Copy of the M Test (M2X) checklist! | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Copy of the M Test (M2X) checklist!

9

929rridin

Guest
m test

Yeah it is like what most people are describing. Very easy. As long as you move your head alot for rear view, and keep your road positioning in place you'll do find.

I have inetegrated tail with turn signals and they never even questioned it at all. Just in case other people are in the same boat.

cheers!!
 
T

taco_boo

Guest
Just one more question

This is has been very helpful reading all the experiences that you have provided. I do have one question with regards to the signaling before turns or lane changes. Does the examiner expect you to use hand signals as well as the turning indicators on the bike? Or you don't really have to use the hand signals at all?

I am hopefully going to go for my M2 Exit at Humber College in the Summer and would appreciate the feed back. Again thank you to all who have made this Exit test seem a little less scarier.

Raider :wink:
 

Car2Slo

Well-known member
If your bike's turn signals are visible and functional then you do not need to use hand signals. Hand signals are only needed if your turn signals indicators are broken, missing or poorly visible. Use of signals is upto the discretion of the instructor/examiner.
 
R

RR Rudebwoy

Guest
Re: Just one more question

taco_boo said:
This is has been very helpful reading all the experiences that you have provided. I do have one question with regards to the signaling before turns or lane changes. Does the examiner expect you to use hand signals as well as the turning indicators on the bike? Or you don't really have to use the hand signals at all?

I am hopefully going to go for my M2 Exit at Humber College in the Summer and would appreciate the feed back. Again thank you to all who have made this Exit test seem a little less scarier.

Raider :wink:
As Car2slo said, if your indicators are clearly visible, no hand signals are needed.

On a side note, taco boo's post reminded me of what I, and alot of my friends were thinking before getting the full M. We all thought the ministry test was really hard with a high failure rate and planned on taking one of the weekend courses to avoid the madness.

The ministry test is honestly NOT that difficult if you keep a cool head and be very aware of your actions. My tester literally told me to exaggerate my head movements to clearly show that I was checking my mirrors, blindspot etc.

If you studied the handbook well before riding or took a safety course, ie Centennial etc, and have not deviated and created really bad habits, you should be fine.

Now if you're taking the exit course to get better or to brush up then all the power too ya. Nothing wrong with that course of action either.

Best of luck...
 

hamiltongixxer

Member
Site Supporter
OK.. another stupid question??

ok.. im goin down a city sreet.. two lane (one each direction) and im instructed to turn right.. what is correct approach to this?? Do i move over to the right of the lane, stop (if necessary) and turn right.. or do i keep my blocking position at the center line??

thanx guys.. readin up on this has really helped calm sum nerves
 

Car2Slo

Well-known member
hamiltongixxer said:
OK.. another stupid question??

ok.. im goin down a city sreet.. two lane (one each direction) and im instructed to turn right.. what is correct approach to this?? Do i move over to the right of the lane, stop (if necessary) and turn right.. or do i keep my blocking position at the center line??

thanx guys.. readin up on this has really helped calm sum nerves
Good question, I thought we answered that one.

If I remember correctly (from the test) in Newmarket they had this exact situation. The road was a little wide but only one lane going in each direction. You are suppose to move from the left track (blocking position) over to the right track and make the right turn. This will allow cars to come up next to you but you're making the right turn anyways.
 

mr_squid

Well-known member
this is awesome. I was going to take the course again for the M2X, but after going over all this, I think I'll just go to the ministry.

Slightly off topic here, but does anyone have a link of the G1X test paper? My gf is going for it in May, and I wanna make sure she passes it.

thanks in advance
 
B

Beans

Guest
That was great info, I passed my test easially last week. If you read the hand book and drive like a robot it's easy. The money I saved on paying for the M2 exit is going right towards FAST school next month, a better investment IMHO.
 
I have a question which I am still iffy about.

if you're on a 4 lane road (two lanes in each direction) and you need to make a left turn... (but there is not middle lane for left turns), which part of the lane should you be in prior to make a left? You are still on the main road, because there is no left lane (because you're turning into a driveway/restaurant etc) should you block, and stay on the right side of the lane, even though you are going to turn left ?

or, should you go on the left side of the lane, since you are turning left?


I thought Left, but I second-guess myself because people will just squeeze you out of the lane, whom are waiting behind

I think the answer is left. Any thoughts ?
 

