Conspiracy theories... really? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Conspiracy theories... really?

polo

Sadly, yesterday an off duty police officer lost his life while riding a motorcycle. There is a thread in Fallen riders where you may pass along your condolences.

I want to point out that yesterday I had a discussion with another rider, and it went like this:

him- "here comes another crackdown"
me- "why"
him- "the cops are gonna be ****** one of their own died, so now there gonna be pulling over all riders, hassling them, etc"
me- "i dont think so"
him- "yeah, they'll impose another law and punish riders. they'll cover this up, etc"
me- "this isn't the first rider to die this year"
him- "yeah but it's the first cop to die riding. now it'll matter and riding will be viewed as something bad and it'll be oppressed"
me- "I don't think this is the first off duty police officer to ever die riding. The worlds a lot older than you"
- I then went on to say this isn't a dictatorship, just wait for cerfew, i joked around, made fun of his paranoia and whatnot, and that was that. But he was pretty serious about the retaliation

He's probably gonna read this and be ******, think i'm jerk, but that's ok, i mean no offence to anyone and this thread is for entertainment purposes only. And i wanted to please get your opinions.

Now, I know HTA 172 is crazy and no one likes it, and rightfully so, but really? Crack down on riders cuz a policy officer unfortunately dies while riding? Say what you want about Canadian politics, but we're not that draconian. And I would like to give police officers more credit than that.

Like public enemy said, don't! do-do-don't! don't! don't belive the hype!

Thanks for reading. Let's try to keep it clean.

Sadly, yesterday an off duty police officer lost his life while riding a motorcycle. There is a thread in Fallen riders where you may pass along your condolences.

I want to point out that yesterday I had a discussion with another rider, and it went like this:

him- "here comes another crackdown"
me- "why"
him- "the cops are gonna be ****** one of their own died, so now there gonna be pulling over all riders, hassling them, etc"
me- "i dont think so"
him- "yeah, they'll impose another law and punish riders. they'll cover this up, etc"
me- "this isn't the first rider to die this year"
him- "yeah but it's the first cop to die riding. now it'll matter and riding will be viewed as something bad and it'll be oppressed"
me- "I don't think this is the first off duty police officer to ever die riding. The worlds a lot older than you"
- I then went on to say this isn't a dictatorship, just wait for cerfew, i joked around, made fun of his paranoia and whatnot, and that was that. But he was pretty serious about the retaliation

He's probably gonna read this and be ******, think i'm jerk, but that's ok, i mean no offence to anyone and this thread is for entertainment purposes only. And i wanted to please get your opinions.

Now, I know HTA 172 is crazy and no one likes it, and rightfully so, but really? Crack down on riders cuz a policy officer unfortunately dies while riding? Say what you want about Canadian politics, but we're not that draconian. And I would like to give police officers more credit than that.

Like public enemy said, don't! do-do-don't! don't! don't belive the hype!

Thanks for reading. Let's try to keep it clean.
Wouldn't a crackdown on trucks make more sense, since early reports seem to indicate the truck was at fault?
Since the officer was off duty and not in uniform, it's highly unlikely that the police community at large would view it as an assault on them, just a sad event that killed a colleague.
Your friend sounds a tad paranoid.

Wouldn't a crackdown on trucks make more sense, since early reports seem to indicate the truck was at fault?
Since the officer was off duty and not in uniform, it's highly unlikely that the police community at large would view it as an assault on them, just a sad event that killed a colleague.
Your friend sounds a tad paranoid.

I don't know..the facts aren't all there yet. The truck driver hasn't been charged I don't believe. So excessive speed might be an issue. I don't think any conclusions can be drawn as yet.

If anything, cops are more likely to step up enforcement to all drivers/riders. I don't think they'll put any more focus on one or the other.

Aggressive driving, speeding, distracted driving etc.

I don't know..the facts aren't all there yet. The truck driver hasn't been charged I don't believe. So excessive speed might be an issue. I don't think any conclusions can be drawn as yet.
That's what I was saying.

And to nakkers' comment, I'd love to see the greater enforcement of reckless driving. Like the saying goes, there's never a cop when you need one, but the moment you do something wrong, it never fails...

From what I understand the cop was riding a HD, so cr@p they will be cracking down on HD riders, Nakkers, Cat13, Lucky, Gummiente and all other HD riders,,, stay low this week, ride your e-bikes LOL

That's what I was saying.

And to nakkers' comment, I'd love to see the greater enforcement of reckless driving. Like the saying goes, there's never a cop when you need one, but the moment you do something wrong, it never fails...

I didn't see it on the news but my dad was telling me that the bike literally exploded on impact... I know the road and that kind of thing doesn't happen at the speeds on that road. Methinks some reckless driving was at play from the bikers side of things. And I say that with understanding some of you may not find such a thing tasteful to say regardless if its the truth or not.

This reminds me of a story my Dad told me when he met with some city councillors from Belleville Ontario. In an off topic conversation they started claiming that the Ontario Government was passing laws that made it more difficult for small cities to get infrastructure funding. The councillors were all swearing up and down that it was because the Ontario Government had it out for Belleville because Belleville had done this thing and that thing back in the day, and now Ontario parliament was out to get them. My Dad politely looked the loudest of them in the face and said 'Do you really think that the MPP's could even find Belleville on a map'. People tend to believe that others are always thinking about them.

****Edit, my dad has nothing to do with provincial or municipal politics, he just happened to be working with some councillors when this conversation came up.

I would think the police would do a crack down on distracted drivers in their cages.

From what I understand the cop was riding a HD, so cr@p they will be cracking down on HD riders, Nakkers, Cat13, Lucky, Gummiente and all other HD riders,,, stay low this week, ride your e-bikes LOL

He was riding his Suzuki M109 cruiser, not HD.

I'm not sure I see your friend's connection between an off-duty cop dying on his motorcycle and cracking down on other riders. It just sounds like an easy excuse to go off about cops and 172, blahblahblah.

when I was riding this bike I had people tell me it was a nice looking harley.

IMG_1228.JPG

1980's
Double overhead cams
4 Valves per cylinder (4 cylinders)
Dual front discs
Shaft drive ....
That would have been an awesome Harley

When they first aired it on the news on scene they stated the rider realized he didn't have room to go around the truck and he locked up the brakes and ended up dumping the bike. He ended up hitting the right rear tire of the truck and the bike exploded on impact thereby catching him on fire as well. The rider apparently left a skid mark the length of a football field.

Its was an accident. That why they call them such. Cop, preist, who cares, it's a human being. sheesh

Back
Top Bottom