Coronavirus | Page 375 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I was out riding that day ;)
you should come out and we can go riding if you don't have or know anyone with covid otherwise stay away ?

Got the sleds running this weekend

Hoping for another weekend getting dirty this coming weekend.

Does Canada (Trudeau, Hajdu, Tam) have a plan for distributing the vaccine(s), are they leaving it up to the Provinces, or have they even thought about it? The flu vaccine was a total mess.

Does Canada (Trudeau, Hajdu, Tam) have a plan for distributing the vaccine(s), are they leaving it up to the Provinces, or have they even thought about it? The flu vaccine was a total mess.
JT said that vulnerable peoples like First Nations and healthcare workers get the first batch. What a moron. Still playing politics with lives. Equating a group that can live substantially isolated with a group that by necessity deals with covid patients on a daily basis. As an added bonus, the first round will likely be the -75C stuff which probably means much will get wasted in a failed attempt to distribute to remote populations.

Last edited:
I don’t know what the numbers for Covid are in remote villages or Rez the news don’t push it out.

Hopefully when the time comes the government will take a strong look at what region would benefit from having the vaccine first

(y) awesome math presentation.
but how did 38955 -> 94 :unsure: did they expose the rest of the test cases or was that population added to dilute the results
I think they vaccinated (real or placebo) 38955 people and let them carry on with their lives. Of that group 94 were diagnosed with covid. 90% of those diagnosed with covid had received the placebo. IIRC, they are continuing until they get ~165 covid diagnoses as that fulfills some statistical requirement.

JT said that vulnerable peoples like First Nations and healthcare workers get the first batch. What a moron. Still playing politics with lives

Healthcare workers doesn’t make sense to you?

It seems that keeping the people that help the sick from getting sick and not being able to help would make a lot of sense in my books.

First Nations, well, I’d have to see the reasonings on that. Unless they’re inherently super vulnerable, it seems like the elderly in nursing homes would be a higher priority. My wife’s grandmother is in a home with a confirmed case now amongst staff and they’re effectively in lockdown - can’t leave their rooms or do anything. Seems to be getting these people protected so they can enjoy what remains of their days would be a high priority.

Healthcare workers doesn’t make sense to you?

It seems that keeping the people that help the sick from getting sick and not being able to help would make a lot of sense in my books.

First Nations, well, I’d have to see the reasonings on that. Unless they’re inherently super vulnerable, it seems like the elderly in nursing homes would be a higher priority. My wife’s grandmother is in a home with a confirmed case now amongst staff and they’re effectively in lockdown - can’t leave their rooms or do anything. Seems to be getting these people protected so they can enjoy what remains of their days would be a high priority.
I think healthcare workers should be the first group. Full stop. Vulnerable people that can't isolate second (such as LTC homes). This is debatable though. Are they doing everything possible to preserve life (which would make LTC a good choice) or are you trying to balance economy and life in which case round two would be people like teachers and grocery store workers that have a high potential for exposure and are vital functioning members of society. No easy answers for that one. Honestly, many people in LTC have zero quality of life and they personally may not care about dying, but wiping out the elderly because they are infirm (or failing to do everything possible to protect them) is a dodgy moral proposition.

I haven't seen JT's reasoning for why First Nations are the highest priority in the entire country. I haven't seen any stats in Canada that would remotely support that (some US first nations are doing very badly but I haven't seen any similar Canadian issues). It supports JT's narrative of pretending to care for First Nations.

Last edited:
I’m thinking immune deficiency people should be a high priority on the list. As they seemed to be the other folks who are not able to fight the Covid

maybe even before health care workers that are not in hotspots

Last edited:
I haven't seen JT's reasoning for why First Nations are the highest priority in the entire country. I haven't seen any stats in Canada that would remotely support that (some US first nations are doing very badly but I haven't seen any similar Canadian issues). It supports JT's narrative of pretending to care for First Nations.
You answered your own question

I always hope that he eventually grows up, stops being a man-child and actually makes decisions based on evidence or facts instead of politics and bribes. I don't know, maybe I am dumber than he is for having hope that the leader of our country can change for the better.
See Trump.

Elect a clown expect the circus.

Doesn't matter at that point. I have little sympathy for people who are that stupid.
And once they are in the hospital, their stupidity does not affect others (either through spouting crap or failing to take any precautionary measures).

The sad thing is that nurse thinks she is there to be the brunt of some of the patients anger and frustration and it's ok,
imho it is unacceptable to take it out on the health care giver, that is exactly how one can end up in a straight jacket facility.

Honestly watching the news and when the experts start talking about Covid all i her is blah blah blah

Honestly watching the news and when the experts start talking about Covid all i her is blah blah blah

So....ignore the experts. But the crackpots on YouTube, undivided attention and all 100% truth?

I see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom