Copy of the M Test (M2X) checklist! | Page 39 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Copy of the M Test (M2X) checklist!

Can you call in and book the test or do you have to come in

With the DriveTest centre? You can call, book online or go in.

Ya just want to book my m test I live in Milton just want to see what the best place would be within the area

Yeah, I went online, but at the time not everyone was booking yet. They should all be available now. Book soon, they fill up fast.

Great thread. Passed test at the Aurora MTO. The test route is the same as the last one posted.

Congrats. Like everyone else, I'm feeling nervous with my test coming in 2 weeks. Hopefully everything will go well.

Congrats. Like everyone else, I'm feeling nervous with my test coming in 2 weeks. Hopefully everything will go well.

You will do fine, I was nervous too as my M2 expires in June. Just ride your bike according to the rules and you will do just fine. I got docked for going too slow in a few spots. I ended up with 10 errors.

I'm sure it's been said but I just want to add that the bike you take your test on should be in proper shape. Specifically, blinkers, front/rear brake light activation and horn should all work reliably. My guy wasn't picky about the rest of my "mods" but I presume the closer to stock the better.

I haven't read the full thread, so I apologize if I'm repeating a question that was answered earlier. I've heard that for the G license, some cities have a far higher pass rate than others. I imagine that the same thing holds for the motorcycle test. I'm still a year away from eligibility for my M test. I've been thinking of booking my test someplace outside the GTA just to avoid heavy traffic. Guelph or Peterborough come to mind. Has anybody here tried this, and how did that work out?

I haven't read the full thread, so I apologize if I'm repeating a question that was answered earlier. I've heard that for the G license, some cities have a far higher pass rate than others. I imagine that the same thing holds for the motorcycle test. I'm still a year away from eligibility for my M test. I've been thinking of booking my test someplace outside the GTA just to avoid heavy traffic. Guelph or Peterborough come to mind. Has anybody here tried this, and how did that work out?

If you're a year away from eligibility and you're PLANNING to find an easier place to do your test, your priorities are out of order. Your focus should be on skills development and having fun. Enjoy the bike - you've nearly 5 years and no reason to rush. Learn the techniques, practice the skills, enjoy the ride. Learn, practice, enjoy....repeat. Then take the test where you do most of your riding. Even better, take a course to help address any remaining issues before you NEVER have to get tested again.

If you ride in the GTA, why would you want to be tested elsewhere?

Back when I was doing my M2 Exit test the examiner's vehicle lost sight of me on the route. :lmao:
I found this to be pretty hilarious.
So I had to re-take the test same day - a couple hours later.

I must give it to the DriveTest officials though, I found them to be professional, kind and respectful. They don't profile you in a certain way if you show up on a litre bike with pipes loud as hell. I believe, one of the reasons to that is they ride too.
Just be very humble and polite, and it will work out for you.

M2X_RiderLost_zpslo8a72dw.jpg

Edit: there was no charge for the re-test.

Last edited:
You have to make your head movements very pronounced, during the test, rather than swivelling your eyes. The tester can only pick up head movements, not eyes, and it's a good practise at any rate.

Good point. I have a dark helmet and for the exam, I affixed a hi-viz pink happy-face sticker to the back of helmet.

So you want to take the test where they "basically pass everyone" as opposed to doing it in your local area. Do you plan on ONLY riding in little or no traffic? Better to find out your "deficencies" during the test than in a real world crash? The test is designed to be passed by "most", there have been hundreds of thousands of riders pass it before you. nAs long as your a compentent rider then passing is NO issue if your not a competent rider then correct that, rather than look for an "easy out"

Quick question. My friend has a naked r6 that he stripped. Everything is working in order with insurance and everything up to date. Would mto care if it doesnt have the fairings on for M2 -> M road test?

Back when I was doing my M2 Exit test the examiner's vehicle lost sight of me on the route. :lmao:
I found this to be pretty hilarious.
So I had to re-take the test same day - a couple hours later.

I must give it to the DriveTest officials though, I found them to be professional, kind and respectful. They don't profile you in a certain way if you show up on a litre bike with pipes loud as hell. I believe, one of the reasons to that is they ride too.
Just be very humble and polite, and it will work out for you.

M2X_RiderLost_zpslo8a72dw.jpg

Edit: there was no charge for the re-test.

Hahaha nice... I guess you were out of radio range? I lost the MTO vehicle once due to riding through a yellow light. Luckily I was still in range of the walkie talkie.

Quick question. My friend has a naked r6 that he stripped. Everything is working in order with insurance and everything up to date. Would mto care if it doesnt have the fairings on for M2 -> M road test?

Highly doubt it. Fairings or lack-of shouldn't matter. But I would be mindful of any safety features that were originally attached to the fairings like turn signals for example.

Yes, the pesky radio range and its quality. I had a full face helmet on and a plug in one ear, and still I could barely hear their instructions.
Loud piples, plus traffic and wind noise = you have to literally guess what they want you to do.

"When it's safe ...shhhhhhhhh... make a left ...shhhhhhhhh... first ...shhhhhhhhh..." :confused:

So I make a left at first street, look back - there are gone. No radio reception either.
Turns out they wanted me to turn left at first set of lights, not a street.
Awesome.

Hahaha nice... I guess you were out of radio range? I lost the MTO vehicle once due to riding through a yellow light. Luckily I was still in range of the walkie talkie.

Bobble head ✅
Signal at roadside stop ✅
Flash brake lights at exit ✅
Bring tape for helmet and earpiece ✅

Leaving in a bit for my M2X, any last minute advice? And why am I so nervous?

Bobble head ✅
Signal at roadside stop ✅
Flash brake lights at exit ✅
Bring tape for helmet and earpiece ✅

Leaving in a bit for my M2X, any last minute advice? And why am I so nervous?

Because the education system has set us all up to be nervous about ANY test..lol You'll do fine bring Ice Cream for the examiner..lol

Because the education system has set us all up to be nervous about ANY test..lol You'll do fine bring Ice Cream for the examiner..lol

Ice Cream ?✅
Thanks hedo2002!

Back
Top Bottom