Chauvin going to jail? | Page 10 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Chauvin going to jail?

Dodgy looking website. Interesting headline. Nothing in the article is remotely related to the headline in any way. It is just clickbait with no substance.

Dodgy looking website. Interesting headline. Nothing in the article is remotely related to the headline in any way. It is just clickbait with no substance.

The whole interview with the alternate juror.

The whole interview with the alternate juror.
The content of pfbmgd's article was mostly the interview with her and a discussion about waters being an idiot. There was a random image of a tweet from a random person who quoted an anonymous juror that was used as the headline of the article. At no point in his article did it discuss who the random tweeter was or any connection to know if they had ever spoken to a juror. Likely just pure fabrication.

The content of pfbmgd's article was mostly the interview with her and a discussion about waters being an idiot. There was a random image of a tweet from a random person who quoted an anonymous juror that was used as the headline of the article. At no point in his article did it discuss who the random tweeter was or any connection to know if they had ever spoken to a juror. Likely just pure fabrication.

The tweeter from his article is the reporter interviewing Lisa Christensen, the alternate juror, in the article I posted.

The tweeter from his article is the reporter interviewing the alternate juror in the article I posted.
That's what is actually in the article. The headline was grabbed from Daniel Horowitz @RMConservative with no attempt at discussion, verification or really anything at all other than grabbing a good clickbait headline.

That's what is actually in the article. The headline was grabbed from Daniel Horowitz @RMConservative with no attempt at discussion, verification or really anything at all other than grabbing a good clickbait headline.

Quote did come from the article...

Christensen: I had mixed feelings. There was a question on the questionnaire about it and I put I did not know. The reason, at that time, was I did not know what the outcome was going to be, so I felt like either way you are going to disappoint one group or the other. I did not want to go through rioting and destruction again and I was concerned about people coming to my house if they were not happy with the verdict.

Christensen: I had mixed feelings. There was a question on the questionnaire about it and I put I did not know. The reason, at that time, was I did not know what the outcome was going to be, so I felt like either way you are going to disappoint one group or the other. I did not want to go through rioting and destruction again and I was concerned about people coming to my house if they were not happy with the verdict.
Thanks. So it came from an alternate juror that had nothing to do with the outcome of the case and the quote was not included in pfbmgd's article. It was also taken out of context as it implied that the verdict was guilty to avoid a riot and in reality it was a question asked during jury selection.

I'm convinced there was a clear miscarriage of justice from this coherent and well thought out "news" report. /s Jeebus. These shred of truth, right off into the rhubarb conclusion sites are awful.

I'm ok with 1:4 if it worked. To me it looked a hell of a lot like everyone associated was just putting in the time until they aged out of the system. Maybe conventional school is not the right path and we should go to vocational learning early on to give them both useful skills and and avenue to get some anger out. Maybe they need boot camp. Maybe they need hardcore therapy. Maybe they need someone to help address their home situation. I don't know enough to know what they need but from what I saw, we were throwing a lot of useless money at the problem.

If the kids are that bad they have to be completely analyzed. In some cases you might find the person is beyond hope.

FWIW some interesting comments of sentencing:

Thanks. So it came from an alternate juror that had nothing to do with the outcome of the case and the quote was not included in pfbmgd's article. It was also taken out of context as it implied that the verdict was guilty to avoid a riot and in reality it was a question asked during jury selection.

I'm convinced there was a clear miscarriage of justice from this coherent and well thought out "news" report. /s Jeebus. These shred of truth, right off into the rhubarb conclusion sites are awful.

Quoting more than he did.. wouldn't give him the headline or help his argument... not saying that he actually has one.
She sat through the trial and was only dismissed after the closing arguments... She states she agrees with the verdict and also would have voted him guilty. She explains why she would have as well.
I don't think she meant that she was actually afraid and that it swayed her opinion.. I think she was more just verbalizing some of the thoughts that ran through her head through out the process... She also didn't state who, or what side, she was referring to when saying that.

Read the interview

The question that was in my head the entire time

She said she was afraid of the mobs. Didnt want riots. Didnt want people coming to her house.....

Lisa. Girl. Alternate Juror 96. No one knew who the phuck you were until you did this interview. Lisa. Lisa Christensen of Brooklyn Centre with you photo pasted on the internet.

