Cell signal in the Highlands/Barrie's Bay area? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Cell signal in the Highlands/Barrie's Bay area?

No need to worry about reading a paper map and folding it in the wind; It's spiral bound:

51Lrlv+ZMoL._SX390_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

This is exactly what I used to keep in my car in the 80's.

This is exactly what I used to keep in my car in the 80's.
That's exactly what I used to create that sticky thread with all the routes in too. Still have it and bring out from time to time when exploring new roads.

OK, I spent way more time than I thought it would take, but I remapped @shanekingsley 's awesome Barrie's Bay route so that you can add a different starting point or change routing options (like avoid tolls and highways) and not mess up the map when Google refreshes. The route is also preserved when sending to your phone. Link is updated in my original post for anyone who cares to try it.

I'm planning to start with the Maynooth to Barrie's Bay loop on day 1, then stay overnight in Maynooth and next morning complete the Kawartha Highlands loop on the way home. I'll be remapping that second route next.

OK, I spent way more time than I thought it would take, but I remapped @shanekingsley 's awesome Barrie's Bay route so that you can add a different starting point or change routing options (like avoid tolls and highways) and not mess up the map when Google refreshes. The route is also preserved when sending to your phone. Link is updated in my original post for anyone who cares to try it.

I'm planning to start with the Maynooth to Barrie's Bay loop on day 1, then stay overnight in Maynooth and next morning complete the Kawartha Highlands loop on the way home. I'll be remapping that second route next.
Nice. Where are you going to overnight in Maynooth?

By the way, there is a really great place in Wilberforce that has tent camping and cabins for rent. It’s owned by Vtom’s brother and it’s called Riverbank Cottages. We did a few rallies and weekends up there and it’s a really cool launching pad for the area, with liquor store, gas, grocery and restaurants all super close. They are really friendly and prices are very reasonable.

Nice. Where are you going to overnight in Maynooth?

By the way, there is a really great place in Wilberforce that has tent camping and cabins for rent. It’s owned by Vtom’s brother and it’s called Riverbank Cottages. We did a few rallies and weekends up there and it’s a really cool launching pad for the area, with liquor store, gas, grocery and restaurants all super close. They are really friendly and prices are very reasonable.

I was going to book The McAlpine House. Anyone have any feedback? I'll check with Riverbank tomorrow for price and availability. Thanks for the tip!

The rest of the route has ben converted and posted.

Back
Top Bottom