Can you get insurance with M1 only? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Can you get insurance with M1 only?

All the insurance company cares about is a record of current consecutive coverage they can call up,
next is your current location and financial status plus the VIN of the vehicle.
Why don't you approach the company that insured you in the USA, you have history with them that will either help you or hurt you.

All the insurance company cares about is a record of current consecutive coverage they can call up,
next is your current location and financial status plus the VIN of the vehicle.
Why don't you approach the company that insured you in the USA, you have history with them that will either help you or hurt you.
It's ok, they won't care anyway.
Looks like I've got my answers.
I can get insured with M1 and the course.

That's because those people are only 15 years old
or they have an established negative credit rating.
Why do you keep mentioning credit? it is not legal for them to consider it for under writing.

not completely true. many companies offer to insure you (at m2 rates) the moment you pass the course.
That’s true. Both my wife and kids were insured the day after they passed the course, both had to wait a few weeks for the m2 licence, but not for the insurance. My wife saved about 25%, kid almost 50%.

my wife was nervous so I took the course with her, I called my insurance company to ask about a discount... they just laughed.

Why do you keep mentioning credit? it is not legal for them to consider it for under writing.
Credit is not a risk factor for underwriting, only a risk for providing you credit on monthly payment plans.

Shop around, call insurance brokers. I was able to get insurance right away on my m1 if I showed proof that I registered with a safety course. I rode on my M1 for 3 months then did the safety course to get my m2. I’m with dejardins and my quotes were amazing. I’m a younger rider too....

Possibly they can't hold bad credit against you,
but are you certain you can't qualify for a small discount with good credit :unsure:

Possibly they can't hold bad credit against you,
but are you certain you can't qualify for a small discount with good credit :unsure:
at least a few years ago it was unlawful for them to use credit score when factoring rates, the door swings both ways.

if you have evidence to the contrary since then feel free to share it.

Presently, insurers in Ontario may only consider credit scores when calculating home insurance premiums.

I've switched insurance companies lots of times in the last 5 years and can confirm that credit doesn't come into play at all - I watch my credit history closely and there's never been any pulls from any of the insurance companies, ever.

I wish there was a discount for good credit history as I indeed have one....but yeah, they don't give a crap either way.

at least a few years ago it was unlawful for them to use credit score when factoring rates, the door swings both ways.

Is this true for house insurance too? Because I believe my guy flat out said they were doing a soft check because it can affect what your rate will be.

Is this true for house insurance too? Because I believe my guy flat out said they were doing a soft check because it can affect what your rate will be.
i think you missed the quote, yes house insurance can be affected.

If some insurance companies want you to have insurance for 6 years consecutive before they will even touch you

:unsure: how does that Not relate to them requiring good credit history, they are looking for you to have a good history of paying your insurance bills are they not?

and why are we trying to understand Ontario motorcycle insurance rates once again when we all know there is no logic.

If some insurance companies want you to have insurance for 6 years consecutive before they will even touch you

:unsure: how does that Not relate to them requiring good credit history, they are looking for you to have a good history of paying your insurance bills are they not?

and why are we trying to understand Ontario motorcycle insurance rates once again when we all know there is no logic.
we are discussing the law, not logic.

do they want you to have insurance for 6 years or have your license for 6 years? first I've heard about a 6 year previous insurance requirement.

we are discussing the law, not logic.

do they want you to have insurance for 6 years or have your license for 6 years? first I've heard about a 6 year previous insurance requirement.
No you made it about some law. I received a discount on my motorcycle insurance in 2014 for having good credit, that is a fact. Has my insurance gone up since then because they can't legally ask about my credit any more, not that I am aware of. Once again I was discussing something that actually happened.
How many times has it been expressed on this forum by various other riders that Wawa does not touch sportbike insurance unless you have 6 years riding history and this is the first you heard that :unsure:

No you made it about some law. I received a discount on my motorcycle insurance in 2014 for having good credit, that is a fact. Has my insurance gone up since then because they can't legally ask about my credit any more, not that I am aware of. Once again I was discussing something that actually happened.
How many times has it been expressed on this forum by various other riders that Wawa does not touch sportbike insurance unless you have 6 years riding history and this is the first you heard that :unsure:
It's not about legally asking for your credit, it's about legally not using it regardless of what the answer is. Why is that so hard for you to grasp?

Okay so now you're making a claim that refutes mine. Great! Maybe back then it wasn't illegal? I didn't research the law and i don't care to. Maybe your insurance company broke the law in doing so? Either way it's not legal to do so now.

We good?

Duh. I've said the same about Wawa myself, very recently, you even ASKED me about it. But let's be very specific what exactly are they asking for; 6 years riding experience or 6 years of insurance? They are not the same thing.

Back
Top Bottom