Copy of the M Test (M2X) checklist! | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Copy of the M Test (M2X) checklist!

this is not true

CodeBlue said:
Car2Slo said:
While this is completely true, while you are doing your test they must ask you to make a lane change from the most far right lane into one of the middle lanes "when it's safe". Since it's not really ever safe to do this especially when you are only doing the speed limit I recommend that you don't do any lane changes and simply ride along until the examiner asks you to exit the freeway. If they ask why you didn't make a lane change you simply tell him it was not safe. They'll have no choice but to pass you. Unless you do your test when their are absolutely no cars on the highway in which case you can change lanes properly.

This statement isnt true. i just did my exit test on wedn and yes they ask you to change lanes on the hwy from right lane to center lane and back.
instructor said all you need to do is simply cross the dotted line and when in the centre lane stay on the right tire track.

Thanks

Thank you for posting the M test...my husband and I will be taking it in September and this will come in handy

cbrf4igirl

A buddy of mine is doing this test at the Aurora location. Can anyone comment as to the local roads that they used for this test? Did they use the 400 for the highway portion?

Also, when doing the roadside stop, what exactly are you expected to do to pass?

thx

Where do they stop you for the 'emergency road side stop'? Is this a hard braking, pull over to the shoulder deal? And is it typically a soft shoulder, or is it done on a main road?

TopherTJ said:
Where do they stop you for the 'emergency road side stop'? Is this a hard braking, pull over to the shoulder deal? And is it typically a soft shoulder, or is it done on a main road?

No, it's usually a safe, paved road side stop. They give you warning and ask you to stop when it's safe to do so. Usually in an industrial or residential road (for me it was in both).

They are checking that you stop safely. Your bike is secure and will not fall over and is not blocking a driveway, sidewalk or bothering traffic. Also watch out for fire hydrants and no stopping signs. * Don't forget to put your kickstand down as I heard this is the biggest mistake made.

Sorry a little off topic i guess but i saw M2 exit.
Im wondering how long you would have to wait or the deadline from M2
to M. I got my M2 August of 2004. I remember that its different then your regular drivers licence. Is it withing a year and a half from when you first get your M2 that you must get your full M licence.
Help would be much appreciated!

MotoMaxSport said:
Sorry a little off topic i guess but i saw M2 exit.
Im wondering how long you would have to wait or the deadline from M2
to M. I got my M2 August of 2004. I remember that its different then your regular drivers licence. Is it withing a year and a half from when you first get your M2 that you must get your full M licence.
Help would be much appreciated!

If you did the M1 exit course, you need to wait a minimum 18 months, otherwise you need to wait 22 months before testing the M2 exit. Your M2 is valid for 5 years.

If you are learning to ride, going for your M2X or have years of experience, this is a great website that tells you much more information then you can find in courses.

--> http://www.msgroup.org/DISCUSS.asp

Sol said:
I have flushmount front signals... would they be picky about it?

Depends on where the test is done. I had integrated tail lights and shorty stalk fronts on my bike and the examiner was okay with the mods since they could see my signals. As long as the turn signals are noticeable you should be okay.

Of course some examiners may not accept them and then you can use hand signals (makes test all that much harder).

I did the test a couple weeks ago in peterborough and I have flushmount front signals, they didn't have a problem with them.

Hmm. i guess I should be ok. taking the course this wekeend/ I'll try to keep both wheels on the ground.. hehe KIDDING :)

Aurora test questions... wifey is taking her test in a couple of weeks...

I've found the route that they typically take in Aurora, but I've got a couple of questions... the posted speed on Edwards (the street where the fire station is), is 50km/h... what's the speeds on the side streets?... 40?

Also, for the emergency stop... are they looking for just a pull over to the edge of the road and park parallel with the road, or are they looking for you to back the bike against the curb and park on an angle to the road?

hooligan said:
Aurora test questions... wifey is taking her test in a couple of weeks...

I've found the route that they typically take in Aurora, but I've got a couple of questions... the posted speed on Edwards (the street where the fire station is), is 50km/h... what's the speeds on the side streets?... 40?

Also, for the emergency stop... are they looking for just a pull over to the edge of the road and park parallel with the road, or are they looking for you to back the bike against the curb and park on an angle to the road?

All steets are 40 KM/h, unless posted otherwise. You can be safe with doing 40.

For the emergency stop, they'll usually have you do it in a residential area. They are looking for you to signal to the right, pull over in a safe spot (no fire hydrants, or driveways). When you are on the side of the road, keep your signal on, put the kickstand down, get off the bike. Make sure the signal stays signalled to the right.

When you are leaving, turn signal on to left. Really twist your body around to make sure no cars are coming (they want to see an extended effort here). When it's safe, ride off, cancel signal, check mirrors.

Aurora M2 exiting test

could you please tell me some of the major roads they will be taking me? Taking the test in early September.

Thanks,
:)

i did my M2 exit test last week in oshawa.

i practiced off this checklist and the motorcycle handbook.

everything went well.

thanks for posting this up!

Car2Slo said:
Sol said:
I have flushmount front signals... would they be picky about it?

Depends on where the test is done. I had integrated tail lights and shorty stalk fronts on my bike and the examiner was okay with the mods since they could see my signals. As long as the turn signals are noticeable you should be okay.

Of course some examiners may not accept them and then you can use hand signals (makes test all that much harder).

I did my test yesterday on a buddies RR and he has very small white LED's at the back. The first thing the examiner did was ask me to check my indicators and my horn. He said the indicators were marginal at best but let me do the test anyway.

Anyhow, after my first turn out of the parking lot, he radioed that I had to use hand signals for the remainder of the test which sucked as I was already over thinking everything I was doing being under the microscope and all.

Thankfully, I got through but I'd recommend ensuring that if you have aftermarket turn signals, to make sure you can see them to avoid the added headache of using hand signals.

Oh yeah, thank you for this post, it helped. :)

Back
Top Bottom