Church Burnings - Are these Hate Crimes? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Church Burnings - Are these Hate Crimes?

Mad Mike

1625832790181.png

I'm tired of seeing churches burned with impunity. While I get the connection and understand the Indigenous distaste for some religions however burning churches to me is intolerable.

Imagine if Palestine Canadians decided the same fate should fall upon synagogues? Or Pakastini-Sikh Canadians decided start burning Mosques? Or Canadian kids who suffered at the hands of Canadian clergy decided to burn churches?

I'm all for peaceful protests. I'm all for Indigenous communities petitioning churches to remove their unused buildings -- I'm not for church burnings.

It’s not a hate crime because it’s against the white religion and white people who committed the atrocities. /s

Hate crimes can only be committed against minorities for some reason. If it goes the other way you’re a racist. Double standard.

It’s ridiculous how people can burn down churches, and have literally zero repercussions for this. I may be wrong but I’ve not heard of anyone getting arrested and charged with arson for these.

I agree with you. This is not cool and shouldn’t be tolerated but somehow is acceptable.

It's frustration that has reached the boiling point. The protests have done nothing but bring empty promises. I would not surprised to see even a tiny protest like the one happening in the park beside my neighborhood go violent.
It's time for action from the leaders.

I agree with you. This is not cool and shouldn’t be tolerated but somehow is acceptable.

I'm seriously mixed on this because I used to identify as Catholic until I played a bunch of video games that used Catholic crusades in a hyperbole fashion. Researching that stuff led to some pretty bleak historical accounts.

We shouldn't be burning them down, but the Catholic church should dissolve itself out of shame for preaching hypocrisy.

I'm seriously mixed on this because I used to identify as Catholic until I played a bunch of video games that used Catholic crusades in a hyperbole fashion. Researching that stuff led to some pretty bleak historical accounts.

We shouldn't be burning them down, but the Catholic church should dissolve itself out of shame for preaching hypocrisy.
I’m not going to burn down Greek Orthodox churches for what the Ukrainians and Russians did to the Polaks. But maybe I’m normal…or not.

Well it all depends.... Are they being burned in retribution by the people they victimized for what they did or are they being burned by the church itself to destroy evidence of the atrocities?

I’m not going to burn down Greek Orthodox churches for what the Ukrainians and Russians did to the Polaks. But maybe I’m normal…or not.

Same. But I'm assuming we both have careers and are doing fairly well in life. Bet the ppl burning down **** aren't doing so well lol

100% a hate crime.
I'm atheist and think religion is the source of most of the world's problems maybe second to politics and social media.
but even then I don't think this is okay. people forget that a christian, muslim, etc. is not their religion.
the people and families finding solace going to church, mosque, synagogue are just that, people.
unless that building/religion is directly preaching violence or harmful views, there is absolutely no right or reason to burn down their place of worship.

Stuff like these church burnings just reinforce any prejudices that existed and any progress that was made in altering those prejudices takes a step back.

Do they really think this is helping the situation? Not for me it isn't.

People need to stop blaming the present for things that happened in the past ... just as the future shouldn't be blaming today for things that are happening now.

I dunno, I just don't even want to understand this anymore. It's like killing Hitler's great grandson, what does it solve at this point?
Yes, know it's a church and not a person and I also don't know (or care) if Hitler has a great grandson.
Just trying to make a simple comparison to make a simple point.

Pretty sure these kind of fires aren't new. Media is definitely focused on it. Local ctv news seems to have reports of fires in the Caledonia/Oshwekon area on a regular basis.
The church fires out west are new tho. I think.

did a bit more reading and that church is an old Polish church….over 100 years old.

am I racist / bad person for calling the arsonist ******* idiots?
that-s-racist-magnet-3.gif

That's a hate crime. Please report yourself to the nearest rcmp office for processing.

Meanwhile in canada....

Indigenous woman yells 'I hate white people' while punching caucasian, but it's not a hate crime: Judge
Stuff like this and I can see how many can become disenfranchised and begin resenting minorities as we are setting up a double standard. Now try a white person do the same to a minority….

Quota for 50/50 male and female, and 50/50 for white and minorities are great in theory. But now you’re literally filling a quote with a candidate and overlooking more qualified people simply because they won’t fill your quota.

• Haha
Reactions: LBV
I'm on my critical thinking podium again.

I was born into Catholicism and never experienced any abuse but I was never in any 24/7 Catholic organization. My non Catholic wife took piano lessons from a nun as a child and there are no fond memories. No abuse just a hard nosed attitude.

I dabbled in evangelism for a while and after sampling a few religions and hanging with people that had different views I have decided to believe in God. If you're Muslim you might call him Allah, if I was French I'd call him Dieu

It's like God is a naked hamburger. What you put on it defines your religion. Some want the works, some just mustard, your call. If you believe a burger tastes better with onions and tomato, go for it. Don't tell me how to dress mine.

The critical thinking part is recognizing that men wrote the scriptures. Men are not perfect.

Critically think about what you hear and compare it to reality. Many phrases are so smooth coming off the tongue that a charismatic person can use them to twist your mind.

This is a prime example of what turned me off.

People miss the part where one is to humble themselves before God.
Him: "I want to stand when I talk to God"
I was taught to pray on my knees. The tower of Babylon was destroyed by God because the Babylonians were trying to get up to God's level. All BS.

As far as the church burnings go this whole hidden graves thing has gotten off the rails and I'd probably get death threats if the media published my views.

I am deeply concerned that there were serious wrong doings, even atrocities with the children. The fact that they were taken from their parents in mass was wrong.

HOWEVER, to my knowledge there have been no exhumations or autopsies. But we are ready to hang everyone involved. We hate HTA 172 because of punishment before trial. Shouldn't we wait for some semblance of proof for the graves as well?

I'm not saying there wasn't wrong doing. All I'm saying is let's not HTA 172 this.

The critical thinking part is fighting the media. Not every biker is a thug or maniac. Not every priest is a pervert. However sensational stories sell ad time. Ad time is money. Anyone got a billion dollars to start a news service that few will follow because it's not sensational?

The Museum of Civilization in Gatineau was designed by Canadian Aboriginal architect Douglas Cardinal. He is well known internationally for other works. He went to a Indian Residential School and spoke well of it.

Hell, who wants to hear about that. It's a boring documentary.

If any politician pointed out there were some good schools he would be vilified.

We, IMO, are trapped between a greedy media and pandering government. The brainwashing is nearly complete.

Practice critical thinking.

When someone says "Don't worry." Start worrying. Same for "Trust me"

Whatever you do, don't drink the Koolaid.

Practice critical thinking today. Challenge something you hear that sounded smooth coming off the tongue.

A friend was a very successful commercial photographer in New York. He told me that when a photo in an ad is printed not one pixel just happened to be there. Each and every detail is picked to maximize impact. The model's ethnicity, age, makeup, hairdo, wardrobe, jewelry, expression, what they're carrying, how they carry it, the background, how they're looking at someone. If you look at an ad critically for long enough you start thinking "I see what they're doing"

For less than ten dollars a day I can remind you to think critically. Plus shipping and handling. Think about that.

Stuff like this and I can see how many can become disenfranchised and begin resenting minorities as we are setting up a double standard. Now try a white person do the same to a minority….

Quota for 50/50 male and female, and 50/50 for white and minorities are great in theory. But now you’re literally filling a quote with a candidate and overlooking more qualified people simply because they won’t fill your quota.

It's happening in tech too. The racism towards whites is obvious there, but subtle racism is towards Asians because "we're over represented in software"

....how about we passed the ******* filter tests on www.leetcode.com and if you can't, get out!

But noooo, now there's special interview processes and courses for anyone not white or Asian.

Think somebody needs to drop a big hammer to a bunch of media outlets.

I'm not saying there wasn't wrong doing. All I'm saying is let's not HTA 172 this.

This **** is beyond me but our current situation was predicted a while ago. I do think the guys burning down churches need to get the book thrown at them. In order for society to function, which is just a set game with rules, we need to play by the same rules; we don't need a different set of rules for every god damn permutation.

Last edited:
I was told not to apply for a job I wanted because ‘we don’t have enough females on that team….don’t bother’

Female got the role. Not saying she’s not qualified, but being told that before I even applied was frustrating.

50/50 for white and minorities are great in theory. But now you’re literally filling a quote with a candidate and overlooking more qualified people simply because they won’t fill your quota.
Not even good enough as a starting point. Why does white deserve 50 and every other colour has to split 50? Does each colour/race deserve equal share (5% each?). What counts as a distinct group deserving balancing? Should percentages be based on historical territory (if so when as that is in constant flux)? I hate most of these attempts to balance by the numbers as it is doomed to produce almost the worse possible result (people selected by colour/race not ability). As much as I dislike interviews run by HR, that could be a reasonable way to separate ancestry and hiring. Working department sets the criteria (education, required skills, etc) and HR (who are presumably less biased about ancestry but maybe not) administers the search. Maybe HR passes three candidates to the department as A,B and C with scores, notes, etc but no names/schools attended/etc that would allow department to try to select based on ancestry.

Back
Top Bottom