went to Rona - as they suck, assuming the lines would be shorter
they were, got what I needed and out fairly quickly

after that stopped at a grocers as the outside lineup was shortish

both stores: zero staff wearing masks
myself and 2 other customers wearing masks in total for the outing
close to zero attempt by customers to safe distance

this is a stark contrast to the behavior of around 2 weeks ago
our numbers are gong to increase

You should have bought a 12 foot 2X4 at Rona and taken it into the grocers on your shoulder spinning around quickly every once in a while.

Went to HD this Morning and there was about 50/50 of customers and staff that had masks and gloves. More customers than staff for sure wearing them. No line up first thing and they opened early which made it nice to get in and out quickly.
Mine was quite busy. I got there just after 8 and there was a line up. Took me an hour overall to wait, get in, and leave. Some staff had gloves no masks though.

Upside down flags. They need a punch in the face.

Don't you love the Muricans that salute their honoured flag. Do not disrespect the Stars and stripes.

Then they wear flag underwear, tee shirts, bra and pantie bikinis. Add to that the car covers, key fobs, beer cans etc.

Doesn't flying a flag upside down mean you're in distress or did I miss the obvious?

Mine was quite busy. I got there just after 8 and there was a line up. Took me an hour overall to wait, get in, and leave. Some staff had gloves no masks though.
As I was walking out the lineup was about 10 deep or so at 8:15 which wasn't too bad. This was the Dundas and Mavis location. I think I'll cancel my curbside pick up order from another HD as it seems to be in limbo since Thursday and I was expecting it back today.

Doesn't flying a flag upside down mean you're in distress or did I miss the obvious?
It's a sign of disrespect.
Displaying your counties flag is an act of patriotism, displaying it upside down is either a distress signal or symbolic of disrespect for the country. These ******* are certainly not in destress, they are using it to show disrespect towards Canada.

As I was walking out the lineup was about 10 deep or so at 8:15 which wasn't too bad. This was the Dundas and Mavis location. I think I'll cancel my curbside pick up order from another HD as it seems to be in limbo since Thursday and I was expecting it back today.
I also have a curbside order in limbo from last Monday. Funny enough I placed 2 other orders after it and they went through. Anyhow trying to get through to customers service has been impossible, and there doesn't look to be a online method to cancel it. I think returns will start on May 19th I might wait until then to deal with it.

It's a sign of disrespect.
Displaying your counties flag is an act of patriotism, displaying it upside down is either a distress signal or symbolic of disrespect for the country. These ******* are certainly not in destress, they are using it to show disrespect towards Canada.

I wonder what will happen and TBH a bit scared about what will happen with these self important losers when the well runs dry.

Somewhere earlier I commented on the spring break lollipops in Florida taking C-19 back home to Idaho and killing off their parents. I figured some of them were psychopaths that would enjoy inheriting the farm and blowing it all.

Now the farm isn't worth the mortgage and there's a glut of potatoes on the market. Other crops require foreign labour for harvesting and they aren't available. Roll up your sleeves lollipop. You're going to learn about your grandparents lifestyle.

I wonder what will happen and TBH a bit scared about what will happen with these self important losers when the well runs dry.
Put them on a cruise ship destined for their country of choice. Although I'm pretty sure no country would want them.

Germany infection rates rising!

Coronavirus: Germany infection rate rises as lockdown eases Infection rate rises in Germany as lockdown eases
Of course rates are rising. That has to happen when you remove restrictions, the interesting question is how far and how fast.

The ontario theoretical plan was to get community cases down to a known number and then use contact tracing and selective quarantines to control is. Since we are at 55% of new cases of unknown origin that plan is completely blown out of the water. I think they are going to reopen and hope for the best. About the best we can hope for is a few bad scenarios are identified (for instance marinas or hairdressers seem to be common vectors) and the next lockdown starts with just select businesses shuttered.

Worldometers doesn't indicate anything particularly special about Germany's number of cases lately. Florida's situation has continued its trend ... of not going down very fast. Excluding a spike on 17th April, the trend line on daily new cases was 800-ish per day a month ago, and it's 650-ish now.

Businesses may be opening, but plenty of people (who know the deal) are staying home or wearing masks.

Our daily case numbers stubbornly resist going down much, too. BUT ... Ontario's daily numbers are just out. Number of new cases 294, that's the lowest it's been for several weeks, which is promising. Stay home when practical ... keep your distance ... wear masks! I'd like to have a summer!

