Canada is ****** | GTAMotorcycle.com

Canada is ******

Baggsy

Site Supporter
This thread is long overdue.

We're still overshadowed by the U.S.A., but Trudeau isn't long to be overshadowed by Trump.

U.K. is booking appointments. U.S. is getting ready to ship. Canada is sitting on it's hands.

When are we getting the vaccine?

Anybody here going down south to get their shot?

I suspect the media has taken the story that we'll be behind other countries on obtaining the vaccines and have perhaps twisted and exaggerated it quite a lot. They've already blown it by stating that "Canada doesn't produce vaccines anymore". We do - that's just wrong. We just don't have the tech to produce this *new* style vaccine.

A lot can change between now and rollout. Will we behind other countries? Seems likely. Will we not see a single vaccination until next summer as some would have you believe? Nope.

Face it, once we get the essential people vaccinated (the elderly and the healthcare workers) as then move onto people who are in high-spread risk categories or at medium risk, the overall risk to society as a whole will start to drop dramatically. Reality is we know the people in the under 50 crowd (barring any comorbidities) are low risk of actually getting seriously *sick* to begin - it's the risk of them spreading to people who ARE high risk that's the big issue.

Once that high risk category is protected there will be less reaction necessary (and likely) for the overall picture.

We're still in the "OMG EVERYBODY PANIC" stage right now, that's all.

This thread is long overdue.

We're still overshadowed by the U.S.A., but Trudeau isn't long to be overshadowed by Trump.

U.K. is booking appointments. U.S. is getting ready to ship. Canada is sitting on it's hands.

When are we getting the vaccine?

Anybody here going down south to get their shot?
Jt paid with no requirement for delivery. We are the back of the line. Moron.

Jt paid with no requirement for delivery. We are the back of the line. Moron.

Citation?

I think we may be surprised at how some other countries view Canada vs the USA and may "conveniently" ship us more than they might otherwise have early on. Trump for example didn't make any friends at Pfizer when he rushed to the microphone and twitter to take full credit for a vaccine produced by a company that didn't take a dollar of government money to research and produce.

One thing I will say about JT (although I'm not a big fan and didn't vote for him, as I've said before) is that they do have some master communicators in the government and have in the last few years managed to get results that have benefited Canada against all odds. Against what seemed like impossible odds quite often, actually.

Stay healthy as you can canada, winter is just starting. Maybe hibernating will work.

Reactions: J_F
Not an anti-vaxxer by any stretch of the imagination, but I'm in no rush to take this vaccine that's been rushed to market (relative to the extensive testing that other vaccines go through).

If they're saying vulnerable members of society and front-line health care workers get first access, than I'm happy to step back and wait.

Clarification: I will get vaccinated, but won't be first in line.

I think if you dig deep enough the deal between pfizer and the us government is not known to the people. so saying pfizer received no money is not correct

They might have not received directly from the government but the money they did get come from a government branch

Last edited:
I suspect the media has taken the story that we'll be behind other countries on obtaining the vaccines and have perhaps twisted and exaggerated it quite a lot. They've already blown it by stating that "Canada doesn't produce vaccines anymore". We do - that's just wrong. We just don't have the tech to produce this *new* style vaccine.

A lot can change between now and rollout. Will we behind other countries? Seems likely. Will we not see a single vaccination until next summer as some would have you believe? Nope.

Face it, once we get the essential people vaccinated (the elderly and the healthcare workers) as then move onto people who are in high-spread risk categories or at medium risk, the overall risk to society as a whole will start to drop dramatically. Reality is we know the people in the under 50 crowd (barring any comorbidities) are low risk of actually getting seriously *sick* to begin - it's the risk of them spreading to people who ARE high risk that's the big issue.

Once that high risk category is protected there will be less reaction necessary (and likely) for the overall picture.

We're still in the "OMG EVERYBODY PANIC" stage right now, that's all.
It was the Prime Minister not the media who said: "Canada no longer has any domestic production capacity for vaccines."

We could develop tech. But instead we jumped onboard with China to develop one, and they eventually shut that down, and wouldn't share with us the results. So we're S.O.L.

Britain is vacinating next week. U.S. is December 11th. Canada is next June?

We're not in the panic stage yet. We're in the beginning of the realization that we've elected a stupid head stage.

Citation?

I think we may be surprised at how some other countries view Canada vs the USA and may "conveniently" ship us more than they might otherwise have early on. Trump for example didn't make any friends at Pfizer when he rushed to the microphone and twitter to take full credit for a vaccine produced by a company that didn't take a dollar of government money to research and produce.

One thing I will say about JT (although I'm not a big fan and didn't vote for him, as I've said before) is that they do have some master communicators in the government and have in the last few years managed to get results that have benefited Canada against all odds. Against what seemed like impossible odds quite often, actually.
I dont have a saved link to this stinker. JT and CF have said multiple times that they gave money to drug companies to ensure canada got something. Part of the negotiation was the companies can keep the money even if the vaccine failed or was released too late to matter.

I refute the statement that Canada is also fooked

here's a shocking scene from Canada's rebellious western province
at least a bakers' dozen anti-maskers march in peaceful protest

well done you hosers, keepin it classy
we'll get through this :)

so what would we have JC do?

tweet that the military and FedEx are delivering vaccines?
that are yet to be approved by any reputable independent medical body?

unless you're vulnerable or essential
we're looking at 2Q 2021

deal with it
I heard rollout starting Q3.

What do I expect him to do at this point?
Resign, then apologize. It would be nice if he could pay some of the money that he squandered back, but that won't happen.

so what would we have JC do?

tweet that the military and FedEx are delivering vaccines?
that are yet to be approved by any reputable independent medical body?

unless you're vulnerable or essential
we're looking at 2Q 2021

deal with it

Q3 2021 for Joe Canadian according to JTs speech today.

Quiet on logistics, but the general in charge of distribution says they are fully ready to distribute starting on Dec 31.

Ford looked like he was ready to blow a gasket in his speech today. JT isn’t sharing details do Ford three down the Gauntlet.

It would be a shame to watch the US open up for next summer while fight thru another wave.

Not an anti-vaxxer by any stretch of the imagination, but I'm in no rush to take this vaccine that's been rushed to market (relative to the extensive testing that other vaccines go through).

If they're saying vulnerable members of society and front-line health care workers get first access, than I'm happy to step back and wait.

Clarification: I will get vaccinated, but won't be first in line.
That was my concern also. But I did some casual reading and read somewhere that the reason this is able to through so fast is because each drug maker and governing body basically gave it top priority.
funding....check
Volunteers....check
Red tape removed....check
Priority of documentation....check

so whether this is true or not I’m not sure.... but it does seem plausible that this was able to move forward so quickly that it’s mainly red tape that slows it down.

also, it’s a variation of the coronavirus family, which we have vaccines for so it’s not like they were starting with a blank slate from zero to find a working vaccine.

B5FB82AC-2EA4-44E1-85B3-9138963F37BF.jpeg

I heard rollout starting Q3.
For low risk joe-schmoe.

High risk and medium/moderate, Q1.

The next battle is getting people to actually *take* it. Considering all the antivax whackos out there as well as those who automatically fear it because they don't understand it wasn't "rushed" (just properly funded, see my reply above) and assume accordingly that they're guinea pigs, that's going to be the bigger challenge I suspect.

Reactions: J_F
Canada is just fine.

Far more fine than many other places in the world right now.

Sometimes everyone needs to step back and recalibrate while looking at the bigger picture. Happens to me at work quite often.

When you do that you realize that the bigger picture doesn't warrant the catastrophizing you might be doing in your head.

Back
Top Bottom