Classed Cancelled M1 nearly expired | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Classed Cancelled M1 nearly expired

Hey man, I was also supposed to take the M2 course in St. catharines april 24/25, do you know whats going on and how they are going to be booking them when/if we get out of this stupid lockdown?
Please PM me.

I got an email from my course which was this month. I don’t think we will get our m2 anytime soon. I’m in the same situation .
View attachment 48208
Yeahh I got a similar one. Who are you taking it with? I really hope they can get an exemption because it makes no sense to cancel something like this. Everyone’s outside spaces apart in a parking lot. Hopefully Ford gets his act together. Ontario politics are crazy right now lol

Yeahh I got a similar one. Who are you taking it with? I really hope they can get an exemption because it makes no sense to cancel something like this. Everyone’s outside spaces apart in a parking lot. Hopefully Ford gets his act together. Ontario politics are crazy right now lol
I took it with mtohp. I feel your frustration bro .
Commercial truck licenses are still running but not motorcycle. This is just dumb.

Honestly, here’s my opinion. The majority of deaths were in long term care homes which are vaccinated now, I say start to open with measures in place like we did last summer. Not many cases are coming from restaurants or gyms. And in gyms are young 20-30 Ye olds really gonna be in the icu? Most likely not. I think at this point the only thing lockdowns are doing is pissing people off and now you have all these protests happening all over so doesn’t seem like it’s working anyways. But idk, I’m not a professional, this is just my opinion. Seems like dougie is only doing what he needs to be re elected

I think it'd be a relatively safe bet to assume they'll get the courses going again some time this summer at least.

poh7y7Ofj

Man this stuff is such a bummer :/ convinced my friend to finally get a bike a few months ago (after many years) - and he can’t even get insured with an M1 because young/Toronto. If there’s only one reason I want lockdown to lift for, it’s for everyone trying to get out and ride this summer :( I’d be crushed right now - frankly my bike is the only thing that got me through last years lockdown without completely losing my mind.

Yeah man honestly im gonna be so ****** if my June 5-6 class is cancelled. Not down to wait until the end of summer. Honestly don't even see the risk. Go walk down any street in Toronto on a weekend and you're 10x more exposed

from what I understand, the issue is less so with the courses and more so with the ministry in general. I think MC licensing is too small a for them to give individual attention to, so it’s bundled in with auto licensing, where people are sitting in vehicles with strangers. It’s super frustrating that it’s viewed like that (someone correct me if I’m wrong). I also heard that it’s in part because gov employees aren’t in the office as much so they aren’t able to process licenses? Again not sure if true, but I heard that from some people.

fingers crossed you get on the road this year. At least ride July-October type thing.

I can’t imagine how long car licensing is being extended for. I’ll probably only be able to do my G in like... 8-10 years I imagine...

M1 exit courses are typically 20 students.

unlikely unless we get specific exemptions, which im being told we are lobbying for.

I feel bad for those of you who booked too early, got cancelled and have to rebook in Aug, Sept, Oct.
what do you mean? I had my M2 training practice booked for april 24th of last month. THERE IS NO WAY IN HELL THEY GONNA CANCEL IT AND MAKE ME DO IT IN SEPT AND WAIT IN LINE AGAIN.

Priority will be or should be given to people who are already signed up...even if it opens again in June. If June it is open, April classses should go first and down the line...

what do you mean? I had my M2 training practice booked for april 24th of last month. THERE IS NO WAY IN HELL THEY GONNA CANCEL IT AND MAKE ME DO IT IN SEPT AND WAIT IN LINE AGAIN.

Priority will be or should be given to people who are already signed up...even if it opens again in June. If June it is open, April classses should go first and down the line...
I’m not sure who you’re signed up with, but that sounds like the way RTI Is doing it? They keep bumping people back in the order of when they signed up I believe.

Curious how they are staying afloat... I imagine there’s some serious income loss given the fact they can’t actually run lessons.. unless they just got all their funding from the enrolments and are hanging out waiting for free?

Up here there are people still in queue who were signed up for last year.

M2X tests require two people in the car testing the bike - one driver, and one doing the evaluation.
If the two people are in the same household, you could potentially run an undersized M2X course at this point.
Otherwise, you're SOL.

M1X courses have anywhere from ten to a hundred or so students. Usually, two coaches per group of ten, and sometimes a co-ordinator or two. There may also be retest students on the lot at some point, so having an outdoor limit of five, doesn't really cut it, unless an enterprising school wants to raise rates to compensate. Doing three students per weekend, wouldn't be much throughput.

I'm sure there are people lobbying the government to open the courses, but it wouldn't hurt to ask your M.P.P. about it.

I see kids and dudes riding around in a
Yea i signed up with RTI that is the way theyre doing it. I guess all we can do is hope. Its the one thing I was looking forward to doing this year... since there is nothing to do this year lol.

This whole thing about the ministry lumping motorcycle and auto tests regulation is ********. Sorry guys have to vent.
It was hard enough to book and wait 2 months when I already have the damn bike. Such a damn buzzkill.

I may or may not have been putting around my neighborhood and local parking lots with no plate and fixing up the body work in my spare time hehe.

Some before and after pics (fairings were just all sorts of messed up mismatched spray paint. Not gonna buy new ones until I sell this bike eventually.

View attachment 48896 View attachment 48895
what bike is this and im driving around in parking lots too at night with no plates.

CBR250R. Thing is it gets dicey don't wanna get in trouble for riding around and get caught by the cops or have someone rat on me or to get hurt with no insurance lol.

Only did it a couple times not really worth the risk. Then again I've seen riders on the 400 series highways recently completely plateless but they usually have bigger bikes.
yah same here. I see these ppl on dirt bikes driving on roads and across community parks with no licene plates at all...idk if thats legal or not but man. I got a cbr500r as my first bike and same situation as you.

Yep, be smart guys.
You get caught like that the price you’d be paying to insure even a car would make you wish you’d just paid for insurance as an m1 license holder.

Back
Top Bottom