Cheapest truck/van rental? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Cheapest truck/van rental?

jeero

Site Supporter
I'd just like to ask if anyone knows a good company to rent a pickup/van from for me to go get a motorcycle this week.
The trip is going to be roughly 250kms in total.
And if you must ask, no I cannot just ride the bike back.
It will come with a bunch of gear and extra racing fairings which I obviously can't really strap to my back.

I know U-Haul rents for 20$ a day, but they rape you on the kms ($0.69/km).
That would put me at a total of about 192$ before taxes.

(The only thing I rent from U-Haul are trailers because they don't count kms.)

My truck died over a month ago so I can't just rent a trailer.

**update** See what I did by clicking this link

Last edited:
Enterprise has trucks with unlimited KM in ontario for 115 out the door with taxes and full coverage insurance. If you wanna take a chance on 50K truck then u can get it for around 70 without the insurance. They have mid size trucks like a dodge dakota that will fit a sport bike no problem and also a full size such as a ram, gmc sierra etc..

Dixie/401 and Dundas/427 are the two locations i have rented from and they usually have a good amount of trucks. Hope that helps

Your best bet is to call around to a bunch of different rental companies. Pretty much all of the big ones rent pickup trucks and cube vans but the rate will usually depend on how busy they are (though they won't tell you that).

Since it's the middle of the month, they'll probably have a lot of trucks available 'cause the majority of the bigger vehicles get rented at the end of the month (when people usually move).

Used Enterprise.
Their cargo vans are 59.99 and their small pickup is 69.99, both come with 200kms free (only the cars have unlimited kms within Ontario and Quebec).
I got the pickup for 65$ and they gave me 300kms.
Bought a 2x8x8 at Home Depot for 7$ to use as a ramp.
Already had 4 straps.

Turned out perfect and had a great time hauling my own bike from my friend's house! :D:D

Penske rental trucks have much cheaper per km rate than U-Haul, but higher initial cost.

Home Depot? Buy one 2x4 and rent a truck for a few hours....dunno if it's cheaper. Guess if it's just a 1h trip it would be.

Enterprise has trucks with unlimited KM in ontario for 115 out the door with taxes and full coverage insurance. If you wanna take a chance on 50K truck then u can get it for around 70 without the insurance.

Another +1 for Enterprise.

Check your auto insurance policy (if you have one) - mine (TD Home & Auto) provides full coverage for rental vehicles including collision (carries over the same coverage you have on vehicle).

You need Full coverage for a rental but you can upgrade ur existing third party (if this is what you have) for the purpose of the move and take it off after moving the bike. It works out to be WAY cheaper than the insurance offered by car rental companies...

im in the same boat.. I need to take the bike from mount albert to vaughn. So did anyone try the lowe's? or anyone else willing to help? its about 50kms. :)

im in the same boat.. I need to take the bike from mount albert to vaughn. So did anyone try the lowe's? or anyone else willing to help? its about 50kms. :)

Enterprise has 200kms free on their pickups and vans.
That's the service I used.

i can prob help you out...just PM me in the future...

I rented a Cargo Van from Discount discountcar.com. Can go to USA if you want with their vans.

With the 3000km add on it came out to $104 for the day with tax insurance etc. This was last spring.

I rented a Cargo Van from Discount discountcar.com. Can go to USA if you want with their vans.

With the 3000km add on it came out to $104 for the day with tax insurance etc. This was last spring.

just did a quote for one day rental, came out to $166 after everything. w/ only 400km option.
Gas prices must've affected it.

Back
Top Bottom