Put them on a cruise ship destined for their country of choice. Although I'm pretty sure no country would want them.

Convert a bunch of the unused airplanes into para drop planes. Here's your chute, count to three and pull the handle. Explain to the guy on the ground with a machine gun that you've been repatriated.

Unfortunately most of the protesters were born here and a lot born here, born white.

People think the world governments have dropped the ball on reacting to Covid 19. That is absolutely nothing compared to how they have dropped the ball on mental health for a hell of a lot longer.

We have no game plan for dealing with racism, sexism, egotism, elitism and a plethora of other issues other than being polite and PC. At some point the dirt swept under the carpet will dwarf the carpet.

Worldometers doesn't indicate anything particularly special about Germany's number of cases lately. Florida's situation has continued its trend ... of not going down very fast. Excluding a spike on 17th April, the trend line on daily new cases was 800-ish per day a month ago, and it's 650-ish now.

Businesses may be opening, but plenty of people (who know the deal) are staying home or wearing masks.

Our daily case numbers stubbornly resist going down much, too. BUT ... Ontario's daily numbers are just out. Number of new cases 294, that's the lowest it's been for several weeks, which is promising. Stay home when practical ... keep your distance ... wear masks! I'd like to have a summer!

the reason the German news is significant is that the estimated R number is now above 1 for the first time in a while.

We have no game plan for dealing with racism, sexism, egotism, elitism and a plethora of other issues other than being polite and PC. At some point the dirt swept under the carpet will dwarf the carpet.
Sure we have a plan, none of those things exist any more.
I can now paint myself purple and openly identify as a multi-sexual biped lunar module and nobody can say squat about it :LOL:

Of course rates are rising. That has to happen when you remove restrictions, the interesting question is how far and how fast.

The ontario theoretical plan was to get community cases down to a known number and then use contact tracing and selective quarantines to control is. Since we are at 55% of new cases of unknown origin that plan is completely blown out of the water. I think they are going to reopen and hope for the best. About the best we can hope for is a few bad scenarios are identified (for instance marinas or hairdressers seem to be common vectors) and the next lockdown starts with just select businesses shuttered.

The long term (Pre-vaccine) goal has to be to keep the numbers treatable without sacrificing other medical treatments or creating unsustainable medical costs.

I went for a blood test last Thursday and dreaded the encounter. Three story clinic with long hallways and usually jammed with people that have reason to have been in contact with the outside world. Normally I would wait 15-20 minutes in a room with a dozen or two others. Since the test is routine my plan was to skip if it didn't feel right when I got there. I was told by phone the waiting room was off limits and to line up in the narrow hall.

Reality: Parking lot quarter full. Hallways are empty. I peek in the door and the waiting room is empty. I hear a voice say "Come in". I get the wipe, jab and band-aid. I'm out in five minutes. As I leave one other couple is walking down the hall.

Why was the place fifteen times busier before? Are health concerns being ignored or were they being over treated before?

We are not immortal. We have to accept that people will continue to die from cancers, heart disease, Alzheimer's etc. Add the flu and now C-19 to the list of things we can die from. We can control some things like lung cancer affecting us by banning peoples perceived rights to smoke in the workplace, buses etc. Polio has been almost eradicated to the point that a lot of the world population doesn't know what it is.

Add C-19 and its variants to the list of things we might die from, hopefully in controllable numbers.

Last edited:
Ontario trending down, if people exercise a little self discipline we could be out of the woods in a month:
(Big red line is new cases)

Why was the place fifteen times busier before? Are health concerns being ignored or were they being over treated before?

Lots of people are postponing non-emergency doctor visits of all sorts. For that matter, lots of people are postponing things that they shouldn't be postponing - like warning signs of heart trouble. And, the postponement of non-elective/emergency surgeries is postponing things that are beyond their control - like cancer surgeries.

Resumption of some sense of normalcy in the health care system is the FIRST thing that needs to be done on the way out of covid-19.

I also have a curbside order in limbo from last Monday. Funny enough I placed 2 other orders after it and they went through. Anyhow trying to get through to customers service has been impossible, and there doesn't look to be a online method to cancel it. I think returns will start on May 19th I might wait until then to deal with it.
Mine just got cancelled 20min ago. Looks like I need to go in the morning again. 6am it is!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom