Contemplating a new ride for 2020. Suggestions? | Page 8 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Contemplating a new ride for 2020. Suggestions?

Dude, you're the only bike in that pic. Even your wife didn't want her pic taken with you. There's not a bike on the street.

My wife wasn't even there, so yeah, there's that. We were there the week before Sturgis which is why it was quiet, and if you'd actually ever been past your local Tim Hortons on your bike, much less to Sturgis, you'd know where that sign is located is actually waaaayy off the strip so yeah, at 7PM at night when the coffee shop the sign is located at is closed, yep, it was nice and empty which made for great photos.

Come on, is that the best you've got? ;)

Maybe we'll see you around Timmies with your all HD friends :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Or not,
Enjoy!

I avoid Tim Hortons like the plague. Aside from their dirty dishwater coffee, I am definitely not a Hortons Choice parking lot poseur member. If I do go there it's for a piss break and little more. Only for actual coffee out of sheer desperation.

Did you test ride, PP?

On pIckup day. Road conditions not good enough yesterday.

Like I stated earlier my buddy loves the first season so far on his Vaquero so I'm sure you'll be happy with the model you chose and your needs from it.

Like I stated earlier my buddy loves the first season so far on his Vaquero so I'm sure you'll be happy with the model you chose and your needs from it.

Thx. I also have a friend on a Vaquero and he seems to love it. I do actually like the style of the fairing on it a little better (sans foglights) but I really wanted the full dresser this time around - he took it out west to do route66 last summer and I know storage was a big issue for him.

Thx. I also have a friend on a Vaquero and he seems to love it. I do actually like the style of the fairing on it a little better (sans foglights) but I really wanted the full dresser this time around - he took it out west to do route66 last summer and I know storage was a big issue for him.
It amazes me that baggers don't have a lot of storage. I think a Vaquero is 19+19=38l, a Voyageur adds another 50 for a total of 88l -- factory bags and topcase on a Vstrom are 30+40+42=112l. Same goes for fuel capacity, 20 l is gonna go about 300km, on a Vstrom (same 20l capacity) gonna provide a range of 470km.

The vaq and voyager side bags are 38L each and the voyagers top box is 50L. 126L total .

Most guys report getting around 38MPG (6.1L/100KM) with 40 (5.8) pretty easy to hit in secondary highway (IE, not 401/interstate) riding, so with that 20L tank, yep, between 300-325KM

However most Vstrom guys show an average of 48MPG (4.9L/100KM) so 470KM is pretty optimistic, more like 375 realistically, 400 if you're cruising on fumes. It is of course a much smaller more aerodynamic bike, so that's not surprising in comparison however.

The vaq and voyager side bags are 38L each and the voyagers top box is 50L. 126L total .

Most guys report getting around 38MPG (6.1L/100KM) with 40 (5.8) pretty easy to hit in secondary highway (IE, not 401/interstate) riding, so with that 20L tank, yep, between 300-325KM

However most Vstrom guys show an average of 48MPG (4.9L/100KM) so 470KM is pretty optimistic, more like 375 realistically, 400

However most Vstrom guys show an average of 48MPG (4.9L/100KM) so 470KM is pretty optimistic, more like 375 realistically, 400 if you're cruising on fumes. It is of course a much smaller more aerodynamic bike, so that's not surprising in comparison however.
You might doublecheck those side bags. 18x12x6” is about 19l per side. I don’t have one to measure so I used the volume listed on Kawis site and the measurements found on Amazon.ca —I might be wrong.

As for Vstrom mileage, 4.9 in the city, on the road I my best is 3.9l/100, average is 4.3. I’ve gone over 500km on a full tank twice.

Check out the "integrated Luggage" section. I can't copy/paste from that website for some reason, but all the different websites have the same stats - 38L each and 50L top box, which reportedly holds 2 full face helmets easily.

I can attest to the side bags being sizeable.

Another review mentioning 38L

Compared to the 24L factory bags that were on my VTX they alone are a big improvement for storage, not to mention the top box.

Yes, I'll probably still end up with a small bag strapped to the passenger seat for super long trips, but anything under a week now shouldn't require much.

wondering what's in here
primary drive I assume?
so trans is not integral?
chain primary drive?

pd2rylW.jpg

It amazes me that baggers don't have a lot of storage. I think a Vaquero is 19+19=38l, a Voyageur adds another 50 for a total of 88l -- factory bags and topcase on a Vstrom are 30+40+42=112l. Same goes for fuel capacity, 20 l is gonna go about 300km, on a Vstrom (same 20l capacity) gonna provide a range of 470km.
156L storage capacity on the Victory Cross Country/Magnum with the tour top box. Most of the time I only needed my side bags as they were huge.
22L fuel tank would get me well over 400km on a tank (and usually closer to 500km).
Extra bonus is it wasn't as hideous as a Vstrom.

Extra bonus is it wasn't as hideous as a Vstrom...
I hear you on that.

Look at the upside of riding a Victory Magnum -- you'd only see the tail lights of a Vstrom -- and only for a few seconds till it was out of view.

Last edited:
must be winter.... :coffee:

Some guy didn't wave at me when he rode past me earlier.

I swear on synthetic oil, the guys who use non synthetic are tools.

Loud pipes save lives.

My iPhone is better than your Android.

Harleys suck and break down.

Metrics are cheap pieces of junk.

BMW riders are all manbun sorts.

Tim Hortons coffee sucks.

Stupid lazy millennials.

I'm offended because of something something or something.

?

Loud pipes save lives.

Stupid lazy millennials.

Don’t forget the advantages of dark siding it! Lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wow! Exhausting playing catch up with this thread but it ended how I figured it would. You're like me, too much of a Japanese fanboy to end up on a Harley. The japanese bikes are just too reliable, too affordable and too good to pass up when you let the big head make the decisions. I guessed you'd end up on the Voyager when you started this thread. IMO, it's the top Japanese bike in the segment and ticks off the most boxes you laid out at the start. I'm not a big cruiser, vtwin tourer fan but if I were looking for that type of bike the Voyager would be top of my list. Well, maybe second behind a really well maintained Valkyrie interstate. You'll be racking up the miles in style and comfort as soon as the weather changes. Enjoy!

Loud pipes save lives.

Stupid lazy millennials.

?

GTAM in a nutshell.

Picked it up on Tuesday. Got tired of waiting for a weather window so a buddy trailered it home for me.

Got out for a ride yesterday evening for about 20 minutes. Just far enough to shake everything down and get a feel for it. So far I'm loving it.

Looking forward to a longer ride come Sunday - forecast is looking solid.

Nothing beats GIVI luggage. I had E41 side cases and a V46 top case (128L) on my Bandit 600. I swapped the V46 onto my ST1300 but I still don't have as much as I did on my Bandit. The factory panniers on an ST are 35L each and the shape, while much more pleasing to the eye, is less convenient than the Givi cases. Factory luggage will never compete with bolt-on aftermarket luggage because the factory luggage always take style over substance while Givi just makes enormous cases that bolt on and don't really worry about the looks.

Back
Top Bottom