to move into 2005 and accept NFC cards...like Walmart. The rest of the time, without exception, I use my phone to tap payments - it requires a biometric verification which makes it useless for payment if I lose it, I can remotely disable the cards on top of that, and the merchants never see your actual card number as one last brutal line of defence because every transaction is tokenized.
You don't lose anything with Flash, unauthorized use is 100% money back guaranteed -- you get all your money back.

Purchase limits are $100/transaction and $200/24 hour rolling period. The only exception is retail fuel purchases, they have a $200 limit. Once your 24 hour rolling limit hits $200, Interac will ask you for a PIN, you will not be able to tap the card until you complete a PIN transaction.

You are absolutely correct that contactless payments (ApplePay, Flash) are way safer than chip&pin, particularly in crowded places. Wallet payments are also the safest for online purchases for similar reasons, the merchant website never gets your card data.

Purchase limits are $100/transaction and $200/24 hour rolling period. The only exception is retail fuel purchases, they have a $200 limit. Once your 24 hour rolling limit hits $200, Interac will ask you for a PIN, you will not be able to tap the card until you complete a PIN transaction.

For the record, these are all adjustable via a quick phone call to your banks customer service, or a quick visit to any branch.

For those who just want to have the convenience of tap without any perceived threat of loss (which has been mentioned many times here is actually NOT a concern anyways, but we digress) call and set these limits to $50 or something low. You open up a world of convenience being able to tap for small purchases like your coffee and donut in the morning without opening yourself up to the very real risk of physically inserting your card in a potentially skimmed card reader.

You assume wrong.

Can't speak for GooglePay as I'm not an Android guy, but given as how it's been around for years as well and there's been not one documented case of fraud directly resulting from any data being stolen, it would be a reasonable assumption that it is equally as secure as ApplePay is.

These systems are extremely secure. It's ironic, but the method you personally consider the most secure is, in the grand scheme of technology today, actually the least secure option.

no I don't
at least for google - apple I have no idea, don't like the Co

like I mentioned earlier
fraud I'm not that concerned about
the bank eats that

privacy is my concern
and I don't want google having my CC number and purchase history

yeah I'm gonna stay a hard no on this

FrYlpJN.jpg

Last edited:
You assume wrong.

Apple and Google wallets work the same way. Neither holds your credit card, only instructions on how to connect to your card issuer (typically a bank). Apple & Google exchaange tokens with your bank, these are then exchanged with the card processer (VISA, MasterCard, Amex etc). Nobody but you and your bank get to see the card or personal data.

For the record, these are all adjustable via a quick phone call to your banks customer service, or a quick visit to any branch.

For those who just want to have the convenience of tap without any perceived threat of loss (which has been mentioned many times here is actually NOT a concern anyways, but we digress) call and set these limits to $50 or something low. You open up a world of convenience being able to tap for small purchases like your coffee and donut in the morning without opening yourself up to the very real risk of physically inserting your card in a potentially skimmed card reader.
No, they are not adjustable by the cardholder or even the bank.

Interac: Interac sets the limits at $100/purchase ($200 for gas/diesel) and $200 daily rolling limit before PIN is required. Some merchant services companies may allow merchants to set limits lower for point of sale terminals, this happens before a transaction is attempted.

Debit cards and Credit cards can have separate daily limits when bank accounts are linked to the cards for ATM, chip &pin, and CNP (card not present - online, phone in) purchases. Each bank has their own rules and limits, they are all above Interac Flash limits of $100/200 (except for debit cards issued to children.)

privacy is my concern
and I don't want google having my CC number and purchase history

Apple does not track that. They get zero info about the nature of the transaction.

As for privacy concerns, if you're using an Android handset, you're already behind the curve no matter what you do. I'm sure someone will get their boxers in a twist over the suggestion, but Apple's privacy is actually far better than Android.

Reactions: J_F
No, they are not adjustable by the cardholder or even the bank.

Interac: Interac sets the limits at $100/purchase ($200 for gas/diesel) and $200 daily rolling limit before PIN is required. Some merchant services companies may allow merchants to set limits lower for point of sale terminals, this happens before a transaction is attempted.

Direct from Interac's website:

Transaction limits are set at $100 per transaction. There is also added protection of a cumulative contactless limit set by individual banks or credit unions. A cumulative limit is the maximum contactless spend limit that can be done by an individual Interac debit card before the user is promoted to reset the limit with a Chip and PIN transaction. This confirms that you are the authorized cardholder.

The maximum limit per individual tap transaction was also adjustable last time I asked as well.

Apple does not track that. They get zero info about the nature of the transaction.

As for privacy concerns, if you're using an Android handset, you're already behind the curve no matter what you do. I'm sure someone will get their boxers in a twist over the suggestion, but Apple's privacy is actually far better than Android.

so I'm assuming you don't use google search on your iphone?
and you use the brutal apple maps?

of course you use google stuff on your iphone
google pays apple a lot of money to collect your data

I accept that iphone/apple does not monetize your data to the level google does
but I'm a PC/Android guy, just won't carry around i-jewellery

and I still say those POS terminals are disgusting
so tap it is for me

except when I'm going full-Scottish on a bike purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom