Votes: 33 86.8%
  • Pro life

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Undecided

Votes: 4 10.5%

• Total voters

killvino

In light of Texas' new abortion law.
I've heard a few arguments for both sides and want to hear more thoughts on this.
What do you consider a person? Does it need to have a heartbeat, does it need to be capable of thought (developed brain)?
To me, it is a complex topic. I know we are mostly guys on this forum, hopefully the ladies can chime in their thoughts.
I will say that I am generally pro-choice but where do you draw the line?

Please be civil.

Wow…opening a bit of a can of worms here. This can get so political so quick.

Im personally pro-choice. But this new 10k ‘bounty’ is ludicrous. I don’t know enough about it but any whiff of reporting people going to an abortion for a reward is ridiculous.

Mind you…a woman is pregnant and wants 10k. Gets reported. Person that reports gets 10k, girl ‘changes’ her mind because she gets convinced abortion is wrong…profit!?

EDIT: Humans are very inventive when it comes to financial rewards… Perverse incentive - Wikipedia

Last edited:
Wow…opening a bit of a can of worms here. This can get so political so quick.

Im personally pro-choice. But this new 10k ‘bounty’ is ludicrous. I don’t know enough about it but any whiff of reporting people going to an abortion for a reward is ridiculous.

Mind you…a woman is pregnant and wants 10k. Gets reported. Person that reports gets 10k, girl ‘changes’ her mind because she gets convinced abortion is wrong…profit!?

EDIT: Humans are very inventive when it comes to financial rewards… Perverse incentive - Wikipedia

holy crap, I didn't even catch that part of the new law. how is this okay?

Texas abortion law: $10,000 penalty could incentivize ‘bounty hunters’ to make ‘tens of thousands of dollars’

I'm a man…I have no right to tell a woman what to do with her own body. But it’s not just that, no one has a right to tell a woman what to do with her own body.

Don't like abortions? Don't get one then!

I'm a man…I have no right to tell a woman what to do with her own body. But it’s not just that, no one has a right to tell a woman what to do with her own body.

Don't like abortions? Don't get one then!
Don’t like abortions take a contraceptive or keep your legs closed. I’m not about telling a women what to do.

But someplace along the line planning has to come into play

Don’t like abortions take a contraceptive or keep your legs closed. I’m not about telling a women what to do.

Easy to say mother has all the say, their body. But I am a new father and can't imagine if I had no choice in the abortion of my daughter.
When does the baby's rights come into play?
I trend more about teaching future generation to be responsible for their actions. Mom AND dad.

You just told her what to do.

Why is the onus on her to keep her legs closed or for her to take a contraceptive?

Maybe men should get a vasectomy to avoid abortions?

Easy to say mother has all the say, their body. But I am a new father and can't imagine if I had no choice in the abortion of my daughter.
When does the baby's rights come into play?
I trend more about teaching future generation to be responsible for their actions. Mom AND dad.

It’s not a baby in 90+% of abortions, it’s a clump of cells that wouldn’t be viable outside the woman's body.

As mentioned it’s very complex.

First, I couldn’t imagine being a woman that has to consider an abortion and getting to the point of moving forward.

That in itself is a very difficult process and not one I think is taken lightly by any woman.

As for defining how far along or the circumstances, I can’t even think of it.

The media headlines the most provocative things but, it’s rarely that simple or basic.

I honestly don’t think there are women running around and getting abortions for fun. Even if they express little to no concern about getting it done, I’m sure it’s not easy to live with.

Haven’t even covered the father side of things……..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I forgot which comedic skit this is from but...

If you are a man, you cannot have an opinion on this.

If you are a woman, you should be the sole person who decides.

With that said, forced child support payments should not be a thing.

Why do people feel they have ANY right to tell another person how to treat THEIR body? The same hypocrites that feel drugs should be criminally penalized are the ones idling in the their gas guzzling suv's/pickup's waiting for complete garbage food that is the source of 90% of deaths and medical costs.

Secondly, crime rates are proven to be substantially higher in areas where abortion is prohibited. If anything, there should be a gov't incentive to sterilize, $40k tax free/interest free loan to anyone that volunteers. Pay the $40k back and the process is reversed. Welfare would be almost entirely bred out of existence in two generations.

Secondly, crime rates are proven to be substantially higher in areas where abortion is prohibited. If anything, there should be a gov't incentive to sterilize, $40k tax free/interest free loan to anyone that volunteers. Pay the $40k back and the process is reversed. Welfare would be almost entirely bred out of existence in two generations.
Wait. Is this real? I rmb reading this in Freakonomics which consists of ******** alignment of data points intentionally.

At the same time, it's pretty obvious why a low income no abortion area would be crime filled: gotta survival somehow.

Back
Top Bottom