Chain problem!! | GTAMotorcycle.com

Chain problem!!

zoom91

Hi, i was installing the master link on my chain and accidentally broke the clip for it!! has anyone got a spare one for a 530 chain or know where i can get one asap!! b.c its at a buddys house and I need to get it out today!! thanks

How did you break it?
Any good bike shop should have them available. I only have 520 rivet clips.

idk how the hell we managed to break it but got another one and tried it agian when we werent stressed and it went on perfectly!!

you probably put too much force trying to rivet it. I secretly wish chain manufacturers would specify the torque need to crimp the pins

you probably put too much force trying to rivet it. I secretly wish chain manufacturers would specify the torque need to crimp the pins

its not about the specific amount of torque...its about how it mushrooms...

look at RK / EK chains...some of them come with plates that won't squish rubber o-rings /x-rings

its not about the specific amount of torque...its about how it mushrooms...

look at RK / EK chains...some of them come with plates that won't squish rubber o-rings /x-rings

Each manufacturer should be able to tell how much torque mushrooms their steel. I'm sure they've done a bit of research re: the elasticity and breaking point of their metal. The amount of torque needed to mushroom their pins should be child's play.

It takes a little bit of experience to know how much to mushroom it. That's my peeve

My EK came with a metal backing to prevent the x-rings from being crushed

Different chain tools have different thread in the screw that tightens up against the rivet. The torque to turn the screw would be different for each chain tool.

Back
Top Bottom