cancelling my rogers wireless contract due to no signal reception | GTAMotorcycle.com

cancelling my rogers wireless contract due to no signal reception

pcsourced

i'm working at a job site in saskatchewan and living in a camp. I can get a one bar on my cellular network and sometimes the edge network and not the 3gs at the jobsite once in a while depending on the location and time. At the camp I get nothing.

My question is can I cancel my contract due to lack of signal reception. They would have a record of some outgoing and incoming calls at the job site which is about a ten to fifteen minute drive from the campsite. How would I go about explaining to these bloodclots that I'm having problems with their service at the jobsite and at the campsite. Would I call them from my cell phone at my jobsite during the time it works and tell them what or should I call rogers through skype on my laptop when I get to my campsite.

I signed up for a 3 year contract for iphone 3gs about a year and half ago. Would I have to return the phone?? has anyone ever cancel a contract with them due to signal reception?? I would have to sign up with bell by the way
who we all know are another form of bloodclots but supposedly have way better signal coverage throughout canada.

You'll be billed for the 'remainder' of the cost of the phone. Probably around $200.

You're basically screwed. That's why I buy my own and stay the **** away from the Robellus Cartel whenever I can.. Unfortunately, the cartel is probably your only viable option in the sticks. I'm not sure if Hell or Phalus could even get you the spotty reception you're getting from Robbers.

He was given a $500 phone for a substantially discounted price under the stipulation that he would use their service for the next 3 years. He's not "screwed" he just has to pay up what he owes.

Regardless, the big telcos suck... but they own the networks so we're forced to use their services.

pcsourced, PM me and I'll help you get in touch with Rogers executive customer service - happy to help a fellow rider. Be prepared though, if you're successful in removing yourself from their claws to surrender your iPhone back to them as part of the deal. In addition I would recommend that you find someone with an actual Bell or Telus phone there and ask them if they've had issues with reception prior to freeing yourself from Big Red.

If/when you sign up for a new contract with their competitor see if you can add a clause (hand written of course) to the contract that says if within 30 days you experience poor service due to insufficient signal then you can return the phone and terminate the contract with little or no penalty. You're not the first person to have this issue, CBC's Marketplace has helped people in your exact situation. One of the people who sent in their submission for "Worst Cell Phone Bill" was someone who signed up for a phone because the telco told them service coverage wasn't a problem; unfortunately she found out the hard way what a lie that was. More here including tips: http://www.cbc.ca/marketplace/2011/canadasworstcellphonebill/

If you had just got it because they told you it would work in your area and it didn't then I'd think you have a case. I got a prepaid phone and the airtime card 100% refunded when I was younger because they told me it would work at my house and it didn't. Even then, I had to call and complain many many times. Since you are half way through your 3 year contract and you moved (as in you chose to go to the area where it wouldn't work) I wouldn't think you have much of a case. Try to sell the contract to someone else on Howard Forums.

If you're planning to buy a cell phone and intend to do a lot of travel across Canada its a good idea to check the coverage of the various companies. For example, the ONLY place you're going to get Rogers reception in Nova Scotia is Halifax (The last time I checked they only had one cell towerin the whole province...!) Ditto for Telus.

My son, who attends St. F. X. U. reported that students from out of province with Telus or Rogers service were screwed and had to change service providers.

Back
Top Bottom