Are jurors anonymous or are their names / faces plastered all over? I can’t say I’ve ever seen a juror name during a trial, but have heard of some speaking AFTER a trial....but that’s seeking their 15min.

I think I would have the same concern if I was on the jury for that trial. Guilt seemed to have been decided before the trial even started. I don't contest the verdict, I did not follow the trial so could not say one way or another. I just hope this was the law doing what it is supposed to do and not something to appease the masses.

Are jurors anonymous or are their names / faces plastered all over? I can’t say I’ve ever seen a juror name during a trial, but have heard of some speaking AFTER a trial....but that’s seeking their 15min.
IIRC the jurors were referred to by number. However the trial was open so "Hey, that's the lady that lives down the street from me".

The fear of reprisal is worth considering but taints her attitude. I want to be part of this historic trial but I'm not prepared to deal with the risks?

Reminder: Both the prosecution team and the defense team agreed on the selection of jurors, because that's how jury selection works.
Sort of. They normally only have so many they can reject just because. I dont know in this case if either side reached their limit.

There are certainly evil and bad people in our world. Im currently listening to the Tim Bosma murder on a podcast. Dellan Millard had a better upbringing that me and probably everyone else on this site but he chose to be a manipulative, murdering, psychopath. He is evil.

You cant compare breaking the speed limit in the middle of nowhere to serious crime...

I choose not to believe that anyone is inherently evil or good. I think people can be stupid (as in low IQ and learning slowly), but morality is a human construct while pragmatism seems to be the default (observe other mammalian behavior); also I googled Dellan Millard and the dude's got some pretty bad red flags like "Smich had a police record involving petty offences such as drug possession, driving impaired, mischief, failure to appear, and breach of conditions." I dunno about you, but that screams "I CAN'T LEARN FROM MY MISTAKES AND I AM GOD!" to me lol

And yes, I am comparing speeding with murder because the mindset of both offenders is the same: "I can get away with it." The vast majority do not do something with the possibility of seriously deterring consequences unless they believe they can get away. I'd be willing to bet the neurological pathway is similar with any decision involving "break the rules."

I choose not to believe that anyone is inherently evil or good. I think people can be stupid (as in low IQ and learning slowly), but morality is a human construct while pragmatism seems to be the default (observe other mammalian behavior); also I googled Dellan Millard and the dude's got some pretty bad red flags like "Smich had a police record involving petty offences such as drug possession, driving impaired, mischief, failure to appear, and breach of conditions." I dunno about you, but that screams "I CAN'T LEARN FROM MY MISTAKES AND I AM GOD!" to me lol

And yes, I am comparing speeding with murder because the mindset of both offenders is the same: "I can get away with it." The vast majority do not do something with the possibility of seriously deterring consequences unless they believe they can get away. I'd be willing to bet the neurological pathway is similar with any decision involving "break the rules."

My take. There are two general types of crime, emotional and financial with some cross over.

People under emotional stress don't usually think things out. You made a pass at my girlfriend. Punch stab or shoot etc. Extremely high chance of getting caught. So what. Getting away with it isn't a big part of the calculation.

Financial crime is a business with more calculating and thinking. If I embezzle two million dollars and there's 50 / 50 chance of getting caught and if convicted will be three years in jail and if I can hide the money I can buy a starter home in Toronto when I get out. Lots of planning to improve the odds.

Read up on psychopaths. One psychologist put it, a psychopath is born. A sociopath is made.

My take. There are two general types of crime, emotional and financial with some cross over.

People under emotional stress don't usually think things out. You made a pass at my girlfriend. Punch stab or shoot etc. Extremely high chance of getting caught. So what. Getting away with it isn't a big part of the calculation.

Financial crime is a business with more calculating and thinking. If I embezzle two million dollars and there's 50 / 50 chance of getting caught and if convicted will be three years in jail and if I can hide the money I can buy a starter home in Toronto when I get out. Lots of planning to improve the odds.

Read up on psychopaths. One psychologist put it, a psychopath is born. A sociopath is made.

You're missing number three (although maybe it's part of one?). You described one as crimes in the heat of the moment. I think you need a third type being people that commit crimes for fun/thrill as a distinct group (and the most worrisome of the three).

Back
Top Bottom