• Liberal Majority

Votes: 6 12.2%
  • PC led Minority

Votes: 15 30.6%
  • Liberal led Minority

Votes: 14 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Forum Research poll pre vs post debate. Compare this with the GTAM poll, numbers are strangely similar. Conservatives are closing in on a majority if this holds up.

CPC: 35% (+4)
LPC: 28% (-6)
NDP: 13% (+1)
GPC: 12% (-)
BQ: 7% (+1)
PPC: 3% (-1)

Forum Research poll pre vs post debate. Compare this with the GTAM poll, numbers are strangely similar. Conservatives are closing in on a majority if this holds up.

CPC: 35% (+4)
LPC: 28% (-6)
NDP: 13% (+1)
GPC: 12% (-)
BQ: 7% (+1)
PPC: 3% (-1)

As this is a first past the post parliamentary democracy the overall popular vote does not matter. What matters is the most seats. Forum is also a major outlier for polling. Two sites (CBC news and 338 Canada) have been tracking and weighting multiple polls (none of them theirs) and applying algorithms based on not just popular votes (polls) but location of the votes (polls), etc. to determine seats and therefore likelihood of wining the most. The Conservatives just don't look to have the breadth across the country to pull it off.... CBC looks less worse for the Cons (or less good for the Libs) than 338. Oddly enough (ironically) the Cons would be better off if Trudeau kept his election promise of proportional representation!

Unless something changes in the next week and a half it is a Liberal minority or slim majority.

Also keep in mind that the polling totally misses youth voting (mostly old white people with landlines get polled), that is a wildcard and it was last time around.

As 338 also shows tracking over time we can also see the impact events like brown/black face had. BTW if you take it all the way back to May on the site the Cons were running away with it (92% chance of winning then), not anymore.

I have been following these sites and ones like it for multiple elections (prov, fed, US). The only time I have seen a big miss was the last fed US... Other than that they have been correct but sometimes underestimate the magnitude of the win.

http://338canada.com/

Oct 8.PNGDist.PNG

CBC News Canada Poll Tracker

cbc.PNG

Last edited:
Next up on stage for open mic night at the Comedy Club, Judy Sgro!!

“Let me tell you that, knocking on doors and being in the plazas and talking to people to make sure that I’m as sensitive as I need to be if I miss something ... Those in the black community have told of how much more love they have for the prime minister. That he wanted to have a blackface. That he took great pride in that, too.”

This stuff writes itself.

Love watching all the debates and hearing the promises made on the campaign trail too bad that what they all say has about as much basis on reality as the typical episode of ancient aliens.
Still waiting for the Mulroney family to return those millions that the taxpayers paid out for slandering their fine name.

nobody seems to be talking about the economy, which was always a talking point. Putting money back in our pockets (yeah never) , imigration (like it or not , its sort of required) , climate (because its so popular)

There is just nothing new here. Meet the new boss, same as the old boss....

ah yes lets stretch the Yonge line, which is already way over capacity, all the way up to Markham so they can use it like the existing GO train service.

really need to separate politics from city planning.

Yup. I took the 1954 section this morning. All the development north of Eglinton in the last 65 years and they haven't fixed the south.

As this is a first past the post parliamentary democracy the overall popular vote does not matter. What matters is the most seats. Forum is also a major outlier for polling. Two sites (CBC news and 338 Canada) have been tracking and weighting multiple polls (none of them theirs) and applying algorithms based on not just popular votes (polls) but location of the votes (polls), etc. to determine seats and therefore likelihood of wining the most. The Conservatives just don't look to have the breadth across the country to pull it off.... CBC looks less worse for the Cons (or less good for the Libs) than 338. Oddly enough (ironically) the Cons would be better off if Trudeau kept his election promise of proportional representation!

Unless something changes in the next week and a half it is a Liberal minority or slim majority.

Also keep in mind that the polling totally misses youth voting (mostly old white people with landlines get polled), that is a wildcard and it was last time around.

As 338 also shows tracking over time we can also see the impact events like brown/black face had. BTW if you take it all the way back to May on the site the Cons were running away with it (92% chance of winning then), not anymore.

I have been following these sites and ones like it for multiple elections (prov, fed, US). The only time I have seen a big miss was the last fed US... Other than that they have been correct but sometimes underestimate the magnitude of the win.

http://338canada.com/

View attachment 41204View attachment 41205

CBC News Canada Poll Tracker

View attachment 41206

This is all pre-debate. Apparently the numbers have changed since.

I've come to the conclusion that deciding what party to support in this election is like deciding what type of cancer you want. And if you don't make a selection someone else chooses for you.

If you own firearms or would like to see some restraint on spending it is a very easy choice.

If you own firearms or would like to see some restraint on spending it is a very easy choice.
Hold on now, if you own firearms? ... or if you own assault rifles and hand guns?

If you own hand guns and assault rifles, you probably want to vote Republican.

Last edited:
But what if you don't like the leader?!?!?!?!?

:unsure:

Wonderful! a leader who can not commit ?

The last time a Canadian political leader was generally 'liked' by the constituents was _______

Back
Top Bottom