Coronavirus | Page 382 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally the media and people are realizing the liberals action or lack of on covid, the lets throw money at it is starting to come to light, and the short falls are now apparent. They have no clue when they are getting the vaccine or even a plan to roll it out. More Canadians are going to die for the lack of liberal knowledge and listening to the science.

Really when you see a country that pushed for mask and the numbers are still sky rocketing. i would start to question the science. I'm not an anti masker by no means.
Sad to say, when people are this stupid;

Police lay charges after large birthday party held inside Toronto storage unit

No amount of mask wearing is going to save us. The fact numbers are skyrocketing even with the "majority" of the population following protocol is making the science seem a little off and maybe a change of direction is needed.

Sad to say, when people are this stupid;

Police lay charges after large birthday party held inside Toronto storage unit

No amount of mask wearing is going to save us. The fact numbers are skyrocketing even with the "majority" of the population following protocol is making the science seem a little off and maybe a change of direction is needed.
A GTA news website (cp24.com, 680news.com or similar) did an online poll about what measures people were taking to prevent the spread of covid. Obviously this is not a scientifically designed poll, but the results would likely bear some resemblance to reality. The choices were 1. wear a mask, 2. avoid interactions 3. Do nothing. 14% said they were doing nothing. That is a staggering number of morons that refuses to be inconvenienced and it is hard for any public policy to overcome that level of ignorance.

Last edited:
So Japan is still saying the Olympics will go ahead. I like this little tidbit. "Bach said “participants” and athletes would be encouraged to get vaccinated in order to protect the Japanese public," Based on what I have seen on vaccine rollout that would mean olympic athletes would need to be really close to the beginning of the line to get vaccinations in time for the olympics. July 23 start minus some time from second shot to travel minus 28 days between shots Means they need the first shot around the beginning of June. Nobody is likely getting a shot before March. I wouldn't classify Olympic athletes as high-risk candidates deserving of jumping the line.

So Japan is still saying the Olympics will go ahead. I like this little tidbit. "Bach said “participants” and athletes would be encouraged to get vaccinated in order to protect the Japanese public," Based on what I have seen on vaccine rollout that would mean olympic athletes would need to be really close to the beginning of the line to get vaccinations in time for the olympics. July 23 start minus some time from second shot to travel minus 28 days between shots Means they need the first shot around the beginning of June. Nobody is likely getting a shot before March. I wouldn't classify Olympic athletes as high-risk candidates deserving of jumping the line.

Also, if left up to the country they are from it in theory penalizes athletes based on their country's policies and/or wealth (not that it doesn't occur, it would just be more...).

I think they would be better off going the bubble route. Athlete villages testing and arrival a few weeks before the start.

Well, I think vaccinations are going to get started well before March, possibly December ... but they're not going to be starting with young, physically-fit individuals, unless politics gets into it ... which it will. Some people are more equal than others.

Well, I think vaccinations are going to get started well before March, possibly December ... but they're not going to be starting with young, physically-fit individuals, unless politics gets into it ... which it will. Some people are more equal than others.
i would like to know if they tested on immune compromised people? if not that sure as hell isn't going to help a lot of folks with potentially getting covid and passing

Putting this out there. Had the "what do we do about Christmas" phone call with my sis. She's older than I am, and my brother-in-law has risk factors, and I live near the provincial hot-spot. (I've seen her once since all this started - in the summer, when the infection rate was close to a minimum.)

In the interest of having some sort of small family gathering (the big dinner is out of the question), I plan to have all shopping done 10 days before and buy supplies to get through that time, and arrange for strictly work-from-home (no jobsite visits) during that time, and hunker down with minimal trips out of the house (with all the precautions that are standard-practice if I do leave the house). I figure, if I happen to catch this, 10 days ought to be enough to either have symptoms and know it, or be asymptomatic and get past the infectious period. Then I can make the trip there without stopping (~ 160 km). My sis is fine with this, so that's the plan.

I fear your neck of the woods might be a long time getting the covid under control.

i would like to know if they tested on immune compromised people? if not that sure as hell isn't going to help a lot of folks with potentially getting covid and passing

I'm not privy to the details of the research, but there is the distinct possibility that some people may not be able to be vaccinated, and that is where we need "herd immunity" by vaccinating EVERYONE who possibly can be. For the moment, if that one immune-compromised person lives with (let's say) 4 other people, vaccinating all of those other 4 people will have to do, to reduce the risk of any one of them bringing the infection home. And then everyone in the community that can be vaccinated.

Anti-vaxxers and conspiracy theorists and doubters and the like will prolong this far longer than it should be.

Putting this out there. Had the "what do we do about Christmas" phone call with my sis. She's older than I am, and my brother-in-law has risk factors, and I live near the provincial hot-spot. (I've seen her once since all this started - in the summer, when the infection rate was close to a minimum.)

In the interest of having some sort of small family gathering (the big dinner is out of the question), I plan to have all shopping done 10 days before and buy supplies to get through that time, and arrange for strictly work-from-home (no jobsite visits) during that time, and hunker down with minimal trips out of the house (with all the precautions that are standard-practice if I do leave the house). I figure, if I happen to catch this, 10 days ought to be enough to either have symptoms and know it, or be asymptomatic and get past the infectious period. Then I can make the trip there without stopping (~ 160 km). My sis is fine with this, so that's the plan.
That is not far off of what Quebec is calling for.

For my family, we cancelled Easter (did a video web call instead), had an outside family gtg in the summer nowing what was coming (second wave), cancelled Thanksgiving. XMAS is cancelled, we will likely do another video web call.

I'm not privy to the details of the research, but there is the distinct possibility that some people may not be able to be vaccinated, and that is where we need "herd immunity" by vaccinating EVERYONE who possibly can be. For the moment, if that one immune-compromised person lives with (let's say) 4 other people, vaccinating all of those other 4 people will have to do, to reduce the risk of any one of them bringing the infection home. And then everyone in the community that can be vaccinated.

Anti-vaxxers and conspiracy theorists and doubters and the like will prolong this far longer than it should be.
The vaccine won't stop people from carrying the virus on the persons, like cloths hands things the vaccine won't control. People might not be breathing it but they can still be a carrier

Imagine putting thought and reason into a plan instead of just bitching about freedumbs and complaining about consequences. Sadly you're a strange duck Brian.

As for Xmas, realistically isolation of our family for two-weeks before is not practical and my parents are high risk. We have cancelled in person xmas for my family. Well, technically postponed until xmas in July.

Imagine putting thought and reason into a plan instead of just bitching about freedumbs and complaining about consequences. Sadly you're a strange duck Brian.
you don't think anyone else has thought of that? I have not been in my house in the georgetown for over 8 months because of this ****** up virus. That's why i'm wondering to what capacity have they tested

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom