Chauvin going to jail? | Page 15 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Chauvin going to jail?

I wonder what there is to take? He doesn't seem like a wealthy guy. Not sure what happens to his pension when he murders someone on the job. There may be a bit there, but is it enough to cover the lawyers fees required to get a win? If there is a civil suit, the city/police department will get added for lack of training/oversight/etc but really just to increase the available pool of money.
if you're fired you get no pension?

Probably still get it. Not sure the details here. Didn't pay attention to fired vs quit. Don't know if murdering someone while doing your job changes your pension entitlement.

Probably still get it. Not sure the details here. Didn't pay attention to fired vs quit. Don't know if murdering someone while doing your job changes your pension entitlement.
Hmm probably not entitled to full but yeah.

I wonder what there is to take? He doesn't seem like a wealthy guy. Not sure what happens to his pension when he murders someone on the job. There may be a bit there, but is it enough to cover the lawyers fees required to get a win? If there is a civil suit, the city/police department will get added for lack of training/oversight/etc but really just to increase the available pool of money.

He and his wife owned 2 houses when the incident happened.

O.J. Simpson still gets his football pension after losing the wrongful death suit.

If you buy something (A pension investment) it's yours until a court takes it away. If your employer gives it to you as a taxable benefit it would IMO be yours until taken away.

A friend (Stupid one) was getting his CPP garnisheed. In Canada only the government can go after social benefits.

He and his wife owned 2 houses when the incident happened.
Chauvin deserves what he gets but I have mixed feelings about his family.

The last thing I would want to see is his kids go from living in a safe home with prospects of a bright future to living next to a crack house, joining that crowd and becoming just another bunch of bad *****.

It may have been mentioned but where does an ex-cop that murdered a black guy safely spend the next few decades? For the sake of his family I hope he has life insurance that continues to cover him.

If his wife saw the writing on the wall she would have divorced him, taken her half and at least been partially protected.

If his wife saw the writing on the wall she would have divorced him, taken her half and at least been partially protected..

There hasn't been any writing on the wall for police officers who intentionally abuse or kill people.

Unlike in Ontario where we have the SIU, most police forces self investigate themselves, which involves a lot of patting each other on the back. In Chauvin's case, like many, also involves handing out medals for violence on the job that would land anyone else infront of a judge.

I've got $100 that she was attracted to him due to his attitude. Especially knowing they both thought they were above the law cheating on their taxes.

There hasn't been any writing on the wall for police officers who intentionally abuse or kill people.

Unlike in Ontario where we have the SIU, most police forces self investigate themselves, which involves a lot of patting each other on the back. In Chauvin's case, like many, also involves handing out medals for violence on the job that would land anyone else infront of a judge.

I've got $100 that she was attracted to him due to his attitude. Especially knowing they both thought they were above the law cheating on their taxes.
You've been watching too much cops n robbers on tv. If you're going to make claims like you just did, back it up with credible sources.

Especially knowing they both thought they were above the law cheating on their taxes.
I dont know her involvement in tax cheating. I do the taxes for my wife and I. If I was cooking the books, the chance she noticed would be close to zero.

You've been watching too much cops n robbers on tv. If you're going to make claims like you just did, back it up with credible sources.

Not really, just in the context of Derek Chauvin, hitting an unarmed 14 year old across the head with a flashlight is assault. Of the 18 complaints against him, the most he ever got was two letter of reprimands on his file.

I dont know her involvement in tax cheating. I do the taxes for my wife and I. If I was cooking the books, the chance she noticed would be close to zero.

Beyond under reporting her real estate and photography income, she apparently decided filing taxes was too difficult.

Kellie Chauvin told investigators she knew they had to file taxes each year but "it got away from her," the complaint states.

The irony...owing thousands of dollars in taxes but killing a black man for $20..
NINTCHDBPICT000588911233.png

Hope they don't go easy on his wife...if memory serves me well, she tried to distance herself (via divorce) asap as soon as this incident hit the media.
Most likely due to this very reason?

I’m not saying the sentence don’t fit crime, But lets not forget the crime spree George was on till the cop finished him.

I’m not saying the sentence don’t fit crime, But lets not forget the crime spree George was on till the cop finished him.
Does that have anything to do with Chauvin killing him?

But lets not forget the crime spree George was on till the cop finished him.

Passing a bogus Twenty is a crime spree? Clyde Barrow is rolling in his grave.

Back
Top Bottom