Chauvin going to jail? | Page 14 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Chauvin going to jail?

Yes...they tend to ask for police to treat them the same as they treat white people. Anything wrong with that?
You asked the question, You probably have your own answer. I'll just leave it at that

Did you hear the whole speech or only what CNN wanted you to hear . I bet the CNN version is ingrained in your mind .

So you don't like the fact that I posted a link of the actual speech . The whole speech the main media would not show you . You are upset with the source of the truth . Very intresting way of thinking .

Sentencing hearing.

Chauvins side asked for probation.

Floyds brothers asked for maximum.

Assistant AG says multiple aggravating factors so doubling guideline sentence is reasonable and wants 360 months.

Chauvins mother says that prison will got be good for him. Sentencing him is sentencing her and she will miss talking to and hugging her son if he is in jail.

Defense lawyer says Chauvin has never before violated the law (that is a complete lie. Everybody has violated laws. Some laws are worse. Many people have never been convicted before which would have been a much more accurate statement). For recent 2nd degree convictions in defendants with no criminal history, ~66% got guideline (150 months), ~25% got aggravated sentences (higher), ~10% got mitigating. Based on that and Chauvin being a cop doing his job which should cancel out any aggravating factors, no sentence above the guideline should be issued.

Decision to come at 15:45 EDT.

EDIT:
270 months. 10 year addition to guideline sentence of 150 months for abuse of position of authority and cruelty. Credit for 199 days served. Register as predatory offender. Lifetime firearm/explosive prohibition.

Last edited:
check to op of this thread.
timtune for the win.

One juror already outed as biased .

Considering 63% of Americans some way support BLM. To get a fair trial, 7 of 12 should be some sort of BLM supporter. Having one can be argued wasn't enough.

270 months. 10 year addition to guideline sentence of 150 months for abuse of position of authority and cruelty. Credit for 199 days served. Register as predatory offender. Lifetime firearm/explosive prohibition.

Too short, Minnesota really screwed up in 1911.

Too short, Minnesota really screwed up in 1911.
I don't think it was too short. More than 15 years in jail guaranteed for killing someone in a lone incident with no prior conviction history. Do it with a car and you get two years or so.

He's still facing the federal charges as well. Not sure how the US deals with convictions at multiple levels (assuming he gets convicted federally). Chauvin did a wink wink nudge nudge while he was talking about big things coming that he wasn't allowed to discuss. Maybe he plans to plead guilty federally and use the plea to get concurrent sentences or get feds to take precedent over the state conviction.

I don't think it was too short. More than 15 years in jail guaranteed for killing someone in a lone incident with no prior conviction history.

His 19 year career as a police officer and as a nightclub bouncer shows a history of violence, that he seems to enjoy, especially towards African Americans and other minorities. So what did they do? Give him medals for it.

High school dropout, flipping burgers at McDonald's and after a 4 year stint as an MP, became a good ol' cowboy.

His 19 year career as a police officer and as a nightclub bouncer shows a history of violence, that he seems to enjoy, especially towards African Americans and other minorities. So what did they do? Give him medals for it.

High school dropout, flipping burgers at McDonald's and after a 4 year stint as an MP, became a good ol' cowboy.
I didn't know his history. It's hard for the court system to look at his medals and use that to increase the penalty when he finally got a conviction instead. Rightly or wrongly, they get to look at prior convictions and this event. Anything else has not been proven and will give an easy route to appeal.

Sentencing hearing.

Chauvins side asked for probation.

Floyds brothers asked for maximum.

Assistant AG says multiple aggravating factors so doubling guideline sentence is reasonable and wants 360 months.

Chauvins mother says that prison will got be good for him. Sentencing him is sentencing her and she will miss talking to and hugging her son if he is in jail.

Defense lawyer says Chauvin has never before violated the law (that is a complete lie. Everybody has violated laws. Some laws are worse. Many people have never been convicted before which would have been a much more accurate statement). For recent 2nd degree convictions in defendants with no criminal history, ~66% got guideline (150 months), ~25% got aggravated sentences (higher), ~10% got mitigating. Based on that and Chauvin being a cop doing his job which should cancel out any aggravating factors, no sentence above the guideline should be issued.

Decision to come at 15:45 EDT.

EDIT:

"Chauvin's mother says that prison will not be good for him." No kidding. When did it become about the convict?

"Sentencing him is sentencing her and she will miss talking to and hugging her son if he is in jail."

Fact: When you break the law you suffer and your family suffers. It's the fault of the perpetrator not the victim. The loss of income may mean the loss of the family home. That's what a criminal brings on to his family.

Convictions in the USA are iffy. There is so much criminal activity that a lot of felonies are downgraded to misdemeanours or dismissed that records may not reflect the truth.

Could you imagine if they would have gave him only probation

Could you imagine if they would have gave him only probation

FWIW I visited Detroit a few years after the riots and naively drove down one of the streets. Scared the crap out of me. imagine Bloor Street burnt out what seemed like miles.

Last edited:
14 year old African American who he first tried to use his flashlight to crack open his skull.

Real winner.

Then there's the Federal rights trial. Will he be be subject to any civil lawsuit where less evidence is required?

Will he be be subject to any civil lawsuit where less evidence is required?
I wonder what there is to take? He doesn't seem like a wealthy guy. Not sure what happens to his pension when he murders someone on the job. There may be a bit there, but is it enough to cover the lawyers fees required to get a win? If there is a civil suit, the city/police department will get added for lack of training/oversight/etc but really just to increase the available pool of money.

Back
Top Bottom