Conspicuity lighting | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Conspicuity lighting

You need to get out later to really see the effect. That Benjamin Road?

I have been really happy with the stock LED headlights on my GS, best lights I have ever had but always want more when nighttime comes. Was thinking of adding the D4's or the D7's for maximum brightness.
Yes, Benjamin road. LED's are superior for sure. The little Honda rally i had last year had an LED headlight that was almost as good as my goldwing.

I bought my kit from Dual Sport Plus. Great guys to deal with and the shipping was free.

Have tried contact Dual Sport Plus a few times but they have never returned any of my email inquiries. They were always slow but would always get back to me in a day or two with the previous owners, who were fantastic and stood behind everything they did. I have been shopping elsewhere as they did not seem to have any interest in my business to simply reply to a question about some items I wanted to purchase.

Have tried contact Dual Sport Plus a few times but they have never returned any of my email inquiries. They were always slow but would always get back to me in a day or two with the previous owners, who were fantastic and stood behind everything they did. I have been shopping elsewhere as they did not seem to have any interest in my business to simply reply to a question about some items I wanted to purchase.
Know what you mean. I won't do business via e-mail.A phone call with a name is much more likely to get better service. When i recieve a package i always try to followup with a phone call to to say thanks for the good service. People remember that!

D4's with amber Trioptic lenses.

Low beam.
30c4e1f5-b655-4db3-a4ea-503b7d89c861-original.jpg

Hi beam
dc253da6-2cc9-4db3-8a9b-d9993a8531ce-original.jpg

Reactions: J_F
Know what you mean. I won't do business via e-mail.A phone call with a name is much more likely to get better service. When i recieve a package i always try to followup with a phone call to to say thanks for the good service. People remember that!
Yes, for me these things come up at work so I whip off an email rather then sit on hold or try and explain what I am talking about.

I was about to order these
DENALI DRL Daytime Running Lights Kit with Universal Fender Mounting Kit | Amber or White - TwistedThrottle.ca but after reading about the bad experiences with twisted throttle and the fact they charge almost $25 for shipping with the chance of duties on top of that made me look around.

Found them here with free shipping but they only have the white ones and I wanted amber as I'm losing the running lights with changing my turn signals.

Question is, which is better for low mounted lights, white or amber? I think the amber would be much more visible in daylight, but even white is better than nothing. Or am I thinking about it too much?

Last edited:
Can't imagine any difference I would the white as the light will be useable at night.

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

How about a headlight modulator, or a modulator for whichever auxiliary lights you decide on.

Yes get additional lights, modulator too.

I've been using a modulator for almost 15 years. Never had anyone come even close to turning left in front of me. Use at intersections and other situations where you want to stand out. Don't run with it on 100% of the time

Last edited:
I prefer amber for auxiliary lighting. It stands out more in a sea of white headlights. Nighttime is not an issue; on my car I changed out the standard incandescent fog lights for amber LEDs and in combination with the headlights, I like them.

Thanks for posting those links to the lights @i-WERKS and @PFD023. This might become my winter project, I have been wanting aux lighting for a while.
Curious what did you use to attached the lights to the bike? If you have links that would be a great help!

I prefer amber for auxiliary lighting. It stands out more in a sea of white headlights. Nighttime is not an issue; on my car I changed out the standard incandescent fog lights for amber LEDs and in combination with the headlights, I like them.
Same here. I bought a roll of yellow film and did the auxilliary lights on both bikes. The film is perfect and but to get a strong yellow tint I had to put 2 layers. Worked fantastic.

Thanks for posting those links to the lights @i-WERKS and @PFD023. This might become my winter project, I have been wanting aux lighting for a while.
Curious what did you use to attached the lights to the bike? If you have links that would be a great help!
I just removed the side reflector and bolted the lights onto that bracket. The DR has a decent bracket. My ST1300 had a crappy bracket which over time didn't work out well with the weight of the lights. I've since purchased a bracket specifically designed for the ST...world of difference. The led's were clear but I purchased yellow film to put over them....works unbelieveable. My photos are too large to attach.

I used this to mount to my crash bars

These modulators, there are so many options out there which one is preferred for a motorcycle? And about only using it when necessary, do they come with a switch for that?

I saw a motorcycle once with a flickering headlight and thought there was something wrong with it, but it did get my attention.

Back
Top Bottom