Scudzo_2

Well-known member
scottyc123 said:
if you're on a 4 lane road (two lanes in each direction) and you need to make a left turn... (but there is not middle lane for left turns), which part of the lane should you be in prior to make a left? I thought Left, but I second-guess myself because people will just squeeze you out of the lane, whom are waiting behind. I think the answer is left. Any thoughts ?
Right. (as in not left) :D Always block!
 

too much

Well-known member
Car2Slo said:
Thanks NinjaNikki.

Other usefull information.

- Road test takes about 35-45 minutes.
- You wear a headset and examiner follows behind you giving directions.
- Road test consists of the following driving conditions;
1. Residential / Industrial road (watch for schools, trucks, driveways)
2. Riding on regular road with left, right, intersections.
3. Highway ride with merging, exiting and passing.
4. 1-2 emergency stopping procedures (pulling over to the side of the road and getting off bike)

- Stuff to remember if you're doing the test. All of these identified in above test checklist.
1. Head movement is critical and you need to do traffic checks constantly.
2. Watch bike position and keep in correct blocking position. Also position your bike correctly for left, right turns (differs slightly on single lane and multiple lanes with designated turning lanes)
3. Must use rear brake.
4. Brake light must remain lit when stopped.
5. During stopping left foot should come down, must be solid and not lifted/bounced when stopping, or dragged when starting. (bike always in gear)
I don't get this part with the left foot down and the bike allways in gear. What's wrong with both feet down and having the bike in neutral while waiting for the green light ?
 

hamiltongixxer

Member
Site Supporter
too much said:
Car2Slo said:
Thanks NinjaNikki.

Other usefull information.

- Road test takes about 35-45 minutes.
- You wear a headset and examiner follows behind you giving directions.
- Road test consists of the following driving conditions;
1. Residential / Industrial road (watch for schools, trucks, driveways)
2. Riding on regular road with left, right, intersections.
3. Highway ride with merging, exiting and passing.
4. 1-2 emergency stopping procedures (pulling over to the side of the road and getting off bike)

- Stuff to remember if you're doing the test. All of these identified in above test checklist.
1. Head movement is critical and you need to do traffic checks constantly.
2. Watch bike position and keep in correct blocking position. Also position your bike correctly for left, right turns (differs slightly on single lane and multiple lanes with designated turning lanes)
3. Must use rear brake.
4. Brake light must remain lit when stopped.
5. During stopping left foot should come down, must be solid and not lifted/bounced when stopping, or dragged when starting. (bike always in gear)
I don't get this part with the left foot down and the bike allways in gear. What's wrong with both feet down and having the bike in neutral while waiting for the green light ?
the reason being is that if a vehicle came up behind you that was either out of control or could not stop, with your bike in gear, you're more prepared to evade the situation
 

hamiltongixxer

Member
Site Supporter
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

TO ALL YOU GUYS.. FOR ALL YOUR HELP...

I WENT TO THE TEST TODAY AND KILLED!!!!! PASSED WITH FLYIN COLORS!!!

THANX AGAIN!!!

DALE
 

Car2Slo

Well-known member
too much said:
Car2Slo said:
.
5. During stopping left foot should come down, must be solid and not lifted/bounced when stopping, or dragged when starting. (bike always in gear)
I don't get this part with the left foot down and the bike allways in gear. What's wrong with both feet down and having the bike in neutral while waiting for the green light ?
You should always be in gear so you can evade any traffic that comes from behind.

As for the left foot coming down, I did not mean that only your left can come down. You bring it down first to show that you are also using your rear brake but once the bike has come to a complete stop you can bring both feet down. Make sure you always have your brake on (right hand) and always be in gear ready to move. This is all for the test, when riding in real life do what makes sense.

P.S. I've read and seen in practice that the rear brake is better to use, then the front, during slow speeds. If you only use the front brake then there is a chance that you can lock the front and drop the bike if going slow. Keep that in mind if you've been "mentored" to only use the front brake and never the rear. Of course at high speed please use the front for maximum stopping power.
 

Car2Slo

Well-known member
scottyc123 said:
I am thinking number 2 now.... any votes which is best for the full M test
Second (2) description is the correct placement. Be in blocking position when turing left.
 
Has Anyone done the M2 Exit exam at Downsview before? I would like to scout out the route prior, just so there are no surprises.

Any info would be great; got the test on Wednesday
 

blue-j

Member
exit test

Hi,

Hey, if you're willing to go to Oshawa, you can take the test almost immediately ( Wednesdays seem to be the only day).

Anyone know how much the road test costs?

Thanks,

Blue-J
 

Top Bottom