Coronavirus | Page 383 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
The vaccine won't stop people from carrying the virus on the persons, like cloths hands things the vaccine won't control. People might not be breathing it but they can still be a carrier

AstraZeneca says theirs stops people from being infectious. It's not just stopping people from being "sick" - it's stopping the virus from multiplying and thus transmitting.

Touching something that someone infectious touched, and then touching someone else, has not been a significant transmission factor. Breathing in aerosol that someone infectious expelled, is the biggie.

Hopefully we are on the other side of this and the vaccine does what they say with no complications. i'll be the first to take it if it's available to the open public. as it show now the news is saying it's going to be a select people who is getting the first run.

I've got a family member i almost lost once, if it takes me getting the vaccine to save a life. lets get on with it. NP

Imagine putting thought and reason into a plan instead of just bitching about freedumbs and complaining about consequences. Sadly you're a strange duck Brian.

As for Xmas, realistically isolation of our family for two-weeks before is not practical and my parents are high risk. We have cancelled in person xmas for my family. Well, technically postponed until xmas in July.
That's us. Thanksgiving was cancelled as is Christmas. My folks are up there age wise and my Mom has had COPD.

I would rather miss a Christmas and have some more to enjoy in the future rather than this Christmas ultimarely be the last one. At best we may meet somewhere and chat with our vehicles 10 ft apart.

No flights etc or travel for us until my wife and I are both vaccinated.

Of interest... I am in an antibody study through McMaster. 200 Covid positive folks and 200 without Covid. Test now, in 6 months, and at a year to see what anti bodies I have and what happens to them.

Will share if you wish because they are sharing my results with me.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

I have talked to some people who have tested positive and some are saying they still having breathing problems. this is back in Jan Feb of this yr they had it.

For some i think the long term or damage to the respiratory system is already happened. The vaccine will not help that

I have talked to some people who have tested positive and some are saying they still having breathing problems. this is back in Jan Feb of this yr they had it.

For some i think the long term or damage to the respiratory system is already happened. The vaccine will not help that
Yuppers, which is why it drives me crazy when my coworkers or passengers have a cavalier attitude about this.

I just got bloodwork done at the Dr because I am now over 50. Some weird stuff that has him concerned. I had bloodwork a year ago which was fine. Covid related? Who knows.

Who knows wnat Covid did to me. The main thing that is lingering is a lower energy level and I still have some brain fog. Attention span is lower too. Weird.

Yuppers, which is why it drives me crazy when my coworkers or passengers have a cavalier attitude about this.

I just got bloodwork done at the Dr because I am now over 50. Some weird stuff that has him concerned. I had bloodwork a year ago which was fine. Covid related? Who knows.

Who knows wnat Covid did to me. The main thing that is lingering is a lower energy level and I still have some brain fog. Attention span is lower too. Weird.

I have not been tested but i'm pretty sure i had back in Feb, now i have a wizzing sound in my lungs and when i laydown to sleep. didn't effect me energy wise. But hoping time will clear the lungs a bit and it don't lead to bigger problems

I have not been tested but i'm pretty sure i had back in Feb, now i have a wizzing sound in my lungs and when i laydown to sleep. didn't effect me energy wise. But hoping time will clear the lungs a bit and it don't lead to bigger problems
Please keep an eye on that. Perhaps bug your doctor. I had a brief spell of no taste and smell in a similar time frame? Round one of Covid? Who knows.

Either way I wish you well and I hope those respiratory issues get resolved for you.

More information is good (and interesting). Share when you have it please.
Will do. The doctoral candidate who is assisting the study gave me a contact for donating convalescent plasma. One I know which antibodies I have and the amount I will see if I can be of help to someone else. Perhaps my antibodies could help someone who has a more serious case.

How could Canada let that happen, that we are not able to manufacture vaccine in this country

Because we don’t have the infrastructure. These aren’t traditional small chemicals that are being made that you can use regular industrial chemical apparatus to make. They require large high tech biotech equipment of the kind that Chinese and Indian contractors have. Those places do manufacture for hire and do it very well.

How could Canada let that happen, that we are not able to manufacture vaccine in this country
Simple, it requires public money and investment to sustain it, our market is small. When we go a long time with no pandemic...someone will eventually say why are we spending tax dollars on....? We had vaccine production (manufacturing not just research) in the past. Past governments let them be sold off to foreign companies and shutdown. No investment.

The current government is doing things ($$$$$) to get some production back here but that will likely happen well after COVID19 is over. Well hopefully, not that I want repatriation of production capability to take a long time but I want COVID to not take years to get rid of. The catch, will future governments keep investing in it or will they cut, cut, cut in the future.

There are hundreds/thousands (even more) things that we can no longer do in this country, we have let them slip away. Many times race to the bottom plays a big part. It is scary what other like problems we will have in the future... PPE was another example we saw in this pandemic, how could we let that happen....we chose to let it happen.

Simple, it requires public money and investment to sustain it, our market is small. When we go a long time with no pandemic...someone will eventually say why are we spending tax dollars on....? We had vaccine production (manufacturing not just research) in the past. Past governments let them be sold off to foreign companies and shutdown. No investment.

The current government is doing things ($$$$$) to get some production back here but that will likely happen well after COVID19 is over. Well hopefully, not that I want repatriation of production capability to take a long time but I want COVID to not take years to get rid of. The catch, will future governments keep investing in it or will they cut, cut, cut in the future.

There are hundreds/thousands (even more) things that we can no longer do in this country, we have let them slip away. Many times race to the bottom plays a big part. It is scary what other like problems we will have in the future... PPE was another example we saw in this pandemic, how could we let that happen....we chose to let it happen.
Hell, we didn't even fund a single warehouse to stockpile PPE supplies and now people want them to prop up entire industries to be at the ready? I understand the concept but just don't seen it happening. If the industry is run by private entities, they just keep turning the screw on government every year (compliance with new regs, inflation, cost of training went up etc). The industry has to be viable and sustainable on its own or we are doomed to repeat the same cycle.

Hell, we didn't even fund a single warehouse to stockpile PPE supplies and now people want them to prop up entire industries to be at the ready? I understand the concept but just don't seen it happening. If the industry is run by private entities, they just keep turning the screw on government every year (compliance with new regs, inflation, cost of training went up etc). The industry has to be viable and sustainable on its own or we are doomed to repeat the same cycle.
The problem is over correction and then over correction back when we want to cut budgets.

☝ Everybody that had mild flue like symptoms over the previous 365 days hold up your hand.
I asked that on March 13 :unsure: and the response was negligible.

Adamson BBQ is really pressing hard to see if government shutdown is a bluff. So far, the answer is yes. He had over 100 maskless people eating dine-in yesterday so they couldn't safely shut him down because it was too busy. De Villa gave him a red notice (closure for public health) last night and he re-opened for dine in today. Paper obviously won't stop him. He is basically daring them to either arrest him or drop a concrete barricade in front of his doors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom