Cancelling policy | GTAMotorcycle.com

Cancelling policy

Bricks

Just a question I need help with and thanks for taking the time to read and help out.

I have a policy with Jevco that ends in August and no longer want to insure my bike afterwards. Do I need to call and cancel it through them to prevent an automatic renewal or will it not renew by itself.

I had went through a broken on this site but haven't heard back from him so I'm posting here for help.

Yeah I would call and explain that you are not interested in renewing.
I think by law it is supposed to renew if you never contact them.

Call them up. :)

Someone else may correct me on this but I don't believe Jevco has any licensed agents on the phone so that you can call them. As far as I know, Jevco only writes motorcycles through brokers. Send your broker a signed letter requesting that your policy be lapsed on expiry. Send it by registered mail if you absolutely want to make sure it ends up in their office. You can also send a letter to Jevco but they will most likely forward it to your broker and have your broker confirm the cancellation before they can process it.

I have a policy with Jevco and twice that I have forgotten to get back to them at my policy expire date they have cancelled my policy, so I think all you have to do is not to send them your yearly payment or just ignore their renewal letter.

i think simply not paying would result in a "non-payment" and then they would cancel your policy and it would be considered as such. So when you go to get other insurance and they ask the question 'have you had a policy canceled in the last x number of years' you must say YES. My policy with riders plus which I recently terminated required me to send a signed request for cancellation.

I have a policy with Jevco and twice that I have forgotten to get back to them at my policy expire date they have cancelled my policy, so I think all you have to do is not to send them your yearly payment or just ignore their renewal letter.

This is NOT the way you cancel a policy. Your policy will continue to renew unless you inform your insurer in writing that you wish to cancel. Simply not paying will cancel your policy due to non-payment (which can affect your future eligibility for insurance and perhaps your credit score as well).

I had to send a letter to my broker stating that I do not wish to renew my policy with Jevco. It was cancelled then.

Back
Top Bottom