Canadian Tire recalls 71k electric mowers | GTAMotorcycle.com

Canadian Tire recalls 71k electric mowers

"Made in China" I'm sure.

Sadly, what isn't anymore.

"Made in China" I'm sure.

Sadly, what isn't anymore.

There are zero lawnmower manufacturers in North America. So yes China.

The incidences were only 3 fires and 5 'other' types of occurrences.

And yes if everyone buys on price only then all retailers have to have an option to run to the low end.

Why is Health Canada announcing this?
Shouldn't the manufacturer be doing this instead?

Edit: nevermind - just saw this

Manufacturer: POSITEC (MACAO COMMERCIAL) O/S
SHANGHAI
CHINA

Huh...
I have one that I bought last year.
I have no issues with it. It's a cheap lawnmower that does fine for my light use. wondering if I should bring it back.

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

FWIW... Positec seems like a pretty large white label manufacturer, who makes stuff sold under more recognizable brand names as well. And these were deemed to meet UL/CSA standards for electric lawnmowers, for whatever that's worth.

Not that I have any desire to defend Canadian Tire Corporation, but I don't think this falls under recklessly selling garbage

Huh...
I have one that I bought last year.
I have no issues with it. It's a cheap lawnmower that does fine for my light use. wondering if I should bring it back.

If it were me, I would. Not that I would be super worried about it burning my house down, but I would feel like it's gonna break sooner than later

If it were me, I would. Not that I would be super worried about it burning my house down, but I would feel like it's gonna break sooner than later
Yeah, I'm leaning towards return but where am I gonna find a lawnmower for 100 bucks lol

Yeah, I'm leaning towards return but where am I gonna find a lawnmower for 100 bucks lol

Besides you might have one of the good ones.

A friend was rebuilding a racing outboard and reusing the roller bearings. When questioned, his logic was "I ran them last week and I know they work"

I wonder how may they sold in B.C.

Besides you might have one of the good ones.

A friend was rebuilding a racing outboard and reusing the roller bearings. When questioned, his logic was "I ran them last week and I know they work"

I wonder how may they sold in B.C.
On the flip side, lots of really poor quality bearings out there these days.... If the old ones are good it may be a good choice.

Back
Top Bottom