Classed Cancelled M1 nearly expired | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Classed Cancelled M1 nearly expired

I’m not usually one to preach too much....but you are taking a massive risk by riding around without a license. Sure the risk is low, but one ****** off neighbour and your parking lot practice can turn into a whole world of pain (insurance and license wise).

be smart about it, and discrete and you should be fine. If you can trailer the bike to some abandoned lot out of sight, out of mind.

@sailormoonheadass if you get caught on a motorcycle without a license, it affects your car license and car insurance.

Ok didn't realize it could affect my car insurance. Last time i do that.

How about walking the bike over to a park and practicing in a lot? Could I still get nabbed doin that
The charge is drive with no insurance, it effects everything. If found guilty; The next time your car insurer pulls your record they are going to see it and probably cancel your policy. Then it will affect things for probably 6 years or more.

What car insurers/bike insurers don’t care about is claims. The bike policy insurers don’t care if you have a claim on your car and visa versa.

Walking your bike on public roads/areas is perfectly legal. Technically the highway traffic act doesn’t extend to parking lots, but no plate may catch the attention of people or police. So just be ready to have that conversation.

Finally, @mimico_polak makes a good point that I always tell my students during in class portion of m1 exit. You only have 1 license, boating, car, bike, truck. In some cases it may not be all on one document, but in the government system it’s all 1 digital document. So if you’re out boating/drinking and get caught by say OPP doing checks, you’d probably get busted for DUI/open container. If your license is suspended it will absolutely suspend your driving privileges as well and of course visa versa.

Food for thought, the government don’t play!

Ok didn't realize it could affect my car insurance. Last time i do that.

How about walking the bike over to a park and practicing in a lot? Could I still get nabbed doin that
Yes you can be charged if you are riding a uninsured motorcycle on any property you do not own. Hiway traffic act doesn't apply but insurance act does with the effect on a 5g minimum fine.

Sent from my Chesterfield using my thumbs

Back
Top Bottom