Copy of the M Test (M2X) checklist! | Page 41 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Copy of the M Test (M2X) checklist!

Just to clarify guys,
If i'm making a left from a street that has 2 lanes going in both opposite direction, as well as the street im turning into, do I stay in the left tire track before the turn and enter the left tire track of the left lane THEN switch to the right tire track? Or can I stay in the right tire track and enter through the right tire track?

Im kinda confused with this in a multi lane and single lane..

Can someone shed light into it please?

Hey guys I have a quick question, I'm doing my test in late June in London, not too concerned but the one thing that has me wondering, they say to not shift throughout a turn, well I ride a 2011 ninja 250, and in large intersections I always shift to 2nd and the first gear on the 250 is so damn short, so it it OK to say start moving a d shift to second right away before you start the turn?

when I did the test, I asked the examiner this question. He said he can't see when I shift anyway so it doesn't matter as long as you can shift while in a turn and still maintain control of the bike.

I shifted in the turn and didn't lose any marks.

Just to clarify guys,
If i'm making a left from a street that has 2 lanes going in both opposite direction, as well as the street im turning into, do I stay in the left tire track before the turn and enter the left tire track of the left lane THEN switch to the right tire track? Or can I stay in the right tire track and enter through the right tire track?

Im kinda confused with this in a multi lane and single lane..

Can someone shed light into it please?

if you are on a 4 lane road, turn left from the left lane in the RIGHT tire track. Turning onto another 4 lane road, you turn into the left lane in the RIGHT tire track. then switch to the right lane in the LEFT tire track.

if you are on a 4 lane road, turn left from the left lane in the RIGHT tire track. Turning onto another 4 lane road, you turn into the left lane in the RIGHT tire track. then switch to the right lane in the LEFT tire track.

Thanks a lot. I was a little confused

Another question. So i have a 1974 cb550 and im wondering what my options are in terms of speed. I noticed that ny speedo is off by 7-10kmh (slower) what are my options here... Someone brought it up and i did a test and the results were bad. The gps/speed tracker on my phone does not match that of the bike

Another question. So i have a 1974 cb550 and im wondering what my options are in terms of speed. I noticed that ny speedo is off by 7-10kmh (slower) what are my options here... Someone brought it up and i did a test and the results were bad. The gps/speed tracker on my phone does not match that of the bike

So I had the same issue. I ending up testing with gps& speedo app. They matched. As well, everyone here said to go by gps and not the bike's speedometer. So during my test I had gps AND speedo app running to monitor my speed. What? I said I was nervous!

So I had the same issue. I ending up testing with gps& speedo app. They matched. As well, everyone here said to go by gps and not the bike's speedometer. So during my test I had gps AND speedo app running to monitor my speed. What? I said I was nervous!

I dont have a phone mount for the bike :( i guess i'll have to tape it somewhere...

if you are 7-10km slower, then just make sure you are driving at the speed limit. Worst case is you will get knocked a point for driving too slow for conditions. 10km slower is usually ok with no deductions unless traffic is flying by you.

when I did the test, I asked the examiner this question. He said he can't see when I shift anyway so it doesn't matter as long as you can shift while in a turn and still maintain control of the bike.

I shifted in the turn and didn't lose any marks.
Thank you, that is what I was hoping, but maybe I will ask the guy or lady before the test starts. Like I said my small bike and large intersections I pretty much have to shift or I'll be at 11000 rpms. Lol

Points of accuracy. In Ontario the speed limit in urban areas is 50 kph unless posted otherwise. There is not an 'emergency stop' it is referenced as a 'roadside stop.' As the test sheet says, they are looking for traffic checks, mirror checks, tapping the brake before slowing down, indicating where appropriate, smoothly slowing down and stopping within an arms length of the curb, using your hazard lights (if you have them), securing the bike with the kickstand, then when re-entering traffic; flipping the kickstand up, doing full traffic and blind spot checking, put the bike in gear, smoothly moving off, going into the blocking position, canceling the signal and doing a traffic check. Professional lessons would benefit most riders.

First post in almost a year! What compelled you to clarify this specific point when there we so many other opportunities?

I just passed by one point babahaha felt like the worst ride of my life as if I just started to ride... I'm so used to riding defensively.. it really put me out of my comfort zone .. glad it's done

I just passed by one point babahaha felt like the worst ride of my life as if I just started to ride... I'm so used to riding defensively.. it really put me out of my comfort zone .. glad it's done

Congrats!

Are you saying you took the test NOT riding defensively?? I'm confused... taking the test should not put you out of your comfort zone!

I think what was meant was that they normally drive defensively anyway, but were over thinking / nervous during test so they made mistakes.
I was so nervous for my test, just because it was a test.

Exactly your supposed to do the speed limit on the hi way but tell me who does everyone was flying by me... When I ride I like to stay just lil bit faster then the cars just in case. I can speed up if i see them on the phone or what not.. Its hard to explain.. if you don't get sorry

taking the test should not put you out of your comfort zone!

Really? There's nothing natural about the way the test is graded. I thought the exaggerated head movements were a particular pain in the butt. I still got dinged several times for "not looking at hazard", which makes no sense to me.

Really? There's nothing natural about the way the test is graded. I thought the exaggerated head movements were a particular pain in the butt. I still got dinged several times for "not looking at hazard", which makes no sense to me.

The problem with the hazards is that they are predetermined, and may not actually appear to be hazards to you. A specific driveway, or gas station entrance for example. You see it, you see it's clear, but you don't turn your head to look as you get closer...if there is no head movement "in the vicinity of the hazard" then you've failed to look. Since there are 12 of those on the test, it's very common for people to miss some.

So basically, just shake your head throughout the whole test and they can't ding you.

Certainly glad that's done.

Back
Top Bottom