Coronavirus | Page 300 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really see what the panic is. People are wearing masks at stores. The infection rate in our province of 15million is only 110-150 per day. The idea was not to eliminate the virus, but to flatten the curve so that hospitals wouldn't be overwhelmed. Elimination isn't realistic. It looks like there's a vaccine coming, that should solve a lot. We're not opening the border either. You get the odd pic of teens partying on the beach or at a cottage, but that hasn't resulted in massively elevated numbers. Things are good. Don't worry.

I start worrying when other people stop.

I don't really see what the panic is. People are wearing masks at stores. The infection rate in our province of 15million is only 110-150 per day. The idea was not to eliminate the virus, but to flatten the curve so that hospitals wouldn't be overwhelmed. Elimination isn't realistic. It looks like there's a vaccine coming, that should solve a lot. We're not opening the border either. You get the odd pic of teens partying on the beach or at a cottage, but that hasn't resulted in massively elevated numbers. Things are good. Don't worry.

I won't disagree entirely, but you should look up how fast community spread can get out of control via exponential spread.

A single teen who got infected at a party but has zero symptoms then spreads that to his other friends, who spread it to their other friends, they they go out in the community, flaunt mask laws by pulling them down over their chin once their past the door (because they're stupid, this is just a boomer thing, we're invincible, so **** this ****) and next thing you know a few others in the store get infected. And then they spread it. And then gramma dies and a bunch of parents of those teens in that spreader group are in the hospital on ventilators.

And then it spirals out of control and we're back in Stage 2, Stage 1, or lockdown again.

THIS is the issue. What could happen here is now unfolding day by day in the USA with over 1000 people every single day now dying from Covid alone, not to mention the people who need hospital care who can't go because some hospitals are overwhelmed, etc. It all piles up.

I won't disagree entirely, but you should look up how fast community spread can get out of control via exponential spread.

A single teen who got infected at a party but has zero symptoms then spreads that to his other friends, who spread it to their other friends, they they go out in the community, flaunt mask laws by pulling them down over their chin once their past the door (because they're stupid, this is just a boomer thing, we're invincible, so **** this ****) and next thing you know a few others in the store get infected. And then they spread it. And then gramma dies and a bunch of parents of those teens in that spreader group are in the hospital on ventilators.

And then it spirals out of control and we're back in Stage 2, Stage 1, or lockdown again.

THIS is the issue. What could happen here is now unfolding day by day in the USA with over 1000 people every single day now dying from Covid alone, not to mention the people who need hospital care who can't go because some hospitals are overwhelmed, etc. It all piles up.

Accident victims are being turned away or placed in hallways because ICU is jammed with COVID patients. As the general public walks down the same hallway coughing............

At 115 or so cases a day, I think there's pretty good evidence that most gen Why? kids are taking precautions. The ones who aren't are...the 115.

At 115 or so cases a day, I think there's pretty good evidence that most gen Why? kids are taking precautions. The ones who aren't are...the 115.

For every diagnosed covid case there's roughly 6 others in the wild going undiagnosed.

Then you get this sort of utter and complete asshattery:

200 ******* people.

I think whatever they have planned for sep when the kids go back to school will be a interesting benchmark. Hopefully it works out and we can keep overcoming this stupid COVID.

New Zealand was able to get their cases down to 0, until they messed it up. Still great they got there.

I think whatever they have planned for sep when the kids go back to school will be a interesting benchmark. Hopefully it works out and we can keep overcoming this stupid COVID.

New Zealand was able to get their cases down to 0, until they messed it up. Still great they got there.
Known cases ;)

if we stop testing we won't find any new cases.

-Donald J. Trump

For every diagnosed covid case there's roughly 6 others in the wild going undiagnosed.

Then you get this sort of utter and complete asshattery:

200 ******* people.

I assume this was a pay to party deal. I doubt the fine will cover the health care costs.

Our stats may be flawed as the people being tested are not random. We need to lasso random groups for the testing.

I assume this was a pay to party deal. I doubt the fine will cover the health care costs.

Our stats may be flawed as the people being tested are not random. We need to lasso random groups for the testing.
As a starting point, instead of dispersing that crowd, they should have pulled up with buses and corralled all the morons. Covid test and ID check on the way out of the bus.

There was a 100+ person party at an Air BnB in Caledon last week where at least three people were subsequently confirmed positive and infectious during the party. They expect quite a wave from that idiocy.

The bet for Canada is a vaccine.

While progress is encouraging, and investment unprecedented, work on coronavirus vaccines has been ongoing since the 60s without success. If we don’t get a vaccine, the crisis could continue for some time. Spain, Hong Kong and China are all resurging.

I also fear we are become hygiene fatigued. I already see it. A month ago everyone Sanitized hands upon entering any store. Since masks became mandatory, sanitization and gloves seem to be less of a priority. No more wiping down cart handles, hand sanitization stations are going unused.

We're finding errors in published papers now too - WHO is back testing Hydroxychloroquine again:
https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(20)31324-6/fulltext

That's old news (13 June, about a week after the subsequently-retracted paper was originally published). Other studies published in the meantime, which haven't been retracted, have found it to be ineffective. This decision to subsequently discontinue trials, came AFTER that whole mess (this is from 4 July): WHO discontinues hydroxychloroquine and lopinavir/ritonavir treatment arms for COVID-19

As far as I can tell, that subsequent discontinuation of trials is still the current situation.

That's old news (13 June, about a week after the subsequently-retracted paper was originally published). Other studies published in the meantime, which haven't been retracted, have found it to be ineffective. This decision to subsequently discontinue trials, came AFTER that whole mess (this is from 4 July): WHO discontinues hydroxychloroquine and lopinavir/ritonavir treatment arms for COVID-19

As far as I can tell, that subsequent discontinuation of trials is still the current situation.
Looks like it's discontinued during treatment, but they're open to trying it before and after.
It does serve to show how things can change quickly, and how external factors can be involved in studies, especially during a crisis.

In shocking news, baseball's idiotic plan is not going well. Marlins home opener cancelled after 10 team members tested positive.

I knew it was going to suck, but I figured they'd fly around for a few weeks infecting the entire country before teams started dropping.

It sounded like Buffalo for the Blue Jays but the stadium wasn't up to MLB standards. It sounded like they had to put a lot of $$$ into it or the players would be playing high school style. Now this with the opener against guess who, the Marlins. Is it worth it?

As a starting point, instead of dispersing that crowd, they should have pulled up with buses and corralled all the morons. Covid test and ID check on the way out of the bus.

There was a 100+ person party at an Air BnB in Caledon last week where at least three people were subsequently confirmed positive and infectious during the party. They expect quite a wave from that idiocy.

After the ID check they write a cheque for the fine. A hundred people at a grand each would at least pay some of the expenses. The organizers pay the corporate rate.

A bit dated but